Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z ------>

A.J

Posted

12z UKMO a snowfest for Friday away from the SW of the region, GFS a rainfest away from the North east of the region, hmmm.

Come on UKMO be correct :lol: let this cold spell go out with a bang!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

After looking at the recently updated ukmo 12z it looks likely that the band if snow on friday into saturday could stay as snow!!so its looking increasingly likely that we might get something more memorable again!!temperatures are only predicted to get up to 1 degrees on saturday at the moment!!could change of course!!

Yeah, gfs suggesting that as well, bbc has me heavy snow 3pm, then sleet 6pm, then dry, Sat 6pm light rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Looks like those blobs to the east of the Midlands are moving westwards, earlier they kept dying out but now they appear to be growing in intensity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Looks like those blobs to the east of the Midlands are moving westwards, earlier they kept dying out but now they appear to be growing in intensity.

Its another snow bomb !!! Lol :-))))))

Posted

Hoping we can get rid of this cloud tonight now so finally get a good chilly night!

Where it hasnt melted the snow is just as soft as it was on Friday rather than freezing into the rock hard ice it usually does as other than Friday afternoon/evening when it dropped to -2/-3c we've been hovering between -1c and +1c for pretty much a week no, very little variation.

Posted

Well what can I say. What an amazing few days.

If we get a cold spell during February and we miss out while the rest of the country gets loads, then I'm afraid we'll have to stay very quiet and not be tempted to moan because we'll no justification to. Except for PolarWarsaw...who sound likes he's had a rubbish time of it this week with sleet and quick thawing.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well what can I say. What an amazing few days.

If we get a cold spell during February and we miss out while the rest of the country gets loads, then I'm afraid we'll have to stay very quiet and not be tempted to moan because we'll no justification to. Except for PolarWarsaw...who sound likes he's had a rubbish time of it this week with sleet and quick thawing.

Makes me sound bad! But living next to a main road, in the lowest area around here and just metres from a power station leads to this place always being worst off.

It's still been a brilliant week, but it could've been so much better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

hi guys. This cold sbell for snow has been better than 2010 i think, just a guess i think we have just over 10cm left. Anything else heading this way in brum peeps?

Posted

Makes me sound bad! But living next to a main road, in the lowest area around here and just metres from a power station leads to this place always being worst off.

It's still been a brilliant week, but it could've been so much better.

Didn't mean to make you sound bad...it was in sympathy...honest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

I still think 2010 was better, lying snow for far longer, and on Christmas Day of course :-)

Posted

This cold spell has been brilliant for where i am. Not had snow as deep since 90-91. I have a 5 year old daughter and to see here enjoying herself in her first ever proper snow has made it even more worthwhile.So when it does turn milder i want be complaining because as much as i love snow ive had great satisfaction from this spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Light now all day here some heavier bursts. Looks like a shower is intensifying slightly south of brum I will keep a eye. Can't say you have snow showers from the south to often! Let's hope with go out with a bang Friday night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Fridays potential event I feel will be very similar to 07th Jan '11, 3cms snow then turned to rain,

seen light snow most of today but thaw in places, very similar to sun and mon, with the light snow

dunno whats happened to my sensor, last hour between 6.6C and 7.8C, water in sensor maybe?

Edited by Gimmesomesnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Snow falling steady again here, i think anything can happen on fri.