Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Meto Uk Further Outlook

Stuart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Blimey! With all the effort that's being wasted on ironic interpretation (and re-interpretation) of one MetO update, one could be forgiven for believing it was penned by William Shakespeare?:santa-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted

not a good update for us in the South,any snow would be short lived if the milder air breaks through at times like they suggest ,still too far out to be certain of the outcome as that climatologist on their you tube channel was keen to point out yesterday.

Posted
6 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

not a good update for us in the South,any snow would be short lived if the milder air breaks through at times like they suggest ,still too far out to be certain of the outcome as that climatologist on their you tube channel was keen to point out yesterday.

You'll be fine... if you live north of the M4 

Edited by coldie

Posted
5 minutes ago, coldie said:

Stand in the corner for 2 hours, followed by 1000 lines of "I will not mention North of the M4 ever again".

• Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Blimey! With all the effort that's being wasted on ironic interpretation (and re-interpretation) of one MetO update, one could be forgiven for believing it was penned by William Shakespeare?

‘The snoweth is coming and thee cannot standeth it, shalt cometh from all angles and blesseth all’

• Like 1

Posted

One  Thing that im unsure about and its mentioned a few times by the Met etc.  is what is classed as the South, North   i mean when talking about England its simple but when the met talk about the UK weather were is the dividing line. I asked Liam Dutton once and he gave me a rather belittling response   without answering the question. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, coldie said:

or  you could add as happened last march your be fine if your house is  50 miles west OR  live north of M4 

How the M4 seems to become the dividing line,well it’s beyond a joke if you ask me.

Edited by SLEETY

Posted
2 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

or as happened last march your be fine if your house was 50 miles west

March delivered for me twice so I can't complain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
19 minutes ago, coldie said:

March delivered for me twice so I can't complain.

Ditto

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, coldie said:

20 miles south for me   All to play for.....

Edited by Don

Posted

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but the BBC Monthly Outlook (updated today) doesn't exactly get the pulses racing:

Monday 21 January—Sunday 3 February
There continue to be increasing chances of some cold, wintry weather through late January and into the start of February... Most likely are for conditions to become generally colder from the north but also somewhat drier and less windy. There is the elevated chance of occasional snow, though, initially for the north of the UK before this risk extends to southern areas too.The main uncertainty is over the duration of the expected colder spell of weather - there are chances that occasionally milder, wetter and breezier conditions could spread from the west at times. Overall, though, conditions are expected to be colder than recently.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Sounds in-line with the Meto, Just worded differently..

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Thinon said:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet, but the BBC Monthly Outlook (updated today) doesn't exactly get the pulses racing:

There continue to be increasing chances of some cold, wintry weather through late January and into the start of February... Most likely are for conditions to become generally colder from the north but also somewhat drier and less windy. There is the elevated chance of occasional snow, though, initially for the north of the UK before this risk extends to southern areas too.The main uncertainty is over the duration of the expected colder spell of weather - there are chances that occasionally milder, wetter and breezier conditions could spread from the west at times. Overall, though, conditions are expected to be colder than recently.

Doesn’t look bad to me.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Ditto

It just goes to show that being south of the M4 doesn't always matter as long as the conditions are right, the only times when it does is when we get a slider or battleground event. @Don Did you get much snow last March? 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Thinon said:

God, that's dire...It's so dire that I've already starting knotting bed-sheets together, in readiness! Do you want jam on it?

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, coldie said:

It just goes to show that being south of the M4 doesn't always matter as long as the conditions are right, the only times when it does is when we get a slider or battleground event. @Don Did you get much snow last March? 

Yes, I got a fair amount and much more than in March 2013.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
14 minutes ago, Thinon said:

I much prefer the wording in that.. at least they go  into a bit more detail. Plus we have "chances that occasionally milder, wetter and breezier conditions could spread from the west" rather than probably and especially in the south as per the MetO extended!

BANK! 

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
19 minutes ago, Thinon said:

the next update will be for cold in late feb early smarch

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

the next update will be for cold in late feb early smarch

In like slion and out like slamb?

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

I much prefer the wording in that.. at least they go  into a bit more detail. Plus we have "chances that occasionally milder, wetter and breezier conditions could spread from the west" rather than probably and especially in the south as per the MetO extended!

BANK! 

To get excited about a slightly re-worded text cast - I think that's clutching at straws a wee bit! 

They were completely wrong about the previous December and January periods so my faith in this forecast is.. zilch... The weather will do what it wants, when it wants! But not for another 10 days at least :olddoh: 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Matty88 said:

To get excited about a slightly re-worded text cast - I think that's clutching at straws a wee bit! 

They were completely wrong about the previous December and January periods so my faith in this forecast is.. zilch... The weather will do what it wants, when it wants! But not for another 10 days at least :olddoh: 

i agree their updates mean nowt to me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
50 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

They were completely wrong about the previous December and January periods so my faith in this forecast is.. zilch... The weather will do what it wants, when it wants! But not for another 10 days at least  

Don’t think he’s getting excited purely at that. Certainly not clutching at straws considering what’s potentially on offer. 

Posted

Radar shows odd scattered light snow showers creeping further southwest - St Albans, Luton, Dorking, Guildford, Winchester - so getting south of the M4. All pretty brief stuff and it's more like freezing drizzle but some of you might see a little snow if you just step outside!

Posted

Can’t believe people are being downbeat about the most wintry BBC and Met Office extended outlooks that we’re likely to see.

• Like 3