Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

The main band of precip has reached here an started as soft hail (plus a few sleety flakes) and has now turned to rain albeit with some hail mixed in. Pity because there's some really heavy stuff heading this way. Temp is 1.6c and dp is -1.1c so surface cold is good enough for snow but obviously upper air temps and thicknesses are not conducive.

Only question now is will the lying snow last until morning to give me a 12th consecutive day of snow lying. I think it will.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The main band of precip has reached here an started as soft hail (plus a few sleety flakes) and has now turned to rain albeit with some hail mixed in. Pity because there's some really heavy stuff heading this way. Temp is 1.6c and dp is -1.1c so surface cold is good enough for snow but obviously upper air temps and thicknesses are not conducive.

Only question now is will the lying snow last until morning to give me a 12th consecutive day of snow lying. I think it will.

Think so especially if you have a couple of inches remaining Mike, no chance here, rain washed most away now.

Posted

got a light covering here in pontypool very fine stuff but causing a bit of a stir on the road already any idea if we in pontypool will get nice size chucks

probably just in the heavier bursts, only 1.9C temps

proper snowing now lool

Around this time it was sleety snow in town, with some snow here.

Since then as expected, it has been rain, heavy at times, snow levels are back to what they were on Monday, around 60% snow cover on grass, with plenty of snow at side of drives etc. Ominously some parts of the grass without snow cover are already waterlogged. I would imagine there will be some snow left by morning, but whether this will just be the remnants or any snow on grass is another matter.

Hopefully there will still be decent snow left around Merthyr tomorrow.

Clearly next week will be unsettled with rain and it will be mild/very mild at times, but hopefully February can give a further snow events, or if not the only thing missing this winter is a sunny frosty spell.

Edited by Jackone

Posted

Back to normal now, wet and windy here in Carmarthen, temps gradually rising. 3c back home.

Posted

Surface temps remain cold here but looks like milder uppers have been mixed in. Light rain and a slow rise in surface temps, 1.3ºC up from 0.6ºC earlier. Looks like the last of the snow for a while.

Posted

Clearly next week will be unsettled with rain and it will be mild/very mild at times, but hopefully February can give a further snow events, or if not the only thing missing this winter is a sunny frosty spell.

First couple of weeks of Dec we had some sunny and frosty days here (although other days were cloudy and cold). Seems like a long time ago now.

Posted

Very heavy rain, awesome were this snow, I guess it is for Andymusic?

First couple of weeks of Dec we had some sunny and frosty days here (although other days were cloudy and cold). Seems like a long time ago now.

I can't remember it being that sunny here at the start of December, but at least it was mostly dry.

In any case, still wouldn't mind a decent cold, sunny spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Snow being wacked against windows by rather lively wind. No doubt tomorrow equally lively wind will chuck streaming rain at us. Same thing, different form. will be glad to have a little respite so i can see what has survived in veg garden!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Chucking it down here! Atlantic happy to be back. Temperatures gradually rising now, still feels very cold. Lots of snow still on the lawn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Lots of snow still lying about, but this rain is relentless, cold and miserable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Cricky micky - just peeked outside- reelly reelly snowing and settling!!! Am i chanelling AndyM?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Well to add insult to injury a huge gust of rainy wind just blew the head off my snow man! It's like the Atlantic has brought an axe with him and is going around executing our poor snow men :( it's a sad day think il go down the pub and drown my sorrows :( violins please :(

Posted

Very heavy snow here - really covering what was left from before. Guess we're inland and east enough to make all the difference. Just glad it waited until I got home from work.

Edited by A_T

Well to add insult to injury a huge gust of rainy wind just blew the head off my snow man! It's like the Atlantic has brought an axe with him and is going around executing our poor snow men sad.png it's a sad day think il go down the pub and drown my sorrows sad.png violins please sad.png

That's what you get when you shut the Atlantic out for 3 weeks, it gets angry like the Hulk and goes around decapitating snowmen.

Throwing it down here, doubt there'll be much snow left by the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

The evil Atlantic just sent a huge avalanche of snow down from our roof, along with all the pretty icicles I've been admiring all week. :'(

Posted

very heavy rain here now as well,i hope it clears the bwlch to Gwynfi as that was a long drive for what norm takes 12 mins over the mountain ha ha. so whats next on the weather front? dry cold/ wet windy/ or maybe in near future snow and ice? whats your guess guys for feb? I will go with wet and windy for about 4 days then dry ish, then more rain and then back into cold and then towards last week of feb a huge snow storm to make everyone happy again lol. all guess work but will it pan out,who is next to have a guess?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

hammering it down in Caerphilly. Lovely foot of snow being reduced to a slushy mess. Bye bye winter wonderland *sob*