Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angelici Magiovinium

London & South East Regional Discussion 22nd January 2013 22:00hrs>

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in London and the South East...

Link to the previous one here:

Anyone seen 10cms or more of snow tonight? Am I going to have to file for bankruptcy?

Depends where that area of snow from Eastbourne to Dieppe goes, with all those greens and the length of the front somewhere will get nailed

Heavy rain in eastbourne still. The whole snow event is 50 miles further east than predicted but not close enough to the sunshine coast!

Sky beginning to turn orange to my SE, first sign of something after watching that misleading blooming radar for hours??

1st!

HAHA

reposted from prev thread. Bonkers weather in littlehampton tonight. Snow then rain then snow that started to settle then rain and then snow not settling!

Thought I'd take a peek at one of the radars. Must be false returns as apart from the odd few flakes nothing is falling and it makes it look like I'm under the same intensity as areas that are getting the heavy stuff!

Very sleety rain stuff here still, just peeked out in me dressing gown brrrr!

Depends where that area of snow from Eastbourne to Dieppe goes, with all those greens and the length of the front somewhere will get nailed

Looks to me it's dying a death when making landfall so can't see much out of it.

Croydon Council highways division have a MetO radar monitoring system. The staff can keep an eye on developments and can call the MetO's hotline at any time. The top man at the Council decided to send out the gritters earlier based on my Yamkin style intervention laugh.png

It doesn't appear to be going anywhere. In fact it's fragmenting as it tries to progress northwestward

Croydon Council highways division have a MetO radar monitoring system. The staff can keep an eye on developments and can call the MetO's hotline at any time. The top man at the Council decided to send out the gritters earlier based on my Yamkin style intervention laugh.png

Yamkin that's awesome! Hope you're getting a bonus $$$

Snowing heavy in Wales. My family are there. Looks like another snow day for them tomorrow,!

Do the cleaning staff answer the phone?

It doesn't appear to be going anywhere. In fact it's fragmenting as it tries to progress northwestward

I'm rich!!! clapping.gif

Looks to me it's dying a death when making landfall so can't see much out of it.

True it's not made much progress in the last hour or so, almost like it has stalled as the back edge hasn't even left France

Eerrm what is the GFS up to....

Almost a repeat of what started this cold spell.

Well I for one don't owe you a penny lol

I don't have to pay out my billions to you peasants. Yahoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drinks.gif

Yeah that's the area where I was basing my figures of earlier upon, it's not progressed at this stage how I anticipated

Somerset, Aberdeen and N Ireland on the news - making our snow look a bit feeble

Yeah that's the area where I was basing my figures of earlier upon, it's not progressed at this stage how I anticipated

I think not my friend. You predicted the area between Guildford, Basingstoke and Bracknell, not the south coast!