Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, please carry on here ....

old thread here --------------->

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Worcester looks to be getting pummelled! Enjoy guys! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

*nails Malvern's colours to the mast* :D Well, still snowing heavily here although I detect perhaps a slight lessening, current temp -0.4oC, a good accumulation, I think around 5 cms.

Posted

This has got to be by far the snowiest spell in the West Midlands by sheer persistence for a number of years. Even more persistent then Dec 2010 (although Dec 2010 I rate better due to it being colder).

Don't forget guys...another potential snow event on Friday night. That could give another 10cm of snow widely across the region before a thaw on saturday and sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Thaw here :( Temp is up to 0.9c with a dew of 0.8c, I actually hope no PPN does come here now, probably wouldn't be snow anyway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Someone's obviously been working very hard to smash Worcestershire's snow shield to pieces. ;-)

Some light to moderate snow still falling, although the snow seems to be mostly settling on top of snow covered areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

OK I'm out for the night but it's still snowing here, albeit a little lighter. Just fabulous! good.gif

Posted

Light snow started again here with bigger flakes this time around :D

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Wow Worcestershire and Herefordshire seem to be getting a real blasting so far tonight good.gif

Bish

Well, some of Worcs! Up here in the north of the county it's just the same old small, wet flakes we've been having for hours, and not really contributing to any accumulation. Maybe a different story down Worcester/Malvern way, though! Good luck, everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

It's been incredible here for the past 1.5 hours with heavy, large flakes and what's been added on top of any undisturbed snow from the other day must add up to something in the region of 9" now. The elevation must have made all the difference here, with temps and dew points obviously being quite marginal across the region.

The radar shows that it's been pepping up a bit down towards Stow-on-the-Wold, so there may be more to come yet here later, but it's time for bed now so I'll have to see how it all looks in the morning. Have a good night all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Odd flakes in the wind, real thaw set in here so I hope things skier Spith and west of here now. It would be nice to see real thick flakes on Friday for a while and some proper heavy snow. The kind that creates a coating within 5 minutes.

Not had that this spell.

It's certainly been the most consistent and lengthy period of falling snow in terms of days and hours (if not accumulations) that I can remember.

Posted

Odd flakes in the wind, real thaw set in here so I hope things skier Spith and west of here now. It would be nice to see real thick flakes on Friday for a while and some proper heavy snow. The kind that creates a coating within 5 minutes.

Not had that this spell.

It's certainly been the most consistent and lengthy period of falling snow in terms of days and hours (if not accumulations) that I can remember.

Where are u? Should put your location in the profile lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

As much as I've enjoyed this cold, snowy, spell and been pleased with what it has delivered so far, I think one last thing to make this Winter complete (and even then, we're only really half-way through the season), is a snowfall with those classic 50p/£2 coin flakes. I would have to agree that most of the snowy periods that have occurred have been mostly light(ish) affairs with the possible exception of last Friday where it was quite heavy for a time. Hopefully, for those who's snow shields have not been quite as weak will see them get blasted away by Friday's possible snow potential, or when ever the next cold spell/snap looms.

Posted

Just got back from a long, long drive to the North East and back; to find it snowing quite hard in Shrewsbury with about 1cm added and the wet paths and roads turning white again. The northern limit of the snow was about Tarporley at 0100.

The area from Northwich past Warrington to NW Manchester had much less snow than here, and the car was reading as high as 3C in that area. Even on top of the M62 it was only -0.5, although there was a decent snow cover there. From Leeds up to Newcastle seemed to be consistently 10-15cm; but it was around 1C all the way and I even saw a sleet shower near Durham. Was very surprised to find it warmer over there than back home!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snow still falling here there was no thaw here accept rooftops so this adding to what's already there.