Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in London and the South East...

Link to the previous one here:

Posted

Ok, just applied visual test here in Anerley, looking ENE from here you can normally see the lights on Shooters Hill, I'm pleased to say they've faded from view, which suggests some heavier ppn falling between here and Bexleyheath, will keep a close watch on lamppost now.

Anybody on from Bex/Heath/ Dartford way?

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I wasn't on line last night, but we had the lightest of dustings (on the top of cars only) when I got up this morning in Bexleyheath.

On the train to London, I noticed that Welling, Falconwood and Eltham seemed to have got the main snow showers - about 1/4cm covering on the ground/roofs

Posted

As we got in the car this morning to another light dusting of snow, my son and I, who have chased snow together since he was about 4 (he's now 13) talked that we have seen snow every day since last Friday, and walked in falling snow most of those days, including yesterday afternoon for the school run in Uxbridge, and the night before in heavy snow, albeit not settling, in Surbiton. We have been in our 'cold weather clothes' for some 10 days now, scraping the snow or ice off the windscreen a lot of days, sledging on a number of days, and thrown snowballs ... well.... often! By this morning 90% of the snow has melted, but it's still 1 c on the car thermometer. We are really happy with this. Still doesn't stop us keeping our fingers crossed for Feb of coursegood.gif

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

Last night was fascinating stuff, watching the potential Thames streamer set up and build in the small hours, even had the ENE wind for it in the estuary but the Belgian snake refused to play ball, if the snake had cooperated the totals would have been a lot different today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Well as i suggested yesterday looks increasingly likely that that current cold, with wave bye with a bang.i did think early yesterday that we would see some fairly decent snow accums, in our part, and some i think found it laughable.with such a stubborn/ established cold scenario as now, and the onslought of the atlantic, to my view there was only going to be one outcome albeit rather tempory.get out friday evening and enjoy what this spell has left, with most likely the most accums,most have seen thus far........and yes that is a RAMP.

Posted

Well as i suggested yesterday looks increasingly likely that that current cold, with wave bye with a bang.i did think early yesterday that we would see some fairly decent snow accums, in our part, and some i think found it laughable.with such a stubborn/ established cold scenario as now, and the onslought of the atlantic, to my view there was only going to be one outcome albeit rather tempory.get out friday evening and enjoy what this spell has left, with most likely the most accums,most have seen thus far........and yes that is a RAMP.

I agree, with TV forecasts really ramping it, weather guys on twitter expressing concerns. Updated warnings later today.

It all looks pretty good for snow tomorrow night!

What also interests me that come Saturday morning the air isn't what I would call mild. It's less cold.

Could be a lot of lying snow around before midday Saturday, then the rapid thaw

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/24/basis00/ukuk/t850/13012600_2400.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Streamer later?

prectypeuktopo.png

my met office app is showing exactly the same thing on the radar for about 4 today

Long fetch from London to the North Sea

Would be nice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Danduff fallingvin Medway as I left for work this morning.

Posted

http://www.iossc.org.uk/weather/index.php?n=3

25mph ene in thames ...... Interesting.... Enough instability? There were lightening flashes being detected over germany/ belgium earlier this morning where our weather is now coming from..... Something to keep an eye on for later.... Probably light showers later....

Awaiting met office update within the next two hours for friday..... Could be very interesting up north but what about us down here....

Edited by willinkent44

Posted

In a way it's a shame that this front tomorrow isn't going to last

It's hitting us at the perfect time with much heavier precipitation

Unlike last week

Never mind still gonna get out tomorrow night and enjoy it before the thaw on sat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Light Graupel here now.......bitter in the Easterly breeze. Temp 0.9c rising slowly

Posted

wow carol only said 2 this morning

That's a big upgrade

i wouldn't listen to carol she didn't predict the 2cm parts of London got yesterday

Posted

i wouldn't listen to carol she didn't predict the 2cm parts of London got yesterday

yeah you're right there mate

She didnt even mention it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Build a snowman by order of the GOVERNMENT! Environment Agency urges homeowners to pile up ice and prevent flooding by delaying thaw

http://www.dailymail...aying-thaw.html

post-10773-0-37037200-1359024425_thumb.j

I wonder if they will send the snow police round to check up on us all !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

we had a little bit of fluff falling this morning. Plenty of Snow still on the ground and the Snowman is still going strong. I think this is the longest lasting Snowman in the garden!