Sign in to follow this  
M'Lady

In Memoriam

56 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Sad news ..remember seeing the prodigy and the shamen on the same gig at our poly before they made it into the charts etc.

Just heard.

47 minutes ago, Selliso said:

Luke Perry, star of Beverly Hills 90210 dies following a stroke at the age of 52

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47448666

Sad news, way too young. I see there is going to be a reboot of beverly hills 90210 with quite a few original cast members returning, apparently luke was going to be in as many episodes as he could do. 

One from my wrestling days as a youth   King Kong Bundy dies  aged 61

19 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Jan Michael Vincent has died aged 74. 

RIP Stringfellow Hawk

God I can tell I'm getting old when some of the biggest stars from 80s TV shows & movies that I loved as a kid are passing away. 

Rip String fellow Hawke, I bet you & Dominic (aka Ernest Borgnine) are having a blast up there. 

Edited by Smartie

1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Former Sky Sports News reporter Fraser Robertson has passed away from natural causes age of 47

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11671213/fraser-robertson-former-sky-sports-news-reporter-dies-aged-47

sad news..but how do you die of natural causes at 47??

3 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

sad news..but how do you die of natural causes at 47??

Just come back from an unspecified major illness according to David Tanner

12 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

yes  however Stings instagram  thingy or whatever you call it is a little of beam.  Stating the mid 70s was one of the most influential periods everyone uniting against Thatchers britain.  I  didnt think she got into power till 79?. 

8 minutes ago, weirpig said:

yes  however Stings instagram  thingy or whatever you call it is a little of beam.  Stating the mid 70s was one of the most influential periods everyone uniting against Thatchers britain.  I  didnt think she got into power till 79?. 

she didnt... it was 79 when she came to power.

the beat memorably sang 'stand down margaret'...

John Quarmby who was best known for playing the health inspector, Mr Carnegie in Basil the Rat has died at the age of 89

Here's one that one or two of us might remember. Ian Cognito, the outrageous comedian - he prided himself on his material being unbroadcastable, and anyone that saw him live at a smoky comedy club could never forget him: https://www-independent-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/ian-cognito-death-stand-up-comedian-died-on-stage-performance-obituary-a8872131.html

3 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Lieutenant Colonel Dick Cole, the last surviving member of the Doolittle Raiders, died aged 103

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2019/04/18/a-last-salute-to-a-raider-air-force-bids-farewell-to-lt-col-dick-cole/

Very significant raid, not for the material damage caused, but certainly for the psychological aspect. I t made the  Japanese realise that they were vulnerable. 

Edward Kelsey, who played Joe Grundy in The Archers for over 30 years has died aged 88.

Edited by davehsug