Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/03/13 21z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Please carry on here smile.png

old thread here ---->

Posted

Looked on the BBC forecast online just now, it seems to downgraded the convective snow somewhat for Sunday and there is no snow graphics over the region for Monday! It does look likely Monday will be less convective but I still think there be snow showers first thing.

I also still believe its a little bit hard to believe we won't see snow settling with upper air temps of below -10 during Sunday day time, ok if the showers are NOT frequent and we get long spells of dry/sunny weather then snow accumulations will be minimal but in shaded areas, then I think snow will accumulated.

It would seem Sunday night is when things could get a little juicier convection wise so won't be surprised if there is a covering by Monday morning.

Tuesday/Wednesday is still uncertain, UKMO/ECM seems more favorable for fairly good convection via a Northerly which will topple but these can still deliver for sure.

Posted

everything holding steady here also.

Looked on the BBC forecast online just now, it seems to downgraded the convective snow somewhat for Sunday and there is no snow graphics over the region for Monday! It does look likely Monday will be less convective but I still think there be snow showers first thing.

I also still believe its a little bit hard to believe we won't see snow settling with upper air temps of below -10 during Sunday day time, ok if the showers are NOT frequent and we get long spells of dry/sunny weather then snow accumulations will be minimal but in shaded areas, then I think snow will accumulated.

It would seem Sunday night is when things could get a little juicier convection wise so won't be surprised if there is a covering by Monday morning.

Tuesday/Wednesday is still uncertain, UKMO/ECM seems more favorable for fairly good convection via a Northerly which will topple but these can still deliver for sure.

not concerned about snow amounts,the windchill is the one feature i'm interested in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

temp 2.2 dp -0.4 here, a lot of cloud cover though which will be obviously affecting the temp

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

not concerned about snow amounts,the windchill is the one feature i'm interested in.

Will definate be a windchill for certain, quite a sharp one for sure but why are you interested what it feels like in the wind for? Out of interest?

Posted

Will definate be a windchill for certain, quite a sharp one for sure but why are you interested what it feels like in the wind for? Out of interest?

reason being I've locked 18 laying hens indoors with food and water.the other 18 are free to roam as of yesterday,they have the same amount of food and water as the incarcerated birds.

I'm monitoring food consumption and egg laying including egg size for the next 21 days.

basically a flock of 36 split in half and results to be monitored.

Posted

iv'e attempted it before on a half arsed basis and the results were weird.the birds indoors went through a lot more food than the birds outside who were free to roam in bitter temps.

that in itself goes against the rule of livestock feeding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

ive just popped into the south east thread and found over a hundred people in there and came in here and found seven lol i wonder why the dearth of people in here!!

Edited by Continental Climate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

just been outside n a bit of drizzle greeted me mad.gif

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

reason being I've locked 18 laying hens indoors with food and water.the other 18 are free to roam as of yesterday,they have the same amount of food and water as the incarcerated birds.

I'm monitoring food consumption and egg laying including egg size for the next 21 days.

basically a flock of 36 split in half and results to be monitored.

I have to say that is the best answer I could have imagined.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Snowing lighlty in Gateshead. Very strange as wasn't expecting much looking at the radar.

Wasn't much... just a few flakes.

Edited by Snow White

Posted

Light snow here, ground far to wet to lay

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Morning. How are the temps and dps on this cold one. And especially interested in Peters hens!

Posted

Temp is 1.7 dp is -4.4

Posted

Snowing heavily here,I would reckon tonight will be the time for the heaviest accumulations,in the meantime everything has turned white and the snow is moderate to heavy.The temperature prior to it starting was 1.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

The radar is looking rather promising, lots moderate and heavy snow moving east looking like a interesting day.

Dew point is at -2.2 so might even settle right out to the coast at least until the sun comes out.

Edited by seabreeze86

Posted
  • Location: Jesmond, Newcastle Upon Tyne; 60m asl; and Beadnell, Northumberland 4m asl.
  • Location: Jesmond, Newcastle Upon Tyne; 60m asl; and Beadnell, Northumberland 4m asl.

Moderate/heavy snow in Jesmond since 7:55, good covering and settling on main road (Matthew Bank)