Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow
Posted · Hidden by Dave Kightley, January 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Kightley, January 23, 2013 - No reason given

Some people need to lighten up....

If your that concerned why are you sat here and not helping all those in need?rofl.gifrofl.gif

Just got back from an hour of sledging and a few beers down the local road it was great fun! drinks.gif How much u had tonight mate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Moderate snow again dew point dropped slightly 0.3c temp 0.4c

Posted

Some people need to lighten up....

If your that concerned why are you sat here and not helping all those in need?rofl.gifrofl.gif

Just got back from an hour of sledging and a few beers down the local road it was great fun! drinks.gif

how much have you had mate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Its been dry for 3 hours now but a good fresh 5/6 inches on top of previous 6 inches left over. I was just disapointed farmer cleared road from previous fall as it would have been even better to sledge on!

Nearly hit the occasional fence but it was worth it and cans of stella cool quick in the snow good.gif

Posted

very poor event around here... What went wrong tonight....

Its been dry for 3 hours now but a good fresh 5/6 inches on top of previous 6 inches left over. I was just disapointed farmer cleared road from previous fall as it would have been even better to sledge on!

Nearly hit the occasional fence but it was worth it and cans of stella cool quick in the snow good.gif

nearly 1ft then? Had hardly anything here today.. 1cm? Snow was very wet on lower ground it seems

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

how much have you had mate?

He's Just saying what alot of us are thinking...................LOL Edited by Ashley G

Posted

Some showers heading up west somerset with ppn rates upto 48mm!!! tease.gif

Posted

Think it pivoted in wrong place and temps have not been cold enough, I guess others in our region will be saying it is just perfect ie Forest of Dean and West and South Somerset.

Posted

Some showers heading up west somerset with ppn rates upto 48mm!!! tease.gif

Would you count me as West Som?????

Posted

Think it pivoted in wrong place and temps have not been cold enough, I guess others in our region will be saying it is just perfect ie Forest of Dean and West and South Somerset.

I live in south Somerset.... I hear 10cm in Yeovil is pure unluck for me.... Damn

Posted

And some people need to grow up.

WEATHER FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT CHARITY FORUM

Posted

And some people need to grow up.

No argument there... drinks.gif Hope you have enjoyed the snow good.gif

Posted

nearly 1ft then? Had hardly anything here today.. 1cm? Snow was very wet on lower ground it seems

Yes not far off it, it was a tough one with such marginal temperatures, you either needed elevation or a hell of alot of ppn as some others have.

Temperature is -0.2c here but thats equates to almost 2/3c in lowest sheltered urban parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

34mm of rain yesterday, a couple more since midnight.. Flooding and a 10th month in a row of above average rainfall. Crazy! :)

Posted

That's the most obvious statement I've read for about 30 years..My point is that everyone who has an orgasm at the sight of a snowflake should take a little time out to tihink of the folks who are suffering in these conditions.

Ok, I took a little time out to think of the folks who are suffering in these conditions, and so far it has achieved nothing. unknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Seems to be snowing quite lightly now, shame the ground is soaked! Anyone know if this could change for me? Ay more snow expeced?

Posted

Steady snow now for last 20-30mins :) 0.6°C, DP -0.3°C

34mm of rain yesterday, a couple more since midnight.. Flooding and a 10th month in a row of above average rainfall. Crazy! smile.png

You have a vantage vue don't you? :)

Posted

Just got home from work.....left Exeter at 4:15pm, arrived here at 11:45pm. Atrocious rods, got stuck on the A303, turned back to Exeter, up the M5, down to 1 lane - off at Taunton, down the A358, stuck again, but got pushed by some good Samaritans.....easily 7/8 inches widely. Back on the A303, one lane all the way back to Somerton turn off.....after this, had enough of snow for at least a week or two!!!! Sorry for those who still haven't had any yet!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

What do people think about those really intense showers near Poole? Ah they seem to be breaking up :(

http://www.netweathe...ion=radar;sess=

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

What do people think about those really intense showers near Poole?

http://www.netweathe...ion=radar;sess=

They look like gods gift to the south west.... sadly too far west doh.gif Some incredible ppn rates though within them!

Posted

Right off to la la land thanks for everyone contributions tonight it has been fun and those with snow enjoy it before the big ugly Atlantic fires uplazy.gif

Posted

I just want to take this opportunity to thank the clever & knowledgeable posters on here, big shout out in particular to AWD, amongst many others. Without your input I wouldn't be able to go into work at some point this week and laugh in the face of the staffroom big mouth who spent their whole day belittling my snow forecast, telling me I was talking out of my a**e and shouting over the top of me at every opportunity. Apparently we were in a rain only area, no chance of snow and I am a big prat who knows nothing.

In your face staffroom big mouth and 6cm + proves me more than right! biggrin.pngacute.gifpleasantry.gifdirol.gifwub.png

Unfortunately I can't give any of you the praise that you deserve, it was all down to my chart reading after all! ;)

Edited by dancing daisy