Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

It's blawin' a hoolie out there and my teenage niece reports from the Embra City Centre frontline that "it's bleeping CAAAUUULLLLDDDDDD" (esp as she had to take her stilettoes off as her feet were hurting so was standing in the taxi queue in tight-ed feet on wet pavements for an hour and a half before giving in and phoning me to beg for a 4am lift, bless her...

Posted

It's blawin' a hoolie out there and my teenage niece reports from the Embra City Centre frontline that "it's bleeping CAAAUUULLLLDDDDDD" (esp as she had to take her stilettoes off as her feet were hurting so was standing in the taxi queue in tight-ed feet on wet pavements for an hour and a half before giving in and phoning me to beg for a 4am lift, bless her...

Let's see your feet aka painted toes????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Billy Connolly Alex Salmond Rabbie Burns Alexander Graham Bell Seen Canary can you hear me can you hear me..... Your snow is taking one hell of a beating © Norwegian commentator

Posted

Don't you just hate when you go to bed with full snow over and wake up with none. Even the snowman has gone cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Aye, snaw taking a battering here. About 60% cover lost. Roadside ditches running high with melt water. 3.4 C and pish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Aye, snaw taking a battering here. About 60% cover lost. Roadside ditches running high with melt water. 3.4 C and pish.

:( nae videos with sultry french commentary this week then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Where's the weather? 3C, mostly sunny here - although the rain gauge reports 8mm rain overnight. Certainly no more than a gentle breeze. And as for the snow cover... well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Don't you just hate when you go to bed with full snow over and wake up with none. Even the snowman has gone cray.gif

Quite awful to watch you hopes and dreams melting before your very eyes. cray.gif

Temp. +4.0C (-0.3C/hour). Max. overnight +6.4C at 03.32.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Hope everything is okay Cheggers..

C'mon Andy... !

Posted

Had our first flash and rumble of the year here (quickly turned the shower into heavy hail) and made me run as I was out with the dogs at the time never ran fast enough! :p

Edited by NUT

Posted

sad.png nae videos with sultry french commentary this week then

He’s a wee something for you. Involves 3 cute women, either French or Scottish-French. One rolling about on the couch while the others watch.wink.png

Cute wee kitten video

Wee 'Belle', 27 Jan 2013. Aboot 6 weeks old. Like an overgrown hamster; just a bundle of fluff.

Commentary from Mrs SS and Mini Miss SS.

Awww.

And a chart:

t850Aberdeenshire.png

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Just visited the asylum area of netweather and I must say things very calm and upbeat in there this morning (hope its just not the medication working better).

LSS, TEITS and others predicting our next cold spell from T240-300 (9th-10th February) with a possible Beasterly.

The roller-coaster has just been set into gear again then. rofl.gif

Posted

He’s a wee something for you. Involves 3 cute women, either French or Scottish-French. One rolling about on the couch while the others watch.wink.png

Cute wee kitten video

Wee 'Belle', 27 Jan 2013. Aboot 6 weeks old. Like an overgrown hamster; just a bundle of fluff.

Commentary from Mrs SS and Mini Miss SS.

Awww.

SS do you ever think of anything else other than videos of pussies! Shocking, quite shocking. blush.png

Posted

SS do you ever think of anything else other than videos of pussies! Shocking, quite shocking. blush.png

I intentionally refrained from using such terminology - this is a family forum after all.

However, 'there's always one' as they say.whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Don't know that I could stand the onset of another easterly!laugh.png As was said tho' things very positive in the model thread this morning. Cute video SS....Wish my dog was as happy as the kitten this morning. Been up all night with him due to an abscess in his ear which has finally consented to burst this morning. Bit of a mess, but there will be an enormous relief of pressure now. Once it has drained a bit, he will let me clean it up and the antibiotics will do the rest

Very heavy rain here at the moment and very dark..

ETA: Very heavy sleet now! 2.9c/2.0c.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

It has been raining heavily here for 12 hours and have probably lost 50% of our snow cover. However it has just started snowing and it is very very heavy.

M...

Posted

Could've been snow given reports from Campsie, I was still asleep, but there was a pretty heavy hail shower for January half an hour ago. Felt like a summer downpour.

Posted

Well... had a good trip to York yesterday without any travel complications.

However... stunning levels of snow from Newcastle on south... very impressive indeed, and certainly more than I'd seen in the centre of Perth (but not up on the hill!)

By the time I came back last night it was almost all gone here... but fingers crossed for the next batch soon!

Tim