Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club (NSC) 2014 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Well guys, it's been emotional but I have to leave you all..........

I'M OUT OF HERE!  Posted Image

Well done.......just me and a few left then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Well we came close then, we even had frequent T&L, but since the heavy rain completely bypassed us, I cannot count it as a storm, but a near miss. Very, very close.

In fact, to further rub the salt in the wound, back at  home in Church Fenton, they've had a direct strike from that cell! The weather is definitely conspiring against me.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

How the hell can it miss me again!!!!Posted Image  I have been surrounded by them. The clouds looked spectacular! so close ,yet so far again grrrrr.I'm gonna turn the radar off now.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

l

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

How the hell can it miss me again!!!!:shok:  I have been surrounded by them. The clouds looked spectacular! so close ,yet so far again grrrrr.I'm gonna turn the radar off now.Posted Image :angry: Posted Image

I sometimes refrain from looking at the radar in the vain hope something will pop up and take me by surprise. Never does though!

l

Posted

There's a cosmic conspiracy going on, I'm convinced of it.....storm hit my town yesterday whilst I was in Somerset...now I return and hear of a multitude of places getting storms, whilst I and my fellow tormented inmates of the NSC...(Cloudwatcher excepted) get jack s...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

W O W, Warwickshire is missing nearly every storm... SO ANNOYING, and theres none on there way here... AAAAHHHHHHHH, its like yesterday!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

I'm still in the club - and i'm smack bang in the middle and its astounding that we have just had the distant flashes from last week!

1. The Notts storms got close then just went north

2. the next morning they all went to the East - missed us again

So been visiting in Poole since  and just got back a few hours ago. Down in Poole they all went to the IOW!

looking at the radar this morning the storms skirted LB and hit MK - then they switched and are all going just to the south! (Wycombe - Luton - Stevenage). Honestly, if you looked out of my SW facing bedroom window, its like the parting of the red sea!

It is starting to get a bit silly now...

Posted

Note to self.. must hibernate between April and October.. lol

Posted

Definitely in the club after today, I was in the center of all of the storms, the thunder could not even be heard from my area when there was strikes only in Coventry! A 30 second shower was the most I got, not good at all, but still classed as a "thundershower" because there was one tiny rumble of thunder.

Posted

I've been trying to work out why we get no storms. I'm wondering if it's because of the wind here especially today! also we are surrounded by hills. I have a feeling the E/SE/NW wind today is blowing those awesome storms awayfrom here  grrr. I need a drink grrrrrrr

Posted

..'Flashes to the left of me,

rumbles to the right..

Here I am stuck in the middle with f**k all as usual'

If Gerry Rafferty had lived in Leighton Buzzard Posted Image

Definitely in the club after today, I was in the center of all of the storms, the thunder could not even be heard from my area when there was strikes only in Coventry! A 30 second shower was the most I got, not good at all, but still classed as a "thundershower" because there was one tiny rumble of thunder.

Count yourself lucky, absolutely nothing here today, it rained just 7 miles away in Southam and Solihull was hit hard also, just unbelievable how just south of Coventry always misses the showers, am going to try and contact a local meteorologist to find out the answer why.

The NSC Official Office will be opening here soon Posted Image

Edited by Eugene
  • Like 1

Posted

Count yourself lucky, absolutely nothing here today, it rained just 7 miles away in Southam and Solihull was hit hard also, just unbelievable how just south of Coventry always misses the showers, am going to try and contact a local meteorologist to find out the answer why.

The NSC Official Office will be opening here soon Posted Image

Solihull was hit quite hard. Amazing day. I thought near misses as per usual but nope. 4 storms in one afternoon. Been waiting years for a day like this.

And even more so, waited almost 10 years to capture something like this... (Video still I know but it did happen!)

post-8209-0-01822700-1375128936_thumb.jp

For those who have missed out today, keep the faith. Still August/September to go yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

There must be very few people actually left in this club now surely?

Posted

I'm still here.....had I gone on holiday a week earlier, I'd be out of the NSC but nooooooo....Mother Nature can't resist playing a lousy trick on me by delivering a storm over my home town yesterday when I just happened to be 200+ miles away. Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I'm still here.....had I gone on holiday a week earlier, I'd be out of the NSC but nooooooo....Mother Nature can't resist playing a lousy trick on me by delivering a storm over my home town yesterday when I just happened to be 200+ miles away. Posted ImagePosted Image

Still in here too. I've come within 3 miles of leaving though!

Posted

Had a shower yesterday with several overhead cracks and flashes, but blue sky was visible all the while, and the rain was only occasionally heavy, as the shower was fractured and lost much of its integrity. I am reluctant to consider that a storm considering how short-lived it was.

The rest of the day was characterised by near-misses, with three storms in total passing by to the south of here, effecting the same areas again and again. On all three occasions, lightning was visible, thunder was audible, with the first one having thunder so loud it vibrated the windows. We had rain from that, but it was clear we just missed as the lightning and thunder was clearly to the SE rather than overhead, and the lightning didn't illuminate the entire sky, rather it was confined to the SE.

A very frustrating day overall, though perhaps some perspective is needed here - several overhead cracks and  flashes is still something, but in my eyes, is not a storm by any means. Just a thundery shower. If it occurred in March, I might have classed it as a storm, just so I can leave early!

Anyway, there's today too. CAPE is weak away from Scotland and Northern Ireland, but something still possible.. we'll see.

Edited by cheese

Still nothing. Summer thunderstorms are extinct here it feels. Two distant rumbles heard the past 2 days, one I didn't even hear myself. Still time for a massive supercell to hit sometime this summer and make up for the long years of summer storm drought I suppose.

Posted

About the same mate - but considering where I am and the amount of storms in the area, it's incredible really that LB has missed out - all other towns around us have had one.

Yesterday was a classic - stream of storms firing towards the north -(MK, Bedford) - then to the south (Luton, Stevenage)..has to be the topography I presume.

Funnily enough, three years ago there was a very stormy day nationally, and the first thundery shower of the day in the UK started between us and Aylesbury and hit us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

still in here, no thunderstorm within 300 miles of me yesterday.

Posted

I need to hear a rumble of thunder in the next 29 days otherwise it's an entire summer without hearing any thunder at all.....incredible.Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Storms all around me again and they just wont come here!Posted Image It's unbelievable!!!! Posted Image really fed up with them now grrrrrrrrr.

Posted

Count me in! The storms are avoiding my area, I might as well count the storms that DONT hit my area, well actually I will!