Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in Scotland...

Link to the previous one here:

http://forum.netweat.../page__st__1180

Edited by lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

Let's start with Mondy's low.

Currently at 940mb and looking like a real depression noo. A drop of 48mb in under 16 hours.

Fargin ell! Edited by snawbaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Should be a cracking day today with a weak ridge before the monster hammers us. Going to get out and enjoy the snow... oh wait though, HC, you didn't get any, and to make matters worse, getting OMG type texts from friends and rellies all over the UK saying 'we've got 18 inches here, you must be buried!' <phone gets interred in a quiet corner of the garden>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Let's start with Mondy's low.

Currently at 940mb and looking like a real depression noo. A drop of 48mb in under 16 hours.

Is this due to drop on Sunday, or Monday?

I finally worked out in my 20s that I have a funny reaction to really big shifts in pressure: I feel weepy. Not depressed, not miserable, just a strong urge to put my head in my hands and sob... doesn't matter whether the weather is improving or stormy or what, just any big shift in pressure and there I go.

So it would be useful to know when the Human Barometer should get her dry handkerchiefs ready on standby...

Posted

This is more like it: clear blue skies, the sun rising, a westerly breeze, 1.2c so colder than of late.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

any Edinburgers on-line to report any snow retention in the higher/south parts of the city ? Can't gauge from Leith if The Braids snow bowl has held onto its sledging piste. I'm optimistic because it faces north at 500 ft ASL and *should* have collected more yesterday. BUt I can't tell from here so looking for any proxy report from the higher parts. Thanks...

All things being equal might just squeeze out another sledging day !

Edited by by-tor

Posted

going to Aviemore in a couple of weeks ... looks like the forthcoming changeable spell will provide at least as much mountain snow as it takes away. That's fine, there's no "snow killer" on the horizon so ski-ing still looks assured into Feb.

Posted

Currently 1.5c here with blue skies and snow showers to the west . Puddles/mud all iced up again and fresh overnight snow down to the fields above the cliffs on the Black Isle (so close to Hairy Celt) Am liking this "mild " weather!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

any Edinburgers on-line to report any snow retention in the higher/south parts of the city ? Can't gauge from Leith if The Braids snow bowl has held onto its sledging piste. I'm optimistic because it faces north at 500 ft ASL and *should* have collected more yesterday. BUt I can't tell from here so looking for any proxy report from the higher parts. Thanks...

All things being equal might just squeeze out another sledging day !

Well, the view from the top windows says the north-facing Braids slopes are white - but whether that's sledgeable or slush-puppy I don't know!

Posted

Thanks for the snow report. Might be spring snow up there but it'll be good enough. Cheers !

Well, the view from the top windows says the north-facing Braids slopes are white - but whether that's sledgeable or slush-puppy I don't know!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I think the word 'mild' might be an overstatement for the coming few days:

13012718_2606.gif

13012806_2606.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Chilly clear crisp morning with plenty of snaw retention.

Ditto (been up all night with uncooperative child so lazy posting as after evening sledging ehm shattered) great snow event yesterday/today an roads still very dicey.............. Which is nice

Posted

Woke up to a very slight dusting on the foot or more that was already there. Absolutely lovely morning here. Crisp and blue skies. Downside to the weather is Stirling RFC match is off today.

Watching with interest the Atlantic storm winding herself up. Surprised that the Met Office haven't made more of it. They obviously aren't worried about it's impact.

M...

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

seems to be a 2 hour mild blip around midnight then back to hill snow above 800ft

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Currently 1.5c here with blue skies and snow showers to the west . Puddles/mud all iced up again and fresh overnight snow down to the fields above the cliffs on the Black Isle (so close to Hairy Celt) Am liking this "mild " weather!!!!

The sun's dealt with that already!

Posted

Sun seems to have a bit of oomph to it now. Was horrendous this morning i.e. really icy but that's all melted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Oot and aboot today and I saw this chap. Don't think there will be much left of him after the weekend.

Oops, you'll need to turm yer heid to view him. Or is there a way I can post it normal side up?

post-18389-0-76675500-1359209171_thumb.j

Edited by BurntFishTrousers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Gorgeous here too. Lovely crispy snow but thawing a bit in direct sunshine. 3C and sunny.

Anyone happen to come into Dundee this morning by Riverside? Some enterprising youngsters at the Technology Park had been busy building several erotic snow art forms to say welcome to Dundee. Sadly by the time I went past again heading out of town the sun had been at work and the main parts had collapsed.sorry.gif Or perhaps someone easily offended knocked them down.