Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of Snow

been watching this snowradar , don't know how good it is but it shows snow over us at mo . so seems to work . http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/?type=rain-snow-sleet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Been snowing in Yeovil none stop since 3pm, still going now, easily 10cm or more on the deck. Took 5 hours to get from Fordingbridge to Yeovil this afternoon/evening.

Started Snowing about 1.45 in Shepton and stopped just after 9,very wet Snow.

Posted

I'm here. Albeit in between snowman building, a mass snowball fight with the neighbours whilst the kids are in bed and copious amounts of Irish coffee. I live in a great street! Unfortunately all of the adults have spoilt all of the fresh snow that the kids would have wanted to play in tomorrow. :D

We do appear to be in a sweet spot, 5cm has fallen and we still have more coming out of the sky. It has been a strange mix though of sleety mix and then heavy snowfall, so we have a thaw going on but it appears to have made little difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Just got home from work.....left Exeter at 4:15pm, arrived here at 11:45pm. Atrocious rods, got stuck on the A303, turned back to Exeter, up the M5, down to 1 lane - off at Taunton, down the A358, stuck again, but got pushed by some good Samaritans.....easily 7/8 inches widely. Back on the A303, one lane all the way back to Somerton turn off.....after this, had enough of snow for at least a week or two!!!! Sorry for those who still haven't had any yet!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Looking at radar there appears to be some heavier precipitation to east of Bristol, come this way please I am waiting clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

been up stairs watching the snow , still coming down well but a bit finer now

Looks like you have better chance than me at seeing a good layer. Still seems it will last into the night though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Whats it doing in Bournemouth looks torrential down there

Posted

Just had a look at the radar....looks like it is coming from the North and up from the South towards me in Evercreech. Or is it just me?????????!

Posted

Just got home from work.....left Exeter at 4:15pm, arrived here at 11:45pm. Atrocious rods, got stuck on the A303, turned back to Exeter, up the M5, down to 1 lane - off at Taunton, down the A358, stuck again, but got pushed by some good Samaritans.....easily 7/8 inches widely. Back on the A303, one lane all the way back to Somerton turn off.....after this, had enough of snow for at least a week or two!!!! Sorry for those who still haven't had any yet!!

My god! nightmare!!!

Posted

and i continue to record 0.2mm a tip that i never wanted to see sad.png

Certainly been a strange one here in Bristol with forecasts of dropping temps and dew points as night went on and predictions of settling snow as air got colder I can not help to feel disappointed.

Posted

Certainly been a strange one here in Bristol with forecasts of dropping temps and dew points as night went on and predictions of settling snow as air got colder I can not help to feel disappointed.

0.7 here DP -0.3, cant help feel my DP may be a bit off. keeps turning sleety here but bigger flakes now as it becomes a little heavier still wet snow tho.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Damn I'm jealous of west somerset have you seen that ppn coming up from south its very very intense! Somehow we are in some void sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

That's the most obvious statement I've read for about 30 years..My point is that everyone who has an orgasm at the sight of a snowflake should take a little time out to tihink of the folks who are suffering in these conditions.

Oh stop being so grumpy. Enjoying snow doesn't mean you don't give two hoots about anyone else.

Posted

Oh stop being so grumpy. Enjoying snow doesn't mean you don't give two hoots about anyone else.

My daughter and my neighbours son went out earlier with shovels and cleaned the snow from the oldies paths and doors. wub.png

Unfortunately we have had another 3cm since then :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

That's the most obvious statement I've read for about 30 years..My point is that everyone who has an orgasm at the sight of a snowflake should take a little time out to tihink of the folks who are suffering in these conditions.

That's really unfair. Everybody on here has been informing people as soon as the bad weather was confirmed, giving them plenty of warning to get in supplies and fill prescriptions etc, and also reminding each other about looking after vulnerable people, which many of us have been doing, as well enjoying something we can do nothing about.

It was on the ITV West Country news at 6pm. The Red Cross have been taking people to hospital appointments during this snowy period.

Good. I have a monthly direct debit to the Red Cross, inter alia. mad.gif

Posted

It was on the ITV West Country news at 6pm. The Red Cross have been taking people to hospital appointments during this snowy period.

Oh my mistake just digging myself out of hole as we speak, on another point anyone on here from Poole area some heavy showers down there is it snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Some people need to lighten up....

If your that concerned why are you sat here and not helping all those in need?rofl.gifrofl.gif

Just got back from an hour of sledging and a few beers down the local road it was great fun! drinks.gif