Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Radar

dallas

Posted

Hi, are there any issues with the radar, resolution seems to be coming in and out, thanks

Dallas (UK 5 min radar V4)

Posted

Thanks for checking

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I thought i'd use this thread ..

I have the new graphics showing up on the radar pages, it looks nice.

A few questions, the radar doesn't load by itself on the V4 one, you have to click 'latest'

Also, is the topography option permanently gone?

Posted

Odd, I can't get it to act that way for me - perhaps click the reset settings option in case that is saving something weirdly. If not, please let me know which browser you're using and I'll have a closer look using that.

Topo should be back soon :)

Posted

Odd, I can't get it to act that way for me - perhaps click the reset settings option in case that is saving something weirdly. If not, please let me know which browser you're using and I'll have a closer look using that.

Topo should be back soon smile.png

I've tried it on Firefox and it loads automatically. Chrome and Chromium don't though ..

I love the look though, the mobile side is fantastic but can i make a possible request for it? I really like using the Traditional theme. My eyesight is pretty shot so that's the theme i use as i can see it better, would it be possible to have a drop-down somewhere to change those? :)

Posted

I wonder if there's an addon in chrome blocking it somewhere as it's definitely not doing that here.

There's a drop down beneath the radar in mobile view to update the scales.

Glad you're liking it - we'll definitely be working to iron out any kinks :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hi Paul, regards changed mobile radar postcode zoom not working, nor will the box drag. V6 better but no 850 vector overlay. Ta Tony.

Posted

Thanks Tony, the zoom on V4 mobile view definitely looks like a bug so I'll flag that up to be fixed asap.

Will also see if we can get the vectors added into the V6 overlays.

Posted

Cheers Paul

Posted

Liking the new look to the radar pages, however to now get from the radar to the forum I seem to have to click NW Homepage then go to

the forum rather than there being a forum clicker at the top of the page. Mabe a bit lazy but also seems an unneccessary removal unless

I am missing it.

To drag the radar on zoom mode it is now very sensitive, so much so that dragging South from my postcode zoom to see the English Channel

took me into Southern France lol !

Posted

Hi Andy, will take a look at the drag - that shouldn't have changed so seems odd. Re the links into the other parts of the site, on the right hand side of the menu at the top there's a drop down to free bits of the site, inc the community. Glad you like it :)

Posted

I wonder if there's an addon in chrome blocking it somewhere as it's definitely not doing that here.

There's a drop down beneath the radar in mobile view to update the scales.

Glad you're liking it - we'll definitely be working to iron out any kinks smile.png

Ooops, my bad, i didn't scroll down far enough! laugh.png

No addons being used on Chrome though.

Can't get the radar scales to show anything, it's actually changing the between the Euro and UK radar even though i'm not touching that button, can anyone else confirm this?

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Hi Andy, will take a look at the drag - that shouldn't have changed so seems odd. Re the links into the other parts of the site, on the right hand side of the menu at the top there's a drop down to free bits of the site, inc the community. Glad you like it smile.png

Yes I've found that drop down now, thanks Paul, and the drag is fine now too :-) .

Posted

Can't get the radar scales to show anything, it's actually changing the between the Euro and UK radar even though i'm not touching that button, can anyone else confirm this?

Are you on desktop or mobile? Can't recreate the issue on either currently.

Posted

Are you on desktop or mobile? Can't recreate the issue on either currently.

Yeah, mobile. Neither the Animation or Radar scale dropdown's do anything for me, that's using Opera Mini.

Posted

The Animation dropdown is working now but the scales aren't. I've zoomed in so i don't touch any of the other buttons but it seems to click the radar coverage or the Euro radar button. wacko.png

It's not saving any settings on Chrome/Chromium, nor the postcode. It puts it in there but if you refresh, it's all back to default, i guess that may be related to it not loading the radar automatically either?

Sorry to be a pain, just trying to help get these things sorted. smile.png

Edit: Radar not loading 1st time on Firefox now, and that doesn't save any settings.

If you fave your postcode and then refresh, there's no favourites, if you favourite again, it will duplicate the favourite.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

The Animation dropdown is working now but the scales aren't. I've zoomed in so i don't touch any of the other buttons but it seems to click the radar coverage or the Euro radar button. wacko.png

It's not saving any settings on Chrome/Chromium, nor the postcode. It puts it in there but if you refresh, it's all back to default, i guess that may be related to it not loading the radar automatically either?

Sorry to be a pain, just trying to help get these things sorted. smile.png

Edit: Radar not loading 1st time on Firefox now, and that doesn't save any settings.

If you fave your postcode and then refresh, there's no favourites, if you favourite again, it will duplicate the favourite.

I think the radar not loading issue may be related to having settings saved as I've managed to get it to do that. Saving postcodes seems ok at this end, but we'll have a good look at V4 tomorrow to try and get the bugs cleared. :)

Problems with the radar (V4) since the layout change (on firefox). It doesn't save the settings which means after ever refresh/revisit I have to reset everything, postcode etc. Also the radar is blank until you click on latest and that doesn't work sometimes either. Also the 'view large' option sometimes doesn't work and says the 'image contains too many errors'. Was fine before the change.

It seems the radar doesn't automatically update anymore either. To get it to update I have to refresh which means losing all settings and having to set everything again.

Nicer design though.

Edited by Bobby

Posted

Problems with the radar (V4) since the layout change (on firefox). It doesn't save the settings which means after ever refresh/revisit I have to reset everything, postcode etc. Also the radar is blank until you click on latest and that doesn't work sometimes either. Also the 'view large' option sometimes doesn't work and says the 'image contains too many errors'. Was fine before the change.

It seems the radar doesn't automatically update anymore either. To get it to update I have to refresh which means losing all settings and having to set everything again.

Nicer design though.

I've got all those problems on Chromium and Chrome.