Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club (NSC) 2014 Onwards

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Out! Nice little storm midday at work loud thunder torrential rain not able to see lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Arrrggghhh why does everything look so promising then within 20 mins it all falls apart I think Shropshire has to be class as one of the worst places to live for seeing storms!!!

Posted

decent overhead storm whlist in St Helens, saw multiple fork lightning strikes and booming thunder, watched a second cell to the south with more vivid lightning move toward manchester, very good day

not sure if wigan got anything overhead, suspect not

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

was in wasdale today which is about 15 miles south of egremont for the first time in years and guess what? i heard 2 cracks of thunder and 1 flash and the rain was the heaviest id ever seen, i get back to Egremont and bone dry. ah well what can you do

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Very intense rain last night, from about 10pm to 2am, flash floods and landslides in west cumbria, very rare that we get rainfall that intense it actually causes the roads to turn into rivers so it affected higher ground aswell not just low ground near the river, i heard a couple of rumbles and flashes (first flash i've seen in egremont this year!) but not great in that aspect.

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Nothing here all year.. first year without a storm I can remember for a long time. I just always assumed one would occur at some point, but not this year.

Edited by Aaron

We've had more thunder here than recent years but it seems to have been a year of near misses and occassional rumbles with the odd flash. Not had a proper storm since last May when there were some beasts, which broke a several year storm drought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Where's the no night storms club? nnsc..

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Anyone out of the October no storms club yet..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Nope. Given up until next season now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Still stuck in this establishment from Dec 2010. Plenty of close calls, but yet to see a flash or hear a rumble since the Thundersnow of Winter 2010.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Still here and it sucks!! Most of the UK have seen a storm at some point this year but not me, telford seems to be a void for storms, one minute they are heading straight on for you on the radar and you think yes party time next minute they have gone east or west and your banging you head off the computer table lol!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Not sure if anyone has come across this before, just discovered it. Seems to be helping to ease my thunder withdrawal symptoms. May be also useful if this high pressure sticks around and anyone starts to miss the sound of rain!

http://www.rainymood.com/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Theres loads of apps you can download if you want to hear thunderstorms and rain, some really good white noise apps as well.

This may come in handy in a few months time for those storm starved members on Netweather, so they don't feel all left out - So, I've merged it with the No Storms Club thread Posted Image

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

This thread reminds me of Spring coming, as much as anything!Posted Image

Posted

Blimey! 6 months since my last log in. Posted Image I haven't died but the storm activity did after 25th August 2012 for my area.

6 months later... Bit of snow, cold. Becoming a little bored of it now so roll on Spring when the storm action begins.* Posted Image

* (Well one can but hope!)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

Looking forward to storm season, there were rumours of thundersnow in Manchester/Cheshire in January but I heard diddly Posted Image .

Edited by Chris W

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Looking forward to storm season, there were rumours of thundersnow in Manchester/Cheshire in January but I heard diddly Posted Image .

Stockport 04th Feb, evening,