Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring Model Discussion 21st March 2013 006z onwards...

Coast

Posted

Thats a complete downgrade not only for the midlanda but for everyone practically and also no heavy precipitation whatsoever!!

Wouldn't go that far ... perhaps less snowfall but still enough to cause problems in many areas.

T42 has the second front further south west with Central Wales / Bristol / Gloucestershire now at risk on Saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

NAE has snowfall north of the Midlands, so a definite north shift in the NAE and at 36hrs the front has moved further west:

13032218_2112.gif13032300_2112.gif

I wish ones would post all the NAE rather than cherry picking on to suite there preference . So hear it is today's 12z looks good for those in the pink. A slight push south tonight , but then retreating further north fri afternoon but the blue in the midlands at that time is really nothing much falling out the sky , between the two fronts .

post-9095-0-16243700-1363879431_thumb.jppost-9095-0-16243700-1363879431_thumb.jp

post-9095-0-17321600-1363879454_thumb.jppost-9095-0-89362500-1363879481_thumb.jp

post-9095-0-33438000-1363879474_thumb.jppost-9095-0-77415300-1363879501_thumb.jp

post-9095-0-86701100-1363879442_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers /snowy winters

Wouldn't go that far ... perhaps less snowfall but still enough to cause problems in many areas.

T42 has the second front further south west with Central Wales / Bristol / Gloucestershire now at risk on Saturday.

It is a massive downgrade for the east mids / e anglia , if you look at 6am sat , the heaviest ppn has shifted 100+ miles west .

Dont know how to attach charts , still learning.

Posted

I wish ones would post all the NAE rather than cherry picking on to suite there preference . So hear it is today's 12z looks good for those in the pink. A slight push south tonight , but then retreating further north fri afternoon but the blue in the midlands at that time is really nothing much falling out the sky , between the two fronts .

post-9095-0-16243700-1363879431_thumb.jppost-9095-0-16243700-1363879431_thumb.jp

post-9095-0-17321600-1363879454_thumb.jppost-9095-0-89362500-1363879481_thumb.jp

post-9095-0-33438000-1363879474_thumb.jppost-9095-0-77415300-1363879501_thumb.jp

I'm colour blind and can never work out the detail in those NAE charts anyway!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

Lol Same. Completely useless colour scheme to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The Pink ball is the one above the blue ball..........I'll fetch me coat mega_shok.gif

Posted

It is a massive downgrade for the east mids / e anglia , if you look at 6am sat , the heaviest ppn has shifted 100+ miles west .

Dont know how to attach charts , still learning.

Lets see if the met scrap this one now!!

Posted

I'm more interested in seeing how the gfs 12z handles the precipitation, we are getting into the time frame now where it should have a good handle it.

Don't worry about what the NAE is showing, it will be different again in 6 hours time, atleast the gfs isn't having such swings in precipitation amounts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The Pink ball is the one above the blue ball..........I'll fetch me coat mega_shok.gif

Is it 5cm for the blue?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

No such changes from GFS so far

gfs-2-24.png?12

gfs-1-24.png?12

I never normally compare the gfs for close detail , the nae handles things much better , I can't believe people choose the gfs over a high res model , for instance the charts you posted show the 0 850hpa across northern England almost , and most if not all England and Wales are into positive numbers , which goes against the second chart you've posted but from the same model ? Also goes against the met o warnings because their amber warning is over parts where according to gfs is in + territory , also the met don't even look at the gfs so I know where my money with .

Posted

This surely can't be for real ??

think that was for the 18th of january

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

GFS pushing the snow into E Anglia on Saturday. Good for me!

uksnowdepth.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

GFS pushing the snow into E Anglia on Saturday. Good for me!

uksnowdepth.png

Yep, the local lunchtime forecast said a few centimetres virtually anywhere on Saturday. We also have a yellow warning which is better than was forecast yesterday.

Posted

I never normally compare the gfs for close detail , the nae handles things much better , I can't believe people choose the gfs over a high res model , for instance the charts you posted show the 0 850hpa across northern England almost , and most if not all England and Wales are into positive numbers , which goes against the second chart you've posted but from the same model ? Also goes against the met o warnings because their amber warning is over parts where according to gfs is in + territory , also the met don't even look at the gfs so I know where my money with .

Not true about the Met not loooking at the GFS. Fergie mentioned a couple of days ago they were prefering its solution to the ECM at that point. Its just in general they prefer UKMO (obviously) and ECM.

Edited by SomeLikeItHot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Just been on met office site and that warning is not on the site......

Its not been updated yet. The joys of having Fergie in your team eh?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Trust me it is!

Here's a larger version -

post-15744-0-79368200-1363880851_thumb.j

Are people actually falling for this light hearted joke?! Deary me.

Even when it's not enlarged you can see it's been edited in paint!

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Not much change on terms of the models, I am still concerned about some marginality for the area that is south in the predicted "snow zone". It does seem to be on a knife edge and something could easily pop up on the day and make it a slushy mess.

We shall see......hopefully not though.

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, snow

Just been on met office site and that warning is not on the site......

LOL

Posted

Not true about the Met not loooking at the GFS. Fergie mentioned a couple of days ago they were prefering its solution to the ECM at that point. Its just in general they prefer UKMO (obviously) and ECM.

You missed what the chief said yesterday then , I wouldn't lie my friend . They don't even consider it at the early time frames

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, good giggle folks, best go back on topic before we all get into trouble! good.gif