Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 20/03/13 22z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Blimey, what a soaking we've had haven't we folks?!

It's been a long time since I was woken up through the night by the sound of rain lashing against the bedroom window.

Cool weather for the foreseeable ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

We've stopped on 23.4mm for now in Darlo looks like the worst has passed now

might not be these another band just showing itself on the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

All dry for now with some glimmers of sunshine now and again but there is another area of rain developing that we need to watch I've circled it in red below

Untitled.png

looking at its current track on the live radar those of us in the south of the region may miss this band anyone Durham northwards could be in the firing line

Edited by Gavin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

i think we might just miss that it looks like its heading for the north of the region on its current path

Posted

Anyone here that could give an update for penrith area?

Has been very wet, now eased off. Lots of fields flooded, standing water on roads. Ullswater and River Eamont still within their banks.

Looking forward to a dry spell next week!

Posted

That band of rain is slowly moving closer to land looking at its track its going to hit those Durham northwards upto Northumberland anyone south of Durham should be just about done with the rainfall now at the worst we'll get some light patchy stuff

Posted

just been out and about and it does feel humid out there

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

just been out and about and it does feel humid out there

Yep its not cold at all out there close to 12c currently

Posted

After yesterdays deluge today is much better with the cloud now breaking up slowly allowing the strong May sunshine to get out

:)

Posted

bbq weather out there today its lovely

Posted

bbq weather out there today its lovely

Make the most of today as its looking rather mixed till possibly Friday when the cloud may break up more

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Make the most of today as its looking rather mixed till possibly Friday when the cloud may break up more

tuesday looks ok

Posted

Tuesday looks ok

Yeah but cooler tomorrow should peak around 18c again but Tuesday to Thursday we are down to 13c, 12c & 10c respectively

Posted

Hey guys, hell of a lot of rain fell here yesterday as you all know. Filled up an entire field near the dual carriageway going over York Avenue, and under the metro bridge the flood water ran onto the road - which I nearly drove into a tad fast! (oops).

The deluge has got me reflecting on last year, where our own north east 'superstorm' came late June. We're half way through May now and am wondering what/if any storms we may encounter this year. 

I wonder what the chances are of us having of a severe storm at the same intensity of the couple we had in 2012 again, or even the quantity of storms.

I only have the past few years of taking notice of the weather, but to me it does indeed seem like its getting 'weirder', I wonder if any of the older members would agree. 

Posted

Hey guys, hell of a lot of rain fell here yesterday as you all know. Filled up an entire field near the dual carriageway going over York Avenue, and under the metro bridge the flood water ran onto the road - which I nearly drove into a tad fast! (oops).

The deluge has got me reflecting on last year, where our own north east 'superstorm' came late June. We're half way through May now and am wondering what/if any storms we may encounter this year. 

I wonder what the chances are of us having of a severe storm at the same intensity of the couple we had in 2012 again, or even the quantity of storms.

I only have the past few years of taking notice of the weather, but to me it does indeed seem like its getting 'weirder', I wonder if any of the older members would agree. 

that was an amazing storm if its the one im thinking of ive never seen rain like it a very good super sell and ive seen some good ones in florida but nothing compared to that one, im hoping we see the same this year, that one i think you are talking about stretched from north yorks to newcastle

Posted

that was an amazing storm if its the one im thinking of ive never seen rain like it a very good super sell and ive seen some good ones in florida but nothing compared to that one, im hoping we see the same this year, that one i think you are talking about stretched from north yorks to newcastle

The only time i've ever seen anything like it was in Mexico in 2011, and that's saying something when it's in the tropics and the storm built up over the Caribbean sea! But it still didn't have the same look about it as here with the sky going jet black and all. 

Posted

A cloudy morning in Darlo to start the new working week looks like we've had some light rain over night hopefully the cloud will thin and breaking during this afternoon and allow the strong May sunshine to get out again

Posted

warm and cloudy just about sums today up, there is a group of showers leaving southern scotland at the mo soon to arrive in northumberland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Lets hope those thundery downpours heading towards the Newcastle area from Scotland make it this far, although this feed of low cloud might kill them off. I notice it was over 5 degrees warmer in SE Scotland than it was here today!

Posted

well it hasnt lost any of its intensity yet as its creeps closer to newcastle

Posted

NE England is in for one heck of a soaking by the looks of it, although the lightning activity has largely fizzled out now.

Edited by Alza

Posted

Large drops of rain here just as it is almost dark.

Posted

heavy ppn heading into darlo/teesside area from the north