Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the South West and central Southern England...

Link to the previous one here:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Ah first post of the day.. . Snow has definitely gone with last nights rain here in Newbury.. Looks to be a dark cloudy damp morning...:(

Near me recordings are

Temp around 3deg. Dp 2deg. Not raining at mo but 18mm daily ppn....

Not raining currently but I see that main big beast of a band has passed and is well out east into the North Sea ... However wont be long I suspect before it starts.. Just when I pick up my new and first commuting bike.. How exciting! I have never had a new bike .. Only second hand or skip rescued beasts! So I will be testing it in the rain! ;( ..... Boo

edit... Wow just after I posted the above my MetOffice forecast has told me We will now have sunshine today .., amazing .. How nice will it be to the see the sun..:)

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted

edit... Wow just after I posted the above my MetOffice forecast has told me We will now have sunshine today .., amazing .. How nice will it be to the see the sun..smile.png

The sunshine will be great!

I' m not so happy about the bouts of heavy rain forecast for Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed. These could cause problems given the already soggy ground conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Snow still clinging on for dear life on the grass, pretty impressed with it really!! I am sure the warm temps today will sort that!! Although not warm at the moment, its only 0.6c outside now.

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

The sunshine will be great!

I' m not so happy about the bouts of heavy rain forecast for Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed. These could cause problems given the already soggy ground conditions.

Agree Kiwi.. I posted earlier this week about the melting snow and current water levels.. Seem like catchment are already at capacity and then with the melt and heavy rain again means problems and misery I fear for not just some but many

They are about to give a detailed weather update on bbc breakfast.. But one good request Wiltshire fire brigade asked was just check the gullies outside your house on the road. Clear the debris if you see some.. Local authorities can't keep up with it all all the time.. It's those flipping crisp packets that are the worse..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Looking rather wet;

post-12721-0-21128800-1359192447_thumb.j

Windy;

post-12721-0-97386100-1359192463_thumb.jpost-12721-0-52921300-1359192472_thumb.j

And decidedly cool tomorrow morning;

post-12721-0-14110600-1359192499_thumb.j

Think its a lie in for me then.

Posted

Definitely going to be windy and very gusty Monday!

PPVJ89.png

66_45.gif

66_21.gif

post-6667-0-63597900-1359191750_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-37355500-1359191797_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-60091900-1359191758_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-76238300-1359191754_thumb.pn

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Sunny fresh morning with blue sky and sun, 7.5c,,,,,,,Ribbons of snow along hedges of fields, River is high but not too bad at moment, Expecting situation will change with more rain later,,,,,,,,,,,,

Posted

Morning :) sun(!!!!!!) here, which makes a nice change. Some snow still putting up a fight, with very tiny patches just about hanging on... Will undoubtedly have disappeared by later though!

There are some questions being asked why there wasn't a red warning issued for parts of NW England last night, this is 2 pictures from last night:

post-18937-0-42557600-1359195760_thumb.j

post-18937-0-38777600-1359195928_thumb.j

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Still got 2 inches of snow covering most my garden and a frost this morning. Went for a walk up round Coaley Peak viewpoint last night (its high up and wind exposed ) after the rain (and lightning!) - found some impressive 5 feet snow drifts, and still 12 inches of lying snow even after the rain. Amount of water flowing down some of the roads was startling. Interesting week to come, even if not cold...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

I see the Met office lrf has changed again, trending back to a more colder outlook, Does anyone know what has changed, I thought the forecast was moving away from a colder Feb.

Posted

Still got 2 inches of snow covering most my garden and a frost this morning. Went for a walk up round Coaley Peak viewpoint last night (its high up and wind exposed ) after the rain (and lightning!) - found some impressive 5 feet snow drifts, and still 12 inches of lying snow even after the rain. Amount of water flowing down some of the roads was startling. Interesting week to come, even if not cold...

One thing we can say is Weather been interesting for long time now, Can see we are going to have lots more interest before winter is over,, Weather for long time been dominating News headlines,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

I see the Met office lrf has changed again, trending back to a more colder outlook, Does anyone know what has changed, I thought the forecast was moving away from a colder Feb.

Interesting update, EC 32 dayer (plus MOGREPS UK-GM) must be leaning back towards a Greenland/Iceland high,

UK Outlook for Saturday 9 Feb 2013 to Saturday 23 Feb 2013:

There are large uncertainties at this forecast range, however indications are that colder than average conditions will become more likely across all parts of the UK. Northwestern parts of the UK may well see drier than average conditions on the whole. Southern and eastern parts of the UK could see average or even greater than average amounts of precipitation.

Issued at: 0400 Sat

Drier in the north west, colder than average, wetter in the south, that says southerly jet stream with southerly tracking Low pressure systems to me, higher pressure to the north. Interesting update for sure.

Edited by chris55

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

One thing we can say is Weather been interesting for long time now, Can see we are going to have lots more interest before winter is over,, Weather for long time been dominating News headlines,

Yeah how chaotic is it? I've heard people moaning its a crap winter, sure not everyone has had snow, but a lot of people have and substantial amounts. Way better than its been throughout the late nineties up to a few years ago. I was sat in my mates truck high up in the Cotswolds last night with very heavy rain falling on a foot of snow, with lightning flashing. Dartmoor had a thunderstorm a few days ago, and we've got a deep deep low coming this week with further heavy rain and poss strong winds, and then hints of a long cold feb. None of that's crap in my book, even if feb doesn't come off

Edited by SilverWolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Still got a bit of snow in the garden, with a frost this morning. I am sure it will be a while before all the drifts are totally gone though.

Was an epic snowy spell for our location, in terms of snowfall I'd say it was the best I have seen, not as cold as December 2010 but much snowier, coupled with all the different types of snow, blizzards and drifting I'd give it a 10 out of 10 in terms of snowfall (especially above 150m)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

In taunton this weekend. Sunny and much milder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Another easy snow day recorded with 8 inches on grass and 4 on pavements.

steadily thawing though. 4.1c

Posted

Still got a bit of snow in the garden, with a frost this morning. I am sure it will be a while before all the drifts are totally gone though.

Was an epic snowy spell for our location, in terms of snowfall I'd say it was the best I have seen, not as cold as December 2010 but much snowier, coupled with all the different types of snow, blizzards and drifting I'd give it a 10 out of 10 in terms of snowfall (especially above 150m)

Unusual seems to becoming the usual with weather, Thunderstorms over Christmas with massive Hail, School roof set on fire by lightening, Of course the floods, then snow that was heavy even for my location not too far from coast, All happened before but just seems more condensed with one thing after another,,,,For people who interested in how weather affects enviroment, These are interesting times, Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Hazy sun and reasonably calm out today which is good as I've just waved off my husband and 2 youngest children who are going to a hockey match where my husband shall be participating dressed as a tiger, like you do. They were worried earlier in the week about a frozen snowy pitch. Temp 4.6c and hopefully will feel warmer when I go out with the dogs in a mo.

Posted

Good morning all.

Hazy sunshine this morning with only a few bits of snow left, mainly on the grass and cars, and milder today :).

temp 6.9°C

rh 86%

dp 5°C

pressure 1010.5hpa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Definetly feel the difference in temperature today. Helped by the fact the big yellow thing is making an appearance.