Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club (NSC) 2014 Onwards

Posted

Stormless in South Devon. We seem to sit in a kind of tunnel, where anything making its way over the channel seems to head 50 miles to the East or West of us.

Disappointing day, no storms anywhere near forecasted and now no yellow warnings for the west midlands, charts look good for activity though not sure if its of the stormy kind and just wet overcast days, really need some rain now the beautiful Warwickshire countryside is turning into a dust bowl.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Another day another bust me thinks.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

What a belter. Sky went that sickly peachy colour, then black, and then it started. Cloud to cloud and forked lightning. Its lasted at least 3/4 of an hour and is still rumbling on in the distance. It passed straight overhead. I can now remove myself from the No Storms Club :yahoo:  :clapping:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

2nd let-down in 36 hours. Funny how the thunder forecast never comes to fruition here but the downgrades are always set in stone while elsewhere gets the thunder event promised and upgrades.

I bet a years wages that Guildford sees out May without a single clap of thunder - not even one of our 'one rumble wonders' which usually seem to be the best we can muster here.

Furthermore, I bet another years wages that when I go on holiday to Cornwall next month, that is when Guildford gets clobbered by the best storm for years while Cornwall gets the usual dross when I attempt to have a holiday and I miss the excitement craved all year. Then another summer of garbage like the last 7 years. Even last year wasn't great here and no thunder was heard in August which was supposedly a thundery month.

Hate U.K. weather like this and seriously wish I could go USA or even European storm chasing just to get my fix then perhaps I would not be so bored with the pathetic let-downs and constant 'unfair' disappointment and 'sods law' frustration which makes up 99.9% of events here.

• Like 1

Posted

well I suppose I am still here , despite me seeing some good forked lightning the other night but had to go on a 30 mile round trip to see it.  we didnt actually get anything here

this must be the most thunder free town in the uk,  we are always too far west . then if storms do break out in the west we miraculously become to far east,  

don't suppose any of this  thundery stuff going on down south and in the midlands will appear here

thought not :lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Still here :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

another day, another bust....ho hum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

My membership appears to have expired today :)

Posted

well I suppose I am still here , despite me seeing some good forked lightning the other night but had to go on a 30 mile round trip to see it.  we didnt actually get anything here  this must be the most thunder free town in the uk,  we are always too far west . then if storms do break out in the west we miraculously become to far east,     don't suppose any of this  thundery stuff going on down south and in the midlands will appear here thought not :lazy:

Most of Greater Manchester has been thunder free this year. The last time I heard thunder was 9th November last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

We will never  get a thunderstorm ever again for as long as I live, I guarantee you that. I will die an old man without witnessing another storm.

• Like 2

Posted

GAME OVER....AGAIN...

Posted

Oh well at least i can call this forum home lol

Posted

Might not be game over juuuust yet, look at those showers developing near sbad wordhorpe. They are pushing our way and there has been the odd sferic out that way..

Posted

storm in manchester, big storm over liverpool the other day,  and north over cumbria , storms along the lancashire coast

storm in wigan....hahaha dont make me laugh

dont know what to blame anymore, it must be something about wigan, hey folks if any of you hate storms move here

• Like 1

Posted

storm in manchester, big storm over liverpool the other day,  and north over cumbria , storms along the lancashire coast storm in wigan....hahaha dont make me laugh dont know what to blame anymore, it must be something about wigan, hey folks if any of you hate storms move here

Storm in Manchester? It was just one lightning flash and that was it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Another stormless day. I think most people have had a storm by now. Sigh.

Posted

Another stormless day. I think most people have had a storm by now. Sigh.

no nothing here this year,  must only be a very select few left in here,  even jane and cloudwatcher have had a storm :rolleyes:

tomorrow is forecast thunder possible in west,  but I am too far east, if its not that I am always too far west

heavy shower with thunder later was mentioned in a local BBC weather bulletin , i laughed and dismissed it immediately, how can they be so ignorant

now if they has said a 0.001% risk of thunder they would have been more accurate, the real risk turned out to be 0%

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I am getting the beers in ready to drown my sorrows when the' thundery showers' fail to happen here on saturday, anyone else bringing a can or two

• Like 2

Posted

Count me in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I'm in...... i'll bring a bottle :whistling:

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Me too. No proper summer thunderstorm since 2006, even when Wales got battered a few weeks ago we were in a small hole where nowt happened. Maybe champagne and a merry dance if we break our summer storm drought, else whiskey and much grumbling.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

All I can  say with absolute certainty is that we will not get a thunderstorm here at all, and I will check back here to verify that on Saturday or Sunday.

• Like 3

Posted

yip looking like that

timing is wrong again

heavy morning rain then a bit and cooler fresher as it passes, is my forecast,  then watch the usual areas have fun with fireworks

thunderstorms unpredictable, nah, you can write the script cant you

• Like 2