Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club (NSC) 2014 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

Thats it - fed up now!!  Posted Image

Please can I renew my membership to the NSC Jane?

Seeing practically the whole country lit up like a christmas tree the overnight rain shower here in Eastbourne followed by a short sharp shower this morning and a couple of meagre distant rumbles of thunder does not a storm make in my opinion!!

I need to be able to freely express my annoyance with like minded, storm starved individuals like me (waves hello to everyone )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Thats it - fed up now!!  Posted Image

Please can I renew my membership to the NSC Jane?

Seeing practically the whole country lit up like a christmas tree the overnight rain shower here in Eastbourne followed by a short sharp shower this morning and a couple of meagre distant rumbles of thunder does not a storm make in my opinion!!

I need to be able to freely express my annoyance with like minded, storm starved individuals like me (waves hello to everyone )

Course you can.Posted Image  you can also rant and rave as much as you want.Posted Image  I was hoping most members would be out after last night! Still there's always tonight instead.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Can i get a permanent seat in here? Really cant remember the last time i saw a proper Thunderstorm here, if ever tbh.

Yes, feel free to join us storm starved. I'm ordering more booze later then we can all drown our sorrows once again.Posted Image

For all members.Do not give up hope.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I'm ordering more booze later then we can all drown our sorrows once again.Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

post-7254-0-49744000-1374587449_thumb.jp

Met Office have just issued this.............

Oh what a surprise, misses our location.................AGAIN!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Pretty rubbish at home in LB last night. The stuff that went up to Notts was on its way, then went north - and then the stuff this morning was to the east!

Heard my first rumbles today at work in London - but not even any lightning, plus some heavy rain for 2 mins. Pretty poor all round. Hey ho, thats life!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Today was only OK for storms in my area, I did not see any CG lightning however there were reports of it nearby to me, the storms on Monday night all managed to avoid my area somehow all heading to Leicester, only one bought some flashes, distant thunder and very heavy rain for a short period of time. Tuesday morning at around 7am was more impressing, some very loud crashes of thunder, IC lightning and torrential rain showers. It still annoys me that the worst of the storms always seems to avoid Warwickshire like this morning. A small but thundery shower is predicted EXACTLY in my area by BBC, I doubt it will come anyway!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Posted ImageCapture.JPG

The Cheshire Storm Desert illustrated to brilliant effect. Un-(expeletive)-believable....

Bloody hell, shows how close I came and highlights the Cheshire void once AGAIN! I mean they literally stop at the Cheshire border. Madness.

Reminds me of that June 28th map from last year. Deary me.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

You have only got to laugh at that warning map, its like it knows where the border to Wales is. Thats it im booking myself a storm chasing holiday next year and be done with it :) It aint happening here

Posted

This better be a good forecast!

Update: The shower never came, just wow, hoping for thunder on Thursday.

post-17472-0-35591900-1374591321_thumb.j

Edited by Cumulonimbus123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Very disappointing so far in Barnsley. Couple of rumbles around 6am this morning and some heavy rain - But that's it so far. Currently under an amber warning from the MO from 16.45 today so here's hoping!

Posted

TWO close cracks of thunder this morning with two sheet lightning  flashes, and two distant rumblesPosted Image

The hail and rain mix was torrential for a couple of minutes, Bit dissapionted there was not more fireworks, but hey this is Wigan and I should be grateful of this consulation prize

Maybe just enough to get me out of here,  maybe not

nothing will happen here today despite being in the orange zone, you can write the script with these so called plume events now,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

TWO close cracks of thunder this morning with two sheet lightning  flashes, and two distant rumblesPosted Image

The hail and rain mix was torrential for a couple of minutes, Bit dissapionted there was not more fireworks, but hey this is Wigan and I should be grateful of this consulation prize

Maybe just enough to get me out of here,  maybe not

nothing will happen here today despite being in the orange zone, you can write the script with these so called plume events now,

Yeah I don't know how forecasters struggle. It's obvious who will miss out- the usual suspects.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Hello everyone, glad I'm not the only one to feel very disappointed with not getting any storms overnight - I felt tears of frustration this morning but that's probably because I was overtired as I didn't sleep very well (damn that anticipation!)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

I'm a new member, although we did get some rain in Amersham today for a short while!

Don't get me wrong, I like where I live but I'm sick and tired of the lack of storms and the laughable snow we get (or not) in this area! I'm now getting very weary of heat and humidity in the SE without storms to clear the air!

Posted

Hearing some very distant thunder... Nottingham seems to be getting a lot of the strikes, the storms seem to weaken when they reach Sheffield. An odd strike quite near to my location. Storms seem to be brewing in London and possibly in the Midlands.

Another 100+ strikes in Nottingham, other detectors show some popping up in the East Midlands too!

post-17472-0-37110900-1374601710_thumb.j

post-17472-0-44572400-1374602149_thumb.j

Edited by Cumulonimbus123

Posted

Still very quiet and dry in Portsmouth. Just a few small droplets avoided evaporation before reaching the ground at about 1500 today. I think I imagined a distant rumble, Otherwise sunny or hazy sunshine, with a light SW breeze.

Edited by Timini Cricket

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

I think it is time i entered this club now. Getting sick of hearing the north-east is the storm capital well not here especially not this spell. What i would give to see a convective sky never mind a storm. Whinge over

0.3mm of rain here today a awful lot less than was forecast.

Edited by seabreeze86

Posted

Some places were just purely unlucky today. Plymouth and Wales seemed to get near enough nothing today. Seems like most places got at least a strike though.

post-17472-0-98949800-1374612051_thumb.j