Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Radar

dallas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Should have a fix in place for them today smile.png

To the mobile site as well? I still can't change the radar scales, it enables/disables the Euro radar or opens up the coverage page. It's like the rendering means the button has merged with the one above and below it. :(

Posted

V4 is working on Chrome (Desktop) somewhat now, it loads the radar on opening the page and it updates. The 'Reset' settings isn't working though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I'm having a problem with this new radar on my work computer. It's running IE7.

When I open it, it starts with 24hrs accumulation on and runs animation without me doing anything. The buttons are all very stretched out across the whole screen and button to turn off the accumulation seems to be hidden behind something else on the drop down list, so at the moment I cannot see the current radar at work.

Personally I would rather it stayed as it was, I think a seperate mobile app would have been better than making everyone use what is effectively just a large mobile version, but that's just my opinion.

Posted

I'm afraid the new version of extra no longer supports IE7, it's very old now and was superceded by IE8 in 2009, so anyone using it really needs to be upgrading asap. As an example Google stopped supporting IE7 in a number of their products (such as apps etc) in 2011, and last year stopped supporting IE8, so IE7 really is beyond its useful existence!

Everyone using a desktop doesn't get a large mobile version, they get the full featured pc version with the same features as the previous design, which scales to the size of their screen, the mobile view is cut back, with a different layout specifically for mobiles. We have mobile apps in development to go alongside this too. :)

Posted

I still cannot change the radar scales, the button is somehow merged with the euro and coverage button as it it opens/enables them. :(

Posted

I use the stock browser with my Nokia.

All the other drop down menu's work fine, just not the scales, it wants to open other things up.

out of interest, how long would it take to put the scales drop down just above the radar? Or below the animation one? I think that it would go better there .. smile.png

Everytime it tries to update, i get the broken image icon appear now, and it's still draining my battery fast. I know updates need to happen but this is just no good now, i never had any of these problems before. :(

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

We're not having any other reports of image update problems and nothing's been changed in terms of the way it does update, so I don't think that's related to the upgrade. The same applies to any battery drain - it's all in the browser and aside from a change of layout there have been no fundamental changes in the way the page loads or updates, so nothing would cause additional battery load.

We have just updated the scale buttons to a different format though, so that should eliminate the problem you've seen with those?

Posted

We're not having any other reports of image update problems and nothing's been changed in terms of the way it does update, so I don't think that's related to the upgrade. The same applies to any battery drain - it's all in the browser and aside from a change of layout there have been no fundamental changes in the way the page loads or updates, so nothing would cause additional battery load.

We have just updated the scale buttons to a different format though, so that should eliminate the problem you've seen with those?

The new buttons make it a lot better! :)

Just a few more queries .. lol

I presume there's no way to save the settings on the mobile render?

One thing i've never got around to asking, why is it not possible to be logged in to two separate devices at once?

Thanks for your effort and patience Paul. :)

Posted

No problem, glad the buttons help. Settings saving is on the way to the mobile version shortly. Being logged in on two devices isn't possible right now, this is because it would then allow people to share logins etc but it is something we'd like to introduce if we can.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Is there a glitch with the radar at present in terms of the data coming in? On both V5 and V6, a large area of ppn disappeared from the east and south-east around lunchtime - if you play the past hour it's there for the first few 5 minutes frames, then instantly vanishes.sorry.gifaggressive.gif

Posted

Yes, looks like one of the Met Office radar sites in the southeast is down at the moment, sure they'll be working to get it running asap though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Yes, looks like one of the Met Office radar sites in the southeast is down at the moment, sure they'll be working to get it running asap though smile.png

Cheers Paul - that's what I thought must have happened. I asked to get a more expert opinion.good.gif

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

On mobile phone v4 was great and favourites could be saved, no longer able to, also the map is too small and cannot be enlarged. Don't like the mobile version for same reasons, v6 very awkward lo handle due to map position changing as you attempt lo navigate the page. Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I'm using the computer at work at the moment and the V6 radar image is pixellated rather than smoothed. I've had a good look around but can't see where to change it; could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks.  

Posted

The V6 doesn't have the smoothed option, that's currently only available on the v4 smile.png

Blimey, now I'm really confused!  The image on the computer at work is defintely much more 'blocky' than on my home p.c if that makes any sense. I haven't used the V4 for quite a while so I'm not mixing the two.

Posted

Maybe it's that's the office pc has a lower resolution monitor so appears that way - v5 and v6 have never had any smoothing options. Another possible is that you maybe have the european radar selected in the office? That has a 5km resolution, whereas the UK one has 1km. 

Posted

Maybe it's that's the office pc has a lower resolution monitor so appears that way - v5 and v6 have never had any smoothing options. Another possible is that you maybe have the european radar selected in the office? That has a 5km resolution, whereas the UK one has 1km. 

It must be the resolution of the monitor, Paul as I did have the UK, rather than the European on.

Thanks anyway.