Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

21mm of rain yesterday, 117mm for January.

Currently 7.7°C and sunny.

Supposed to be in your area tomorrow, Some work on River Piddle, But will depend on river flow,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Supposed to be in your area tomorrow, Some work on River Piddle, But will depend on river flow,

What sort of work do you do? I have a request for Wareham Quay to be dredged if it involves anything like that? lol :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

It's not often that a long cold spell that is plagued with cloud is replaced by mildness AND sun at the same time!

Posted

What sort of work do you do? I have a request for Wareham Quay to be dredged if it involves anything like that? lol blum.gif

Monitoring river beats, Brown trout conservation, Wareham got some nice Roach stocks from Quay to just past Bridge, They will be in Spawn early spring, Have not heard about any dredging plans there at moment, Picture Roach caught from that stretch

post-18298-0-56922100-1359203550_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Monitoring river beats, Brown trout conservation, Wareham got some nice Roach stocks from Quay to just past Bridge, They will be in Spawn early spring, Have not heard about any dredging plans there at moment, Picture Roach caught from that stretch

Nice fish!

Did you see the huge Carp that were being caught on the Quay back in August? Flooding in lakes upstream meant all the Carp made it down to here, it made national news and people were coming down from all over the country to catch these 20lb+ fish, it was quite a sight!

Posted

I see the Met office lrf has changed again, trending back to a more colder outlook, Does anyone know what has changed, I thought the forecast was moving away from a colder Feb.

There are similar rumblings in the Model Discussion thread, of a colder outlook again! Yum yum!

It's cloudy here now and just a little snow is left, under hedges and on sunless shed roofs.

A joyous moment for me is that the thaw has revealed that my daffodils have come up........only about an inch, but they are there! I planted them in November (in my new garden) and that is the first progress I have seen. Everything else I planted has been dormant, but my lovely daffodils have grown under all that snow. cray.gif

biggrin.png

PS Looking absolutely horrendous for the next 4 days, wih torrential rain. We haven't dried out from last year yet, the ground is still saturated and local fields are still flooded.

Edited by noggin

Posted

Nice fish!

Did you see the huge Carp that were being caught on the Quay back in August? Flooding in lakes upstream meant all the Carp made it down to here, it made national news and people were coming down from all over the country to catch these 20lb+ fish, it was quite a sight!

Yes good size carp,,,,Must be honest, wish they keep quiet about the stretch, Lovely area and rare for some free fishing, Getting the balance right for the river enviroment and pleasing the anglers and pleasure boat users very difficult. seen couple reports of some very nice chub below bridge, Edited by cerneman

I spat out my tea when I saw the ECM had a 923mb low not too far away from us. It looks like it will be very wet for us in the next few days, so stay safe all!

Most of the snow and ice is gone, and temps are at around 4C. Very big difference in the feel of things. Around 40mms so far this month, but that looks likely to change in the coming days.

Posted

I spat out my tea when I saw the ECM had a 923mb low not too far away from us. It looks like it will be very wet for us in the next few days, so stay safe all!

Most of the snow and ice is gone, and temps are at around 4C. Very big difference in the feel of things. Around 40mms so far this month, but that looks likely to change in the coming days.

Yes totally different feel to weather today, Was nice see sun for few hours,,,,,Rain on way for later, No wonder British talk about the weather, By time finished conversation, weather already changed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

7.4ºC SSW Wind 7mph. Cloudy and begining to go grey...fast forward please to 9th of Feb for next bout of cold weather......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

7.4ºC SSW Wind 7mph. Cloudy and begining to go grey...fast forward please to 9th of Feb for next bout of cold weather......

If not before. smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

If not before. smile.png

Think the 9th of Feb will be about right, give or take a day or two.

Some rather sexy anomaly guidance beginning to emerge if you know where to look! :p :p

Long way off yet anyway. The Atlantic looks to rule the roost for the foreseeable.

Edited by AWD

Posted

It's been a glorious day until the last hour when high and now medium level cloud have moved in ahead of the next LOW, that

coupled with a strong SSW wind is making it feel cold again. Currently 6.0c after 6.2c max which was the highest for several

weeks. A few small snow patches remaining in the garden and plenty on the higher ground - for the time being!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Just hope the regular winter snowfalls aren't accompanied by sodding Atlantic low-dominated summers as well. Love proper winters, but we've got to have the proper summers to go with them. I've finally given in and bought myself a sad lamp because it was on offer in Maplins...

Daffodil spikes seen today, and yellow crocuses in full bloom. Felt decidedly Spring-like and very pleasant. So soggy underfoot everywhere, though.

Posted

What's this 15hours into the thread and we are at TWO yes TWO pages, my how the weather has changed (back to normality I might add).

The rain has just arrived for tonight, looking quite incessant for a few hours, after yesterday's 10mm more to top up the already sodden ground, that didn't seem to freeze(at least not here)

Posted

Cerneman commented:

No wonder British talk about the weather, By time finished conversation, weather already changed

My god that must be one helluva conversation given the last 2 weeks then!

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

My god that must be one helluva conversation given the last 2 weeks then!

I talk very slowly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Rain certainly hammering it down now ,with a few more hours of it to come .a very very wet week to come with some nasty gales and the possibility of flooding issues for many .looking further ahead and we could see a much colder westerly set up towards next weekend and a possibility of colder conditions setting in again after that .but as always the modells need a few more runs yet and need to all come in line .well i must say i was pleased with past weeks snow but if temp had been one to 1.5 colder i would have seen much much more .plenty of time left yet so heres to a little more of the white magical stuff .drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A quick post as I'm just about to go out but it does seem Gibby's latest analysis copied below from the MOD thread, rather follow my thoughts on the coming week and into next weekend and beyond. smile.png

http://forum.netweat...80#entry2574974

And below are my thoughts on the oncoming trend from the other day, so not a lot has changed with attention drawn to the last two sentences.

http://forum.netweat...40#entry2569597

And my prior thoughts from the 23rd January.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75712-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-discussion-220113-23z/page__st__360#entry2565388

Here's to a cooler trend once again as we enter February. drinks.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Rain well and truly back and temperature rising now 7.9c with 7.8c dew point humidity 99% wind WNW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

The common has turned into a slushy mess, although the drifts are still 4 foot deep in big swathes. It will be really interesting to see how long they last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Rain well and truly back and temperature rising now 7.9c with 7.8c dew point humidity 99% wind WNW.

LOL at the 7.8c dewpoint. As I don't have a weather station the only time I ever watch for dewpoints is when snow is about, so seeing a figure that high is quite funny.

Edited by chris55

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

Nice model runs this evening from all the big three of the return of more seasonal/Cold in time. i smell another ride to glory smile.png.

I was a little downbeat when this Cold spell ended but after tonight's runs and experts views, Cheered me up a little. smile.png

"Nottingham Forest losing 3-0 today didn't" ;P

Edited by Dave Kightley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Just had a short but torrential downpour of rain, rain drops were huge, now if that was snow the flakes would have been the size of golf balls!! but of course we never had precipitation that heavy during the recent cold spell!