Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire....

Link to the previous one here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75684-yorkshire-lincs-regional-discussion-210113-06z-onwards/page__st__1300

Posted

hoping for no more PPN cos it'll most likely be rain. just come back from a party (early, I know) and there is a good 6-8inches outside.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Looks like fog now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Shame this snowfall event didn't occur earlier. I don't think I can bear to say goodbye.. cray.gif

Posted

Shame this snowfall event didn't occur earlier. I don't think I can bear to say goodbye.. cray.gif

Go stick the ruler in the path and get us a measurement.

Posted

I did that already, level depth is 25cm / 10 inches.

On the path I'm not sure, on the bins I measured 14/15cm. Saw a family go down the road so I guess they know their time is limited!

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Snowing againclapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Still snowing in scunny. Again it's been really heavy snow but depths outside are not great but I am on the steel works so things may be a little different out in the streets. Seems by wet snow and I got a feelin that even thou its still falling its melting as well! Still we've gone out on a great snow night and one where I've had the chance to have a play out round the mines in the 4x4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Machu Picchu there are some right grumps around. Balls to em we have enjoyed you comments in here so dont worry

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Temps up to 1.4C here, had a lot of snow but the quality is bloody awful now, it was quite fluffy earlier but really wet now and no good for walking in.

Just shone the torch out the window and its icy, sleety rain mix falling now, bummer

Machu Picchu there are some right grumps around. Balls to em we have enjoyed you comments in here so dont worry

Cheers Paul, you're a star mate.

Posted

I did that already, level depth is 25cm / 10 inches.

On the path I'm not sure, on the bins I measured 14/15cm. Saw a family go down the road so I guess they know their time is limited!

Is the bin the new fall?

I always measure on the bin or a paving stone.

Posted

Yeah. It was completely clear before. 14cm on bin and 13cm on the path was my most recent measurement about 10 mins ago.

Still snowing BTW @ -0.3C. Time for bed methinks. A great night. Amazing how frequent these types of snow events are becoming.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Temps up to 1.4C here, had a lot of snow but the quality is bloody awful now, it was quite fluffy earlier but really wet now and no good for walking in.

Just shone the torch out the window and its icy, sleety rain mix falling now, bummer

Cheers Paul, you're a star mate.

yes ---- em.light drizzle here and very mserable

off to charlton in morning for match,guessing floods may be an issue by then!!!!!

Posted

sigh!!we have light rain.oh wellheres looking forward to any more cold weather if it comes along.two lengthy cold spells in one winter are pretty rare over recent years so who nos

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

yes ---- em.light drizzle here and very mserable

off to charlton in morning for match,guessing floods may be an issue by then!!!!!

Sounds the same as here then, altitude means nothing at this stage.

Thats a long trek for the match, i aint watched Wednesday play since Kenwyn Jones was on loan, i'm a Lincoln fan, i grew up there so thats my club, got into SW

cus all the lads are Wednesday fans, its all Wednesday in Penistone, a handful of Barnsley and about 2 piggies but we don't see them as they're too scared to leave the house.

Edited by Machu Picchu

Posted

Strangely its just started snowing heavily here again but the temperature is 1.6C with a dewpoint of 1.1C.

You just never know what might fall in these marginal situations!

Posted

Sounds the same as here then, altitude means nothing at this stage.

Thats a long trek for the match, i aint watched Wednesday play since Kenwyn Jones was on loan, i'm a Lincoln fan, i grew up there so thats my club, got into SW

cus all the lads are Wednesday fans, its all Wednesday in Penistone, a handful of Barnsley and about 2 piggies but we don't see them as they're too scared to leave the house.

hahaha typical blades.i have a weekend place at torksey dont no if you no it.been going down there since early 70s.nice area and great fishing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Just been out and it's sleety conditions compacting the top layer and making it rather sliippy. Interesting drive home from work!

Took my dog for a walk round my local park at 5 this morning after work. Some good amounts but thaw was setting in immediately. Lots of dripping from the trees. Still looked amazing and all untouched until me n the dogs ploughed our way round it :)

Edited by Lincstim

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Wow..huge dumping up here overnight, sadly temp is 1.6°c already and i can hear the drip of a steady thaw. Well it was fun whilst it lasted :-) next doors cat just bunny hopped down the road, funny watching it disappear up to its head every time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

just been out to clear the car for the OH. about 5 inches fresh snow fell and settled on it last night.

The sky is currently clear, with a few stars shining and the sun just starting to lighten up the place.

I keep seeing the odd gritter go past, but our main road out of penistone (one of them anyway) is down to single file traffic. the side roads are going to be atrocious!

I can also hear the drip drip of a -albeit - steady thaw at the moment.

Something woke me up at about 2am this morning, at the same time, the cats who were asleep at the bottom of the bed, shot off in a panic! I found a pile of snow on our back garden this morning, about 2 foot deep, the entire sheet of snow from our roof has slid off :)

I'll see if I can get out to take some pics before too much snow goes.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

A decent fall but some of us oldies would say nothing special. Haven't measured it yest guess around 4cm. Thaw already on it's way but temps doing the normal morning dip and have dropped back to 2.6C from a high of 2.8C. Dug the driveways out and cleared the car.

Judging by the layer of ice on the snow freezing rain probably fell for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Nah the Blades the fans will have cleared the footpaths for you lazy porky Wednesday fans and then have gone in for a deserved kip.

Sun coming up soon so any kiddies better get up and enjoy the view while it lasts

Edited by The PIT