Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club (NSC) 2014 Onwards

Posted

Drizzle,drizzle and more drizzle typical storm weather for here...Posted Image Posted Image

same happened here, we were forecast very intense rain for the drive home from work, then thunder showers to follow,  errr no,  Get real , more like moderate rain then clear spells for tonight,  

surely next year cant be as bad, the worst year ever , ever , ever, and I was around in the good old seventies, when thunder and lightning was almost like the bread and butter of our weather,  now its like some kind of rare elusive phenomena, that you wonder if you will ever see again in your life time Posted Image 

• Like 2

Posted

wow not one storm here, 2 rumbles is literally all i heard all summer, diabolical.

Thats incredibly bad

but next year expect the complete demise of that once great weather event known as the thunderstormPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

2013 - the worst year I have ever known for missing out. This area missed the snow in March and we have had no major thunder outbreak at all. There have been repeated forecast failures, lets downs and 'unfair' situations.

Big deal - we got a 'good' summer - it was only exceptionally dry thanks to missing all the thunder outbreaks.

Absolutely livid this evening - horrid day at work and come home hoping that SOMETHING might develop after a week of all the excitement pushing north over Devon and Cornwall. Btw - one of those storms that was supposed to affect the S.E. on 6th September hit my holiday spot - lightning hit a flagpole at the caravan park at Par - of course all I got when I was there 10 days later was poxy drizzle.

So tonight, after the load of rubbish last night and another no-show at lunchtime today (both given warnings even in this area) there are interesting developments over north France and the English Channel due south of this area - after a week of north movement - hopes are raised - Guildford might actually get something - no, not bl**dy likely - not in this dreadful year - everything starts to move N.E. and guess where is destined to completely miss out???

3.6 mm rain in one week from a depression in this synoptic set up is pitiful and pathetic.

Sorry to complain but I have had a gutfull of this dreadful year and missing out ALL THE TIME. I wouldn't be so bad if there was just ONE event and the usual areas missed out for a change.

2013 - S.E. UK weather at its worst. Summer and autumn 2013 for interesting rain and thunder events is what that dreadful snowless winter 1983~1984 was like for missing out frustration with no snow in southern England - I NEVER want a repeat of that horrid cold zonality and if that's the theme for this winter after the dreadful lack of excitement in 2013, I will end up bonkers in the funny farm - that is if I am not bonkers already.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Every single convective setup, every single one fails here for a good few years now, somehow everything dies before it get's here then explodes after, or scrapes by just a few miles away.

We did come close to breaking the curse on 23rd July with those few loud booms & distant flashes but the cell passed as always 5-10 miles south east of here so joins the near misses club.

28th July 2008 was the last time we had a direct hit here, and I mean proper torrential rain, crazy lightning, booming thunder, the full works! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I'm out! Heard more thunder and seen more lightning today than in the last 3 years combined.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm out! Heard more thunder and seen more lightning today than in the last 3 years combined.

Yes, we just a big one here too.

Pete

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I could rant all night long about my lack of storms but I can't even be bothered to do that anymore. Even I'm getting fed up of my own moaning on the subject. The lack of thunder and lightning here is becoming a pathetic joke.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Been successful for myself. Sadly the same few missing out. Certainly did well with the midlands and Falmouth combined. Only have to go back 1 week since the last thunderstorm :D

Posted

Been successful for myself. Sadly the same few missing out. Certainly did well with the midlands and Falmouth combined. Only have to go back 1 week since the last thunderstorm Posted Image

When one does come along it's gona have to be one almighty storm to make up for this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

have a feeling a proper thunderstorm is going to wake me up when i go to sleep, so far iv seen 4 flashes and heard about 7 distant rumbles. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Yay,definitely my turn next Posted Image probably, in about 10 years Posted Image But for most it's been pretty cool for storms this autumn. Still quite a few of us left in here I believe.Posted Image

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

*Bump* - We going to restart this for 2014 or continue on this one? Posted Image

Just thought I'd be the one to remind those longing for a storm, as some sferics are being detected to the SW of the UK within the squally showers forecast to move in overnight. Who knows? Some may get lucky early like last year Posted Image

Posted

Hi Chris. I'm going to carry it on in this thread.Posted Image I still haven't got lucky yet! but the rest of those the South West has this Winter. Unbelievable Lol Posted Image

Posted

Enters the room feeling very down.....Whose turn is it to buy the drinks ?????

Posted

Don't worry Paul! I have the first lot in.. will order more for next week lol just help yourself Posted Image​ 

post-5519-0-97255500-1389205961_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Unbelievably for 2014, I left the NSC on the third day Posted Image  More thunderstorms this winter than last summer by far. Went through 3 consecutive days in December with thunder and lightning.

Edited by Convective
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Despite the activity this New Year, so far my little shield has held up well.....Thunder to the north of me, lightning to the south.....

....here I am... stuck in the middle....etc...

or even

Did hear my first clap of thunder tonight about 9pm, but stuck in a Parish Council meeting at the time so didn't see any lightning....guess it's my round then!

xxx

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Not long to go now before we start seeing those pretty red and pink colours appear on the CAPE charts. Posted Image

...over Northern France. Not long to go before we start to see darker blues and pale greens over the UK Posted Image

But I really do hope this year is the one to set the level for future years.. Maybe my pessimistic side has gone to sleep tonight but somehow I think that this year will be a better one than the last few around here. I was looking at the annual figures issued from the local MetOffice and its been too many years with 2 or less thunderstorms. Another year with 2 or less would be practically anomalous...

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
Posted

I should have perhaps said back in Jan with the passing of that very active squall, that I'm no longer a member...for the forseeable anyway. Friday night's storm was a cracker!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

OK Jane is out.

I'm still in....anyone else still here?

• Like 1

Posted

Yay I got a storm today just can't believe it .Posted Image Posted Image I'm out and I want all of you out of here by the end of the year OK lol .

• Like 1