Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club (NSC) 2014 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

hahahaha..........this made me laugh! Yeah come up to Ellesmere Port for some "interesting" cloud, drizzle, and, if you are very unlucky like we seem to have been for about 7 years...foul smelling Easterlies that carry nothing but sulphurous pollution from the Essar Refinery just down the road....

That be Stanlow then yeah? lol .I'm staying in the Mercure hotel in Ellesmere Port for a few nights as a base for visiting Anfield, Trafford Centre, Knowsley Safari Park, Blue Planet Aquarium and Chester Zoo. Was somehow hoping for a different "climate" up that way, even if its only a couple of hundred miles north of me.Can't be any worse than my storm starved location now! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

That be Stanlow then yeah? lol .

I'm staying in the Mercure hotel in Ellesmere Port for a few nights as a base for visiting Anfield, Trafford Centre, Knowsley Safari Park, Blue Planet Aquarium and Chester Zoo.

Was somehow hoping for a different "climate" up that way, even if its only a couple of hundred miles north of me.

Can't be any worse than my storm starved location now! Posted Image

Trust me, it's as bad if not worse...we do have our own little micro-climate up here...it mainly consists of featureless cloud and not much else! Oh, and because we are on a flight path for high level (mainly transatlantic) overflights....on the rare occassion we do get a clear sky, by about 10am it's clouded over and ruined by contrails!! lol. Last decent overhead storm here is getting on for 8 years ago now. Have fun up here though, Chester Zoo is excellent by the way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Trust me, it's as bad if not worse...we do have our own little micro-climate up here...it mainly consists of featureless cloud and not much else! Oh, and because we are on a flight path for high level (mainly transatlantic) overflights....on the rare occassion we do get a clear sky, by about 10am it's clouded over and ruined by contrails!! lol. Last decent overhead storm here is getting on for 8 years ago now. Have fun up here though, Chester Zoo is excellent by the way!

That be Stanlow then yeah? lol .

I'm staying in the Mercure hotel in Ellesmere Port for a few nights as a base for visiting Anfield, Trafford Centre, Knowsley Safari Park, Blue Planet Aquarium and Chester Zoo.

Was somehow hoping for a different "climate" up that way, even if its only a couple of hundred miles north of me.

Can't be any worse than my storm starved location now! Posted Image

In fact, have a look at both of our home locations on a map. Although you are further south, there are actually some telling similarities between the two. Similar Longitude, west coast, even the estuaries etc...I noticed it last year. Our weather is probably very very similar to each others. Including the lack of storms!

Posted

No storms here in YEARS now, to think this time last year as close as Lilleshall got smashed by those vicious storms but Telford had 2 rumbles of thunder and nothing.

No overhead storms since late July 2008 now, there was a brief weaker one on 16th? April 2009 but only one flash of lightning so i'm disregarding that one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I see what you mean. Pretty much the same as down here now;post-12721-0-38744500-1372439710_thumb.jOh well, least the animals should be more active in cooler air! ;)

Posted

No storms here in YEARS now, to think this time last year as close as Lilleshall got smashed by those vicious storms but Telford had 2 rumbles of thunder and nothing.

No overhead storms since late July 2008 now, there was a brief weaker one on 16th? April 2009 but only one flash of lightning so i'm disregarding that one.

Not August 20-21st 2011? That was the last overhead storm here, it was in the middle of the night, around 12-1am. There was another on May 9th 2011, but they are the only two since 2009.

Posted

Nah that one fizzled out and stayed north west of here, can't remember anything May 9th, 2007 & 2008 were both brilliant storm wise here, especially the funnel cloud event on June 19th 07.

• Like 1

Posted

One distant flash of lightning in late April and that has been it thus far for Solihull. But going back to one year ago yesterday at around 10:20am, it all kicked off until about 12:30pm.

post-8209-0-79212900-1372512212_thumb.jp

Hasn't even come close since. Maybe the predicted hot spell in early July may produce something? The beer glass is still half full, not half empty metaphorically speaking where my optimism is concerned.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Last decent storm at Guildford was 7th July 2009, with 29.5 mm rain and several hours of thunderstorm activity in a cool W.N.W.ly trough set-up.

Most events since have been single 'claps' to about 3~4 rumbles but no more.

Thunder only heard on 4 days in 2010, 6 days in 2011 but a better 12 days in 2012, including 2 decent rumbles on Christmas day. The annual mean for Guildford is 16 days. So far in 2013, there have been 4 days and these were all single rumbles and the last 2 dates were barely audible.

Thursday 18th April / Saturday 11th May / Thursday 23rd May / Friday 7th June.

The last occasion with more than one rumble was Christmas day last year (2 rumbles) and last occasion with over 10 rumbles was Saturday 25th August last year - but no precipitation fell locally as shower moved to north of Guildford, clobbering Woking area.

The last successful 'home grown' event affecting Guildford was in August 2004! and although there was a plume event on 19th August last year, this missed Guildford affecting areas to the east, the last successful plume event was therefore 16th July 2009. Indeed, the last decent month with a 'reasonable' level of thundery activity was July 2009 (7th, 16th and 24th - all with multiple discharges and lasted more than 1 hour).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Some music whilst we wait?

• Like 1

Posted

Hard to believe were fast approaching 5 years (28th July 2008) since the last proper overhead storm here in Telford, the weaklings of 15th Apr 09, 24th? Sept 10 and other one distant flash, two rumbles of thunder events since don't count, when will the storm drought end?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

well still no storms here so far either, quite suprised really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

You know this year's been quiet when you've hardly seen any posts saying "great...yet another damp squib' Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Should have gone to Benidorm Posted Image

post-10773-0-15684200-1373616281_thumb.j

Old school friend of mine who lives there just posted this on Facebook, she said it was very loud and a bit scary !!

• Like 4

Posted

well we have got the heat now , so there should be storms for all at some point.  right? then again....

what a naff year, even 30c temps are not going to deliver, would not be surprised when this hot spell ends it just slowly cools from the north , but with just isolated storms in you know where, begins with L

things are just not like they used to be

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

what a stained glass windowin let down today. The storms started Cumbria way slowly headed south, saw Leeds stuck is fingers up and started up towards south yorks.

Posted

what a telephone boxin let down today. The storms started Cumbria way slowly headed south, saw Leeds stuck is fingers up and started up towards south yorks.

I will tell you WHY that happened, becuase I was in the Leeds area at the time, my wigan storm shield followed me

I am so sorry,

Edited by IanR

Posted

IanR you should be ashamed lol. The chances for the rest of the week seem to have gone as well

Posted

Storms are forecast next week. IN THE SOUTH.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted

things might change a little hopefully , in the past heatwaves  this epic have always given something here , even if just a distant lightning display or  a few rumbles , or somtimes a corker overhead (not that often)

but we seem to live in different times now so would not be surprised if it all fails Posted Image