Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 20/03/13 22z ---->

A.J

Posted

I often wonder why people get enjoyment out of life threatening weather conditions.

Surely the only people who want to see copious amounts of snow are school children, people on the dole and lazy public sector workers?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

I often wonder why people get enjoyment out of life threatening weather conditions.

Surely the only people who want to see copious amounts of snow are school children, people on the dole and lazy public sector workers?

Yeah I agree I happy that we are seemingly going to avoid the worst all it does is causes chaos and inconvenience

Posted

Or people who like having fun and seeing something that looks beautiful?

Given that rain, wind, sun, and heat can also be "life-threatening", I guess that means you're looking for 15°C, full cloud cover, with some occasional light drizzle at night. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

*and severe weather enthusiasts. The snow will fall whether anyone wants it or not, so we may as well enjoy it.

I don't see why anyone likes cars, drinking, hiking, actually going outside the house (!) as all of these could be life threatening.

Edited by Alza

Posted

Latest BBC forecast confirms we'll miss the snow tomorrow some parts of the country will see 20c to 40cm, Saturday looks like the day when we'll see some

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Latest BBC forecast confirms we'll miss the snow tomorrow some parts of the country will see 20c to 40cm, Saturday looks like the day when we'll see some

ok gavin we get the message you dont have to keep rubbing it in wallbash.gifbiggrin.png

Posted

*and severe weather enthusiasts. The snow will fall whether anyone wants it or not, so we may as well enjoy it.

I don't see why anyone likes cars, drinking, hiking, actually going outside the house (!) as all of these could be life threatening.

So in your opionin having 6" (12" if you are in Heaton) of lying snow makes everyday life no more hazardous than if it was dry and sunny! Do me a favour.

Posted

Well the met office are not writing off our chances based on the 3-5 day forecast

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Heavy snow and blizzards continuing through much of Saturday, slowly dying out during Sunday. Monday is mostly dry with some sunshine. Very cold and windy throughout.

That forecast only 9hrs old.

Posted

What do peeps think about the convective potential next week?

A few snow showers along the coast on Monday and Tuesday look possible we then see a drier spell on Wednesday and Thursday before mild air has another going at shifting this cold air out the way on Friday

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Possible temporary snow on the front edge of this band as milder air starts to push in from the west

prectypeuktopo.png

I know I sound like a broken record but GFS continues to show milder air pushing in just in time for the Easter weekend

h850t850eu.pngukmaxtemp.png

To go with the milder air it looks like rain will arrive with it but where and how much is impossible to pin point at this stage

ECM is also going down the route of shifting the coldest air away just not as quick as GFS at this stage

ECM0-216.GIF?21-12ECM0-240.GIF?21-12

What both agree on as well is the pesky northern blocking erodes away

ECH1-216.GIF?21-12ECH1-240.GIF?21-12

Something to cling onto if your fed up of this what seems never ending cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

A few snow showers along the coast on Monday and Tuesday look possible we then see a drier spell on Wednesday and Thursday before mild air has another going at shifting this cold air out the way on Friday

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Possible temporary snow on the front edge of this band as milder air starts to push in from the west

prectypeuktopo.png

I know I sound like a broken record but GFS continues to show milder air pushing in just in time for the Easter weekend

To go with the milder air it looks like rain will arrive with it but where and how much is impossible to pin point at this stage

ECM is also going down the route of shifting the coldest air away just not as quick as GFS at this stage

ECM0-216.GIF?21-12ECM0-240.GIF?21-12

What both agree on as well is the pesky northern blocking erodes away

ECH1-216.GIF?21-12ECH1-240.GIF?21-12

Something to cling onto if your fed up of this what seems never ending cold

gavin dont you know it yet these gunna be no mild air till june 2014rofl.gif

Posted

Just out on blanchland moor working and snow depth currently 22cms

Posted

gavin dont you know it yet these gunna be no mild air till june 2014rofl.gif

I'll get it right one day lol persistence pays off

rofl.gif

For what its worth the latest NAE has the snow fall further north and lighter tomorrow

12pm

13032218_2112.gif13032212_2112.gif

18:00

13032218_2112.gif13032218_2112.gif

00:00 Saturday

13032300_2112.gif13032300_2112.gif

06:00 Saturday

13032306_2112.gif13032306_2112.gif

Accumulated snow by 12pm Saturday

13032312_2112.gif

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

I'll get it right one day lol persistence pays off

rofl.gif

For what its worth the latest NAE has the snow fall further north and lighter tomorrow

12pm

13032218_2112.gif13032212_2112.gif

18:00

13032218_2112.gif13032218_2112.gif

00:00 Saturday

13032300_2112.gif13032300_2112.gif

06:00 Saturday

13032306_2112.gif13032306_2112.gif

Accumulated snow by 12pm Saturday

13032312_2112.gif

is the shift North good for us?

Posted

Looks ok so far

ukprec.png

prectypeuktopo.png

ukprec.png

prectypeuktopo.png

but it shows 0 accumlation

Posted

Well the met office are not writing off our chances based on the 3-5 day forecast

Heavy snow and blizzards continuing through much of Saturday, slowly dying out during Sunday. Monday is mostly dry with some sunshine. Very cold and windy throughout.

That forecast only 9hrs old.

15:26 update

Snow and strong winds continuing for many parts Saturday, slowly dying out Sunday, with some bright or sunny intervals later Sunday and on Monday. Very cold and windy throughout.

Updated: 1526 on Thu 21 Mar 2013

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

15:26 update

Snow and strong winds continuing for many parts Saturday, slowly dying out Sunday, with some bright or sunny intervals later Sunday and on Monday. Very cold and windy throughout.

Updated: 1526 on Thu 21 Mar 2013

Downgrade lol! Any chance of the front stalling when it reaches us on Saturday as someone suggested it in the Model thread earlier

Posted

Expected snow accumulations map issued by the met office

BF5_CSn_XCAAEk_Mn_H_jpg_large.jpg

doesnt look as bad as people were making out on the mod thread, it was historic once in a lifetime event etc, that certainly doesnt show that

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Boro Snow, March 21, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Boro Snow, March 21, 2013 - No reason given
ECM0-72.GIF?21-0very cold looking day on sunday
Posted

wow that ecm looks cold into next week -10 uppers 4 days in a row only up to 120 hours at the min

Posted

So itv local and met say snow tomorrow and saturday but bbc national says none at all here. Anyone got a clue