Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the North West....

Link to the previous one here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75718-north-west-england-regional-discussion-23rd-january-2013-12z-onwards/page__st__1920

Posted

Just went outside to take a few pics and I'm kinda worried that quite bit of it will already be gone by early morning especially at the rate that these temperatures seem to be rising at!

Edited by SnowObsessor90

Posted

Just come back from the local pub, conditions between 9pm and 11pm were horrendous, something like 2 to 3 inches now settled locally including on the roads. Glad I took the winter mac.

buxtonweather.co.uk

- The roads in and around Buxton are appalling right now !! - REPORTS IN TONIGHT: "Just come over the A53 from Leek to Quarnford. Is being ploughed but wouldn't advise 2WD to attempt it. All ok with 4WD and winter tyres though" Thank you Claire Yates @ 23.00 AND " Stay away from the A6 Buxton-Chapel bypass! Just travelled from Stockport and only just made it although it took 2 hours but made it in the end" Thank you Adam Beesley @ 23.00 AND "Just travelled Asbourne Road A515 in a 4 x 4 - absolutely no go in a car - worst I've seen this year" Thank you David Hilton @ 22.00 AND "Long hill Buxton , road covered in snow and not good! Tractor and a snow plough been through in last ten min, but road fills quickly with snow, nothing coming over from Whaley to Buxton" Thank you Justin Holmes @ 22.00 AND "Came home from Buxton over Long Hill at 5.30 and it was passable with care but at 20.00 attempted to get across to Whaley Bridge and even main roads are almost unusable - almost got stuck four times on very small inclines. I would strongly advise people not to drive tonight at all - conditions are really bad at the moment" Thank you Linda Maguire @ 21.00

Posted

snowing again.....snow,rain,snow,rain..this is the story here.

Edited by greybing

Posted

Good 10 inches on the ground here at present, wow!

Crazy isn't it! If only we got this kind of fall last Friday in the middle of the cold spell, it's sad to see so much fall only for it to be probably gone by the next afternoon.

Tonight has been mind-blowingly brilliant though, a night I won't forget in a hurry.

All that's left to say is Hello Atlantic, it's been a while since we last met and goodbye cold, we should meet up again sometime in the near future!

Goodnight! :)

Crazy isn't it! If only we got this kind of fall last Friday in the middle of the cold spell, it's sad to see so much fall only for it to be probably gone by the next afternoon.

Tonight has been mind-blowingly brilliant though, a night I won't forget in a hurry.

All that's left to say is Hello Atlantic, it's been a while since we last met and goodbye cold, we should meet up again sometime in the near future!

Goodnight! smile.png

Wind really picking up as well now!

Posted

It's still here,as soon as it is light I will be out with the camera. This Is the thickest snow I have seen here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

6C here according to my ipad weather app. Nah dont think so. feeling bitter outside.

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted

showers are just coming in from the Irish sea here.

That has to be one of the best snow events i have ever witnessed last night, and i cant see it being beaten in a long time.

Two Words: Global Warming! blum.gif Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted

Woken up to 6 inches still here. Can hear drop drip dripping but at 1c this isn't going anywhere quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Sunny dry and breezy here, 3.7c. Bring on the Atlantic storms! blum.gif

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Sunny dry and breezy here, 3.7c. Bring on the Atlantic storms! blum.gif

Its a beautiful day here in southport roll on windy sunshinny if therer is such a word days!

Posted

A horrid slushy mess outside yet 10 miles south a foot of snow, such is the diversity of a crappy UK climate. Looking forward to some lovely stormy weather next week and temps in double figures, the countdown for Spring begins.biggrin.png

Posted

BBC actually showing us the M6 motorway gridlock. What a surprise!

Why don't they showed it last night? I never know. maybe they don't care about us enjoying the snow. so they dicided to show to us in the morning. Stupid Southerners!!rofl.gif

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland