Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Netweather is 10 years old!

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Congatulations and keep going for another 10. A very good weather site to be a member off.Well done on all the work put into it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

10 years ago

"Our community of over 850 people is buzzing with discussion of upcoming and current weather events"

Current membership, 16,153, from all across the world!

Congrats Paul and team!

Posted

Over the coming weeks and months we're going to be holding events and running features to mark 10 years, looking back and forward in terms of what's to come. so stay tuned for that - I even have all the code for an early version of the site here which I may try to get uploaded as 'live' for a bit of retro fun.

Paul

An early version of netweather:

post-2-0-65287800-1361805726_thumb.png

Flashback time to when a number of us switched to Net Weather from the BBC weather forum!

Look forward to hearing about what events/features will be happening soon as well as the old forum code!

Well done to Paul and the team!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yes many congratulations Paul.

This great site has certainly grown and flourished in it`s 10 years and by the look of things will continue to do so.

Well done to all involved.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Yes Paul,many congratulations.As a lurker since the winter of 2010 I "took the plunge" and became a member late 2012.my first port of call in the morning and also last thing at night.Ive always had a keen interest in the weather and now I'm learning about it too.Plenty of folk on here to learn from and plenty of characters to " enjoy the banter " with.

Long may you continue to grow......I guess a hot ,thundery summer followed by a stormy autumn and a long cold winter would help.post-18260-0-73993200-1361813043_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Blimey, we're all getting old - including the site! A great day. Congratulations to everyone :D

• Like 1

Posted

Was member number 11 or 12 or something like that back on the 27th February 2003, still remember those days when old Slow-Watch closed down and the majority moved over here, even in those days there were Mild Rampers like "Another Pint Of Mild" and mr crazys lootons snowfans etc

My own little part in Netweather has been seeing the successfull side of getting the Storm Chasing Holidays off the ground and seeing people from not just this country but other countries as well, (Australia this year) and Ireland last few years witness Storms and Tornadoes with the Netweather Tours, again this grew slowly with 1 Car in 2007 with 3 guests, to 2 Cars in 2008 and the addition of Michael Fish chasing, last year saw 5 Tours and countless chase vehicles ferrying people on their holidays and all have had an amazing time (So we must be doing something right).

Have built up great friendships over the past 10 years, met probably around 200 people off Netweather on various BBQ's, Curry Nights, Meet Ups, and Holidays ( See we are not all Internet Axe Murderers Lol) and hope too meet many more.

Here's to the next 10 years! And by that time Trips to the Moon!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yes, congratulations and happy birthday, Netweather. Well done to Paul and everyone else on making this the best weather website in the Uk, or even on this planet. I joined six years ago back in 2007 and Ive seen the site grow from strength to strength. Heres to the next 10 years! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Congrats to Paul especially and to all on the team now and in the past. Good luck for the next 10 years.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Amazing.. 10 yrs!.. how did that go so quick? Congratulations Paul and team Posted Image keep up the good work - very much appreciated.

Posted

Congratulations to Paul and all the team, 10 years really does fly by.

When I had my first child 11 years ago people said I would wonder what I ever did with my time before but I think that about Netweather as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Well done Netweather. Brilliant site & forum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

post-2-0-99612100-1361805717_thumb.png

Scarily, 10 years ago today, armed with a free bit of software from the front of a pc magazine I started Netweather (or as it was then Net-Weather). Initially it was just a small hobby site with a few pages and a forum, but it quite quickly grew and as of today we see over 1 million people using the site a month!

Obviously a lot of people have played their part over the last 10 years, all of our forum team past and present have put in countless hours to keep things running smoothly on here, the forecast team have kept the site regularly updated with alerts and forecasts, Karl joined the team back in 2005 and is still with us working on the development side of things. Ian (my brother) invested as things began to take off in order to help us buy some kit, and is now with us full time too. There are too many people to individually thank, but to all our team members, community members and site users, I sincerely thank you all for your efforts, posts, enthusiasm and help with word of mouth over the years .

Over the coming weeks and months we're going to be holding events and running features to mark 10 years, looking back and forward in terms of what's to come. so stay tuned for that - I even have all the code for an early version of the site here which I may try to get uploaded as 'live' for a bit of retro fun.

For now though, I'm off to the pub for a celebratory drink :D

Paul

An early version of netweather:

post-2-0-65287800-1361805726_thumb.png

Well done to you all. This is a fantastic site. I look forward to many years of using this great website, and learning more and more. Enjoy your well deserved drinks. ATB

Posted

The website and I think most of the members on here have come a long way since the days of the old BBC snowwatch forum.

It's actually really frightening that its been 10 years as it still seems like just a couple of years, at most, that we all moved over on to net-weather, and the rest is now history.

I have many fond memories of times spent on here, through the days of dial up all the way through now to fibre optic broadband, with perhaps the most memorable event for me being the Jan 04 thunder snow event!

See you all in another 10 years!

Kris

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Happy 10th birthday NetWeather!!!......Big congrats to Paul for all the continued hard work in making this site what it is today & for all the hard work in the early days, never losing sight of the vision which has allowed NW to grow into the No 1 online source for all things weather, indeed, the 'mecca' for weather!.......I've been a member for nearly 8 years and on the hosting squad for the past 4, and it's been a pivilage!......Here's to another 10 years! Posted Image

Posted

happy birthday net weather

well done paul and to all the moderaters who have to spent

a lot of time keeping it a friendly and very knowledgeable site to visit.

i normally post in the south east thread and due to some sorry event

recently i have had a great support from the members on there.

would like to say a big thankyou to all of them

heres to another 10 years Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Well done Paul and team.

I don't know what I would do without this site and the friends I have made an also met from this site.

Please keep up the fabulous work.

Enjoy your drink(s)you deserve it.

Here's to many years to come of learning new things and friendly banter.