Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club (NSC) 2014 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Well, I hope you'll have me. Medway storm shield holding well, now, for years ...

You're more than welcome here lol.Plenty of booze here to drown your sorrows. Maybe next week  we can all get out of here.Posted Image

Posted

You know what the worst thing is its not the not getting a thunderstorm at all but seeing clouds develop nicely being have way there only for it all to fall apart

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

You're more than welcome here lol.Plenty of booze here to drown your sorrows. Maybe next week  we can all get out of here.Posted Image

You will miss us all though

Posted

Looking good for next week eh? Posted Image Posted Image

Yep...I should imagine the Benelux countries should have a great event Posted Image Watch the potent stuff make an inexplicable right turn towards the usual suspects, with the remaining decayed sludge coming over us.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted

All goes well, and the NSC is empty after this week..............who'd have thought it possible?

I have a hunch this week will give rise to an event that will rival the 3rd/4th July 2001 thunderstorms.

• Like 1

Posted

All goes well, and the NSC is empty after this week..............who'd have thought it possible?

I have a hunch this week will give rise to an event that will rival the 3rd/4th July 2001 thunderstorms.

Carl could you pass on your details to Jane!!! That way we all know who to string up when it does not happen.LOL....

• Like 1

Posted

If we all miss out after all this dry and warm/hot weather, then it's time to quit looking for storms, and start conducting a search for the South Sea Bubble!

• Like 2

Posted

If we all miss out after all this dry and warm/hot weather, then it's time to quit looking for storms, and start conducting a search for the South Sea Bubble!

The easiest solution is to fill in the English Channel. Just leave a big enough channel like the Panama canal and we will all be happy..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Carl could you pass on your details to Jane!!! That way we all know who to string up when it does not happen.LOL....

Oi you!! Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

With the inevitable "eastward shift" pattern getting underway, yours truly cannot help but begin to wonder if, for some of us at least, this "event" could turn into the biggest busted flush of all time?

• Like 2

With the inevitable "eastward shift" pattern getting underway, yours truly cannot help but begin to wonder if, for some of us at least, this "event" could turn into the biggest busted flush of all time?

As inevitable as the sun rising each morning eh? Though you could well get something.

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

I will put money on it being a non-event up here. As usual. As per every year....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

After a max. of 33.2 deg.C. today and a shift from Hell working in it this evening, I really hope this thunder event delivers at Guildford. It already looks like the usual areas are getting all the fun. All we got this evening was a brief shower that evaporated within 30 minutes and made it feel even more humid and wretched.

If the amount and number of times that I get rudeness, derogatory and abusive remarks from customers could equal the number of times that Guildford gets a severe thunderstorm then I would be a happy man. Another example of disrespect and verbal abuse from a woman this evening who had the cheek to call me rude when she barged in front of me as I was struggling to negotiate line of trolleys into the bay trying not to knock the 5 or 6 students loitering in the entrance of the trolley bay. Maybe if this jumped up madam worked 6 hours in the car park in sweltering heat and got disrespect then she may understand the effects of her actions.

Work related annoyances aside - one wonders why I get so annoyed about storms failing when we have to get the humid filth like this evening then I have to put up with situations like the above. I admit I am a severe weather FANATIC and a good thunderstorm really does make me feel energised and alive - not just plain angry like I feel things are going to get in the next few days. The forecast shows very little rain expected for this area and the 'risk' of thunder is low. This looks like our only chance now and I dread to think how bad it will get if this is yet another 'bust'. Why can't Guildford have a pleasant surprise for once and that the above forecast which is bound to verify, not come true for a change - perhaps even Lincolnshire go without and have a 'bust' just this once would be good!

We suffered a major let-down in June - I am NOT ready for yet another and after all these other dreadful 'summers' in recent years.

Be prepared for a much bigger moan post tomorrow night! Especially as 23rd July has delivered good storms in the past, notably 1983 in Guildford (reports of all nighter and 46 mm rain in 3 hours), 1984 (35 mm and 12 mm hail at Fleet) and 1996 (heavy thundery shower with 12 mm hail at Guildford). Can 2013 join the 23rd July satisfaction list?

ps. Midnight 23rd July 1983 30 years ago right now! Close G-C near garden when camping out. Thunder was explosive and 'repeated' as the sound wave passed between houses in the street.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Quiet in here....not surprising as virtually the whole of the country is under storms....except here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

This is embarrassing - how am I still in the NSC? I'm in mid-Norfolk for heaven's sake! It's shameful, that's what it is Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

This is my home forever. I am not going to count what we just had as a storm - thunder so quiet you actually needed to listen for it intensively to hear it, and lightning that was not visible at all.

And, to make matters worse, that band has reintensified to the north of here.

Edited by cheese

Posted

I have no idea how the majority of wales escaped those massive storms england seemed to have had. What a massive let down to end of the heatwave. Personally I would rather keep the warm its been lovely. If this is how it ends thats tragic.

Another fail here. The long wait for a summer thunderstorm continues. Only some distance flashes and faint rumbles.

Posted Image

Why does everything have to drift east every time?? Storms miss us by just a few miles again. Ah well.

Posted

Can i get a permanent seat in here? Really cant remember the last time i saw a proper Thunderstorm here, if ever tbh.