Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

Please use this bright new shiny thread for your regional weather discussion :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Amazing day yesterday, woke up to 4 inches, but a further 4 inches fell during the day with a total of about 8 inches on car and grass, about 6 inches on the roads. It's slushy of roads now but if skies stay clear tonight it will be very icy.

Looks like there could be another 4-5 inches on the way soon... of rain. Looks like we could be back to needing boats rather than skies to get around next week

192-777.GIF?24-6

Ok Guys....so the end is near for this cold spell (after tonight), when do u all feel its returning?

I can't see any sign of cold for the foreseeable future, models are looking rampant zonal express all the way at the moment.

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Must admit was the best snow I have seen around here yesterday didnt want it to end. Back to the normal welsh weather soon then, im hoping we can all see some more snow events before winters end here in wales drinks.gif

Posted

But for the time being beautiful blue skies and sunshine here in Newport - pleasure to see it

Posted

The snow is very patchy now on pavements but still 3-4 inches on raised surfaces. I'm quite looking forward to a change in weather, bring on the gales and heavy rain!

Edited by ginkrots

But for the time being beautiful blue skies and sunshine here in Newport - pleasure to see it

Yes can't remember the last time I saw blue skies and sun. Could be some very low temperatures tonight if the skies stay clear with the snowcover.

Posted

Derek Brockway stating that snow expected in heads of valleys area tomorrow on twitter!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Ok Guys....so the end is near for this cold spell (after tonight), when do u all feel its returning?

Also - Swansea ball boy is a legend !!!

Or a T-t!

Looks like there could be another 4-5 inches on the way soon... of rain. Looks like we could be back to needing boats rather than skies to get around next week

192-777.GIF?24-6

I can't see any sign of cold for the foreseeable future, models are looking rampant zonal express all the way at the moment.

And there was me thinking January would be a dry month!

A few pictures as requested yesterday of snowfall in Llanelli...a very rare sight!

post-5590-0-98474100-1359030861_thumb.jppost-5590-0-36701400-1359030892_thumb.jppost-5590-0-54963500-1359030930_thumb.jp

Wow! Wish I had been there to see it!

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Yes can't remember the last time I saw blue skies and sun. Could be some very low temperatures tonight if the skies stay clear with the snowcover.

About time, nothing below -5c this month, it got lower in Nov and Dec! Nothing below -3c since the snow fell last Friday with all the cloud.

Wow, pretty cool how much snow is down on the beach!

You must have had 6 inches inland?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Wow! Wish I had been there to see it!

If the temperature was a little lower we would of seen a lot more accumulation I presume since it started off as rain again and we never actually got down to freezing!

Wow, pretty cool how much snow is down on the beach!

Yes, I was very surprised, some of it is still there now! Thawing rapidly though

Posted

major thaw going on at the moment but still got a good 5" in places yet a couple of villages away its clear.. what temps do you think we are going to have overnight ?

Posted

GFS shows very severe frost East Wales tonight:

post-2595-0-42711500-1359036120_thumb.pn

Posted

GFS shows very severe frost East Wales tonight:

post-2595-0-42711500-1359036120_thumb.pn

Thanks TonyH

I seem to be in the -5 area fun struggled to get car out an hour ago,

Edited by chubbystuff

Posted

Looks to be coming in during the afternoon. Perhaps a brief period of snow in the E and over the hills but quickly turning to rain.

Posted

Looks to be coming in during the afternoon. Perhaps a brief period of snow in the E and over the hills but quickly turning to rain.

Posted

Just been on a walk around the lanes. Snow clearing now from south facing slopes but generally a 2 inch coating has lasted almost a week. Lovely sunny day did not feel at all cold in the sun.