Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weathersupremacy

A "Bit" of Ice :)

Source: http://news.sky.com/story/1042039/chicago-warehouse-covered-in-ice-after-fire

I think if you're missing seeing frozen things then you need to check out the photos on the article over at Sky News. Sorry, I wasn't sure which sub-forum to put this in.

I've not seen ice like that and of course it's the result of the building being covered in water and then frozen, but still amazing to see. Especially the photo of the truck encased in ice.

I think I will save the images as they're like something from a movie.

Probably best in the lounge, moved there now :)

• Similar Content

• By Jo Farrow
      Could anyone give beginners tips about taking photos of the Northern Lights. For Scotland or Scandinavia. Without investing huge amounts of money or carrying loads of kit, can decent images be taken by an amateur?

• By BornFromTheVoid
      ADS extent lowest on record by about 196k. The melt is currently 18 days ahead of 2012, and 7 days ahead of last year. Things looking interesting to say the least.
    • By Skullzrulerz
      Welcome To The Snow And Ice NH thread for 2015

​I have to Attach the latest snow/ice map due to somehow unable to paste it

It seems that Northern Russia seems to be having a bit of a early snowfall.

Enjoy

Edit: The picture came out well in the end

• By Mark Bayley
      I am enrolled at UNIS,Svalbard, studying Arctic glaciers till September. I am hoping to keep this blog updated with details of what I am up to and pictures. So far I am limited to Longyearbyen, having not received gun training, but next week will start with fieldwork. The weather has so far been sunny, and rather warm, reaching a high of 15c yesterday. The constant light is taking some getting use too! I'll be visiting a local glacier on Thursday, where I hope to update!
    • By Ross Andrew Hemphill
      There may already be a thread for this so lock this if that's the case....

Met Office weather warnings have been issued for much of the country for heavy, frequent snow showers from tomorrow morning.

Warning map:

Here is the latest output from the models:

850hpa Temps:

Precipitation Type:

Very interesting spell of weather coming up very soon, lets all keep everyone informed of what's happening across the country.