Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club (NSC) 2014 Onwards

Posted

I joining  the no storms club even though I got a got out in the Autumn of 2013

I am renewing my membership for the 2014 season, I feel it will a poor one again for storms here, a real gut feeling !

OK I had two distant flashes and a faint rumble in march, not a storm in my books

chance today , but I feel I am to far north ,

forget that.,... absolutely  no chance today,  being realistic :laugh:

Edited by IanR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Well, after several flashes and cracks yesterday (including one that caused the car alarms to go off), coupled with torrential rainfall, I think I can safely hand in my NSC membership for this year.

• Like 1

Posted

I have to say, convective wise, what a disappointment the last few days have been around here. Yesterday was the best day but even then most people missed out.

It looked good on the models but nothing. Today is another blank day.

Posted

its not just the last few days , the whole year so far has been disappointing, even last year there was more convective activity in the north west by this time, hope its not october again before we see decent widespread activity, that was just ridiculous

Edited by IanR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Once again I take up membership. My eternal hope for a storm is like a puppy desperately hoping for another tummy rub.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

I definitely should join the No Storms Club as Dumfrieshire (at least the part I live in) never seems to have storms...not even wee ones that I have ever noticed, I cant even remember the last decent storm we had. I watch the lovely fat black clouds rolling over, get excited, and then nothing! It is really upsetting. Whats even worse is when my area shows a really good chance of a thunderstorm and then it is downgraded. I keep watching whilst telling myself 'don't get excited as it will be downgraded'. Just the other day I was watching a storm moving from the northwest southwards - on radar -  to my area and couldn't believe it when it disintegrated just before reaching us. Oh well, never mind, no point in grouching about it. Will just have to put up with the boring rain. :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I definitely should join the No Storms Club as Dumfrieshire (at least the part I live in) never seems to have storms...not even wee ones that I have ever noticed, I cant even remember the last decent storm we had. I watch the lovely fat black clouds rolling over, get excited, and then nothing! It is really upsetting. Whats even worse is when my area shows a really good chance of a thunderstorm and then it is downgraded. I keep watching whilst telling myself 'don't get excited as it will be downgraded'. Just the other day I was watching a storm moving from the northwest southwards - on radar -  to my area and couldn't believe it when it disintegrated just before reaching us. Oh well, never mind, no point in grouching about it. Will just have to put up with the boring rain

We all  know that feeling Anne.Although I have had my first storm this year already :) but  many  times I experienced this awful feeling too.It'll happen one day :D let's hope next week brings along a few surprises. :drinks:

Posted

Knew it! Flamin' knew it! Next week was looking quite optimistic for storms up my way but it has now all been downgraded. :angry:  :bomb:  :wallbash: Sorry bout that but feeling awful disheartened and sad...

Posted

Knew it! Flamin' knew it! Next week was looking quite optimistic for storms up my way but it has now all been downgraded. :angry:  :bomb:  :wallbash: Sorry bout that but feeling awful disheartened and sad...

:wallbash:  :search:  :(  :angry:  :nonono:  says it all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

77% chance for us today according to Netweather forecasts..............

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..............yeah right. See you all back here tomorrow then!  :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I feel cheeky posting in here, but I can't get over how places that are usually cloudy, cold and miserable such as NE Scotland and West Wales, can get these amazing thunderstorms with frequent lightning, yet here, where we have actual warmth and humidity, we get sweet f00k all.

I seriously think we used up our thunderstorm privileges in April when we got that one, short-lived storm. Getting more than one is pushing it.

Edited by cheese

Posted

77% chance for us today according to Netweather forecasts..............

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..............yeah right. See you all back here tomorrow then!  :wallbash:

I will be here too, mark my words   always the wrong location this,

I can see large cumulus developing to my north , and  few to the west, they will contunue  to push up away from here,  then probably develop into thunderstorms ,

ok nighttime distant lightning show perhaps then

....nah ,not even that lucky , they will be too far north by then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

No overhead storms here, have to be content with the odd distant rumble. 

Posted

Flamin heck. I am so so disappointed. Plenty of thunderstorms happening 8 miles distant to me and yet all i have heard all day is one miserly little rumble far far in the distance. Its so fraustrating and i've got no one to complain to .......fed up...

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Surely one or 2 of you are out after this evening :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Nope still here.

Posted

Nothing yet, this year...

Nothing. Close but no cigar. What a waste all that lightning was over the Irish Sea, at least the Isle of Man got something out of it. It will be interesting to see the lightning strike map for May. You'll see lightning strikes galore over the Irish Sea and over parts of NW England, little unless it changes over the next few days.
  • Like 1

Posted

Guys. I'm out of here. Best storm in about 15 years here last evening/ night

Hooray  :drunk: off you go then and dont come back Lol :wink:

Posted

Well, I'm still here :angry:. Was getting excited yesterday evening but as usual absolutely nothing! The radar for my area looked good but it seems that anywhere to the east of Dumfries had no chance. My partner went home to Dumfries about 9pm last night and gleefully phoned me to tell me all about the forked lightning and lovely loud rumbles of thunder...I fell out with him. I'm not going to even hope for anything today as it will no doubt be exactly the same even though it shows Lochmaben as having a good chance of a storm :nonono: