Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coast

North West England Regional Discussion 23rd January 2013, 12z onwards

I've plumped up the cushions and straightened the sofa so here a comfy new thread for all your regional weather discussions.

Had some snow, turn to rain. My thoughts are now turning to spring and the garden.

Just tiny flakes floating about atm

Wheres it coming from..and dont say the sky lol

Its not amounting to anything

So whats meant and i say meant to be happening Friday?

Stopped now :(

So whats meant and i say meant to be happening Friday?

Stopped now sad.png

Heavy snow (for some) followed by lots of lovely rain! What a waste!

Whats that pepping up in the south? Rain or snow? Our snow was so heavy before and started to cover the roads, what a bummer! Just the odd flake now although rain today shows it still over us.

Heavy snow (for some) followed by lots of lovely rain! What a waste!

yes what a waste going to miss my snow and my snowman

Whats that pepping up in the south? Rain or snow? Our snow was so heavy before and started to cover the roads, what a bummer! Just the odd flake now although rain today shows it still over us.

Snow but I doubt low lying areas can see any settling.

I would love to see some frost for a change but another cloudy night is likely here.

Karyo

We can see whos online now at the bottom...not a good sign that anything massive is about to occur

Nuisance sporadic flurries, meaning more cloud and less frost tonight. Not sure if Friday's preceeding snow will allow me enough time on Saturday to walk the dogs over the snowfields of Oldham....or will quickly turn to slush? Either way a breakdown is on the way, both weatherwise and forum moods lol

We can see whos online now at the bottom...not a good sign that anything massive is about to occur

Yep, means we've gone quieter, less traffic on the board..... until the models throw in the next wintry curveball.

50p flakes again. Blackpool should be hetting this by now looking at the radar.

Looks like the snow is avoiding Eastern Cumbria again this winter, just the occasional flake here.

Thunderstorms do the same in summer too. Darn weather gods!

Looks like the snow is avoiding Eastern Cumbria again this winter, just the occasional flake here.

Thunderstorms do the same in summer too. Darn weather gods!

Looks like its right over Cumbria at the mo, eastern to

I'm starting to get GREATLY concerned about Saturday's "Perfect Storm", is anyone else picking up on this at the moment?

Concerned in what sense?

In Fleetwood today. Its trying hard but melting on impact atm. Mind you on Mon St Annes had nearly 3cms and fleerwood nada so maybe more when I get home.

Why concerned Dave? Its gonna suck!

On another not the met office have some job vacancies if you've got a degree in meterology get scrambling :p

I'm starting to get GREATLY concerned about Saturday's "Perfect Storm", is anyone else picking up on this at the moment?

What do you mean Dave?

Snowing quite steady here! We'll have a covering if it keeps up and the radar looks good.

Lots of the NW in amber zone for Friday but last time that happened it was really a warning that bugger all was about to happen. Will prob be a massive sleetfest more likely than not! (certainly here anyway)

Dam it seems to be clearing us now on the radar just when the temps are staying down too!! I womder if that lot south west or central will make it up here

Lots of the NW in amber zone for Friday but last time that happened it was really a warning that bugger all was about to happen. Will prob be a massive sleetfest more likely than not! (certainly here anyway)

You mean Yellow zone? No amber warning out for Friday

Dam it seems to be clearing us now on the radar just when the temps are staying down too!! I womder if that lot south west or central will make it up here

The stuff from the Midlands seems to break up over the peaks and reform over your general direction.