Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Goodbye snow 5 days of lying snow I think that was a pretty good event. It surprised me this outbreak

Roll on the next one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Was good whilst it lasted! Nice to see rain again though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all.

Still sleety rain here. I'm looking forward to the milder weather, to give my boiler a break, if nothing else. smile.png

Hopefully a nice sunny Saturday will soon follow. Have a good one.good.gif

Posted

No sign of any overnight snow here whatsoever :( Looks like it was a total rain event here. Oh well, time to start looking for the next one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

woke up to a white covering thats all,see big flakes mixed in with heavy rain now washing it all away,would of been nice to have had a nice band like like that last weekend.

I am happy we had enough to go sledging last week thats the main thing.

now back to model watching to hunt for the next round!

still under v heavy ppn,temp0'7 c dew point -1 c so that therory out the window lol

Edited by Floatylight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

maybe this rain now will turn bck to snow?

Posted

maybe this rain now will turn bck to snow?

According to my car, the temperature is rising, so really unlikely now.

Anyway, I now want it to get mild as quickly as possible to clear all the snow. Once a thaw is properly underway, I want it out of the way quickly. I really don't like slush / messy snow and a thaw is one of my worst weather types.

Posted

Just been out on the seafront here in Brighton, what a contrast - mild, damp, light wind.

Latest Brighton observations (via google):

4.8 °C

Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 99%. Wind: 2.6 km/h from the NW. Visibility: 7.0 kilometers. Dew Point: 5 °C. Pressure:

1005 hPa

From the same source, Reigate temp 2.6c, DP 2c, by way of comparison

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Another thing, my pub credibility is pretty high at the moment. I said to the regulars that there was a reasonable chance of snow in a couple of weeks, three weeks ago... A lot of my opinion was gleaned from posters on this forum though.good.gif

They also asked my opinion on whether they'd have problems driving this morning, in my area, due to the snow forecast they'd seen. I said to them 'no problems guys, it'll all be a damp squib here imo' My credibility will be sky high now!laugh.png

The roads are good here too thankfully - I thought there might have been problems with freezing rain, but no such worries.

Posted

Morning all,

I take it that there was no snow (or merely transient wet stuff) here in Reigate last night... Merely patches of snow and the remains of our 3 snowmen left!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

morning all :)

Well, that went out with a splash rather than a bang didnt it. From an IMBY perspective this cold spell rates 4/10. It just never really delivered for us compared to pretty much the rest of the country. Expectations are high after 2010 but even last Feb tops this for me. Still, Winter is not over yet so I'm putting my faith in Feb! I'm going to enjoy these mild days. I know where the cold has gone..Ive flippin got it in my head achhooooooo sniffle sniffle cray.gif So I'm going to get rid of this cold and then hoping we have another shot at some Snowy stuff :)

Posted

morning all smile.png

Well, that went out with a splash rather than a bang didnt it. From an IMBY perspective this cold spell rates 4/10. It just never really delivered for us compared to pretty much the rest of the country. Expectations are high after 2010 but even last Feb tops this for me. Still, Winter is not over yet so I'm putting my faith in Feb! I'm going to enjoy these mild days. I know where the cold has gone..Ive flippin got it in my head achhooooooo sniffle sniffle cray.gif So I'm going to get rid of this cold and then hoping we have another shot at some Snowy stuff smile.png

Hi

That sums it up pretty much perfectly. I had a feeling nothing would come of the system. My feeling was like the Friday system that pushed across west to east before snowy sunday? That didn't do anything for us guys in our corner of the world.....We also had a southeasterly wind that friday as indeed we did THIS friday! Stange that! Like you say, I look forward to the next cold spell. I must say though, I don't like wind and rain at all :(

Guest archiesmummy

Nothing here this morning, my fault for hoping it would snow so didn't have to visit family today, lol, oh well, come on kids get dressed please!

Is the SSW still going to happen? Am sure I heard Matt Hugo saying it wasn't going to happen?

Hey ho my money is on John Pike, he has been spot on and so based on that won't be long before we start seeing a return to winter weather, fancy that in winter....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Must say I agree this was one of the biggest near misses i can remember, and double figure temps are going to feel very warm as we've been used to minus by night and 0-1c by day. But even i start feeling run down with the lack of sun its actually nice to see it today, long as February is good!

Posted

About 2 - 3cm on top of the remaining 10cm snow. We have had at least 5cm of snow on the ground for nearly two weeks now so impressive for my lifetime. As I look out the windows we still have 100 % snow coverage but. That will all change over the next 24hrs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Nice sunny start to the day, have about 1cm of snow on top of the old snow . Its going to feel tropical by Monday after getting used to the cold over this last fortnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

It must be amazing to have a continental style winter with 1 or 2 months of lying snow. Then imagine how welcome the thaw and milder weather would be.

Posted

Must say I agree this was one of the biggest near misses i can remember

Morning all!

I'm not sure it was really as GFS and NMM had this spot on from quite a way back, even down to timings and where would be rain where would be snow. Shame it's gone (for now) but it has been replaced by a glorious sunny day out there and I'm going to get amongst it for as long as I can!

yahoo.gif