Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club (NSC) 2014 Onwards

Posted

<stands up>

Hello everybody. My name is AderynCoch and I have seen no storms so far in 2013*.

<sits down to sympathetic applause>

*except in Australia

• Like 3

Posted

I'd love to come over all optimistic here and say we'll all get at least one stonking overhead storm this year but the following is far more likely :

* June comes to an end - the hardcore NSC members are still waiting - having endured at least one episode of having to watch the storms track east. Meanwhile someone from an area which has already experienced storms will come in here and pronounce something along the lines "Your turn will come...there's still two months of summer"

* July comes and goes.....another disappointment...one half-arsed plume event which only really affects the eastern side of the UK...the rest of the country sees moderate rain. NSC members are now chewing their cheeks in frustration, this not helped by FI charts which show storm armagheddon at 144 hours then disappear again...in addition, a member from the east comes in and proclaims "Your turn will come...we've still got August"

*August....a decent hot spell this month, with increasing humidity which becomes almost intolerable but only in southern and eastern England thanks to yet another ridiculous NW-SE split setting up in the exact same location it has for the past three summers. Things surely must go bang...and indeed they do...in the east. Places like Lincolnshire, Tyne and Wear and the South East of England in general get a pyrotechnic show bordering on the spectacular resulting in mega crowing. The rest of us see heavy rain that is described by the MO as thundery but which in actuality fails to produce so much as a single rumble. The month end in a cool and unsettled manner.....Someone will come in the thread, someone who's probably witnessed at least 20 storms over the summer months, and will have the gall to have a go at us for moaning.

Jeez I hope this is wrong.

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I'd love to come over all optimistic here and say we'll all get at least one stonking overhead storm this year but the following is far more likely :

* June comes to an end - the hardcore NSC members are still waiting - having endured at least one episode of having to watch the storms track east. Meanwhile someone from an area which has already experienced storms will come in here and pronounce something along the lines "Your turn will come...there's still two months of summer"

* July comes and goes.....another disappointment...one half-arsed plume event which only really affects the eastern side of the UK...the rest of the country sees moderate rain. NSC members are now chewing their cheeks in frustration, this not helped by FI charts which show storm armagheddon at 144 hours then disappear again...in addition, a member from the east comes in and proclaims "Your turn will come...we've still got August"

*August....a decent hot spell this month, with increasing humidity which becomes almost intolerable. Things surely must go bang...and indeed they do...in the east. Places like Lincolnshire, Tyne and Wear and the South East of England in general get a pyrotechnic show bordering on the spectacular resulting in mega crowing. The rest of us see heavy rain that is described by the MO as thundery but which in actuality fails to produce so much as a single rumble. The month end in a cool and unsettled manner.....Someone will come in the thread, someone who's probably witnessed at least 20 storms over the summer months, and will have the gall to have a go at us for moaning.

Jeez I hope this is wrong.

Lol Carl, so true... but.... I really think it's probably to do with the long extended winter this year.Plenty more of summer to come yet Posted Image

Posted

Stolen everyone's thunder - so to speak- Carl. If it pans out any differently for us I'll be surprised (& delighted!).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

heard a rumble of thunder at around 3.30pm today, 3 miles to the NW of here, was indoors as well so a fairly loud rumble

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Guys I think we're going to have to set up a charity. We've been in here so long we've run out of tea and biscuits and moved on to the emergency supermarkets own bog standard plain digestives.

So please everyone, find it in your hearts to donate to the storm (and biscuit) starved members of the NSC. Without your generosity we may not make it to July *sniffs and looks forlorn down the camera*

• Like 1

Posted

Guys I think we're going to have to set up a charity. We've been in here so long we've run out of tea and biscuits and moved on to the emergency supermarkets own bog standard plain digestives.So please everyone, find it in your hearts to donate to the storm (and biscuit) starved members of the NSC. Without your generosity we may not make it to July *sniffs and looks forlorn down the camera*

I have contacts who can help.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Same. Year seven, or is it eight? I can't recall now. Almost long enough to stop caring, but not quite.

For a half decent overhead storm (ie not a distant clap of thunder about ten miles away)....i think it's coming up for 8 years for us but tbh I gave up counting long ago....still at least Lincolnshire are getting their usual quota....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I have contacts who can help.....

why am I laughing? Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Mother nature is looking down on us and peeing her pants laughing. Evil woman she is

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I'm heading to Ellesmere Port, Cheshire in a couple of weeks for a few days, visiting various attractions around the Merseyside area.

Hoping I might catch something interesting weather wise up there as it's been rather benign in Bristol to say the least lately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I'm sure summats brewing here in Ippy. The clouds are really black and low and a strong breeze has sprung up. Eerie! :O

Sorry.....wrong forum. Thought it was regional. :O

Edited by Keraunophile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Got my road trip through Europe mid July for 2-3 weeks - driving through Belgium, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, stopping at Krakow in Poland, then coming back a slightly different route.

So heads up - maybe something big will happen storm wise for the UK around then, because they always avoid me like the plague... :p

• Like 1

Posted

I'm heading to Ellesmere Port, Cheshire in a couple of weeks for a few days, visiting various attractions around the Merseyside area.

Hoping I might catch something interesting weather wise up there as it's been rather benign in Bristol to say the least lately.

You will be lucky mate, its one of the worst areas for thundersorms , just like here you will have more chance of platting sawdust thesedaysPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

*sigh*

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Well, I feel like an honorary member at the moment because while I had three distant rumbles of thunder at the back end of April from that showery northerly, I've had nothing at all during May and June (pretty unusual for inland North Yorkshire) and the only potent convection that I can remember was on the afternoon of the 23rd June.

Posted

All i seem to get here is the odd rumble and a few flashes, the last major storm was probably back in 2009/10.

Even last year on June 28th we only had a few loud rumbles and a few strikes.

Ah well, just gotta hope that July and August bring something interesting! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

I'm heading to Ellesmere Port, Cheshire in a couple of weeks for a few days, visiting various attractions around the Merseyside area.Hoping I might catch something interesting weather wise up there as it's been rather benign in Bristol to say the least lately.

hahahaha..........this made me laugh! Yeah come up to Ellesmere Port for some "interesting" cloud, drizzle, and, if you are very unlucky like we seem to have been for about 7 years...foul smelling Easterlies that carry nothing but sulphurous pollution from the Essar Refinery just down the road....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

hahahaha..........this made me laugh! Yeah come up to Ellesmere Port for some "interesting" cloud, drizzle, and, if you are very unlucky like we seem to have been for about 7 years...foul smelling Easterlies that carry nothing but sulphurous pollution from the Essar Refinery just down the road....

This is why I tend to avoid trips to Cheshire Oaks when the wind is an easterly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

somewhere worth visiting for the storm starved....

post-10773-0-57750900-1372369371_thumb.j

• Like 1