Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/03/13 21z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

some significant shower activity is now showing on the 20.15 radar, which would hit our region in about 3 hours (unless its another radar error). in a slack flow off the n.sea such as this its impossible to predict in detail shower activity.......bbc says no showers.....

doesnt look like a radar error to me mate,

some significant shower activity is now showing on the 20.15 radar, which would hit our region in about 3 hours (unless its another radar error). in a slack flow off the n.sea such as this its impossible to predict in detail shower activity.......bbc says no showers.....

There's a trough in the North Sea which we're watching (I'm invading from the Scottish thread):

post-2844-0-55998300-1363812133_thumb.gi

The brighter echoes look like they will hit Berwick southwards (I'm very slightly south of due west of Berwick), but as you say it's impossible to correctly predict the track of showers.

Fingers crossed we all get some snow tonight :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

There's a trough in the North Sea which we're watching (I'm invading from the Scottish thread):

post-2844-0-55998300-1363812133_thumb.gi

The brighter echoes look like they will hit Berwick southwards (I'm very slightly south of due west of Berwick), but as you say it's impossible to correctly predict the track of showers.

Fingers crossed we all get some snow tonight good.gif

thanks for that, the north sea does look like its really coming to life

could be a unexpected surprise for many tommorrow if it continues

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The north sea is certainly coming to life now could be a covering in places by morning if this continues

Posted

The sky has cleared here in the last couple of hours and everything has gone from a bit slushy

to very crunchy!

Now would be a great time for those showers to come onshore.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, new thread coming in time for the 18z outputs and analysis for this region.....so please finish off any posts, link to follow smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Temp has dropped down to -1.4c here, despite the e.flow. Any ppn will result in snow cover tonight. Radar still showing showers prepping up and heading our way.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, new thread here ---------->

locking this one shortly