Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

The main roads around my area are fine now - small bits of ice (especially arund Cwm Calon Jenko) but nothing really to worry about if you take your time. Anyone catching the train to Cardiff from Ystrad Mynach - the road up to the main carpark is fine but the car park itself is totally untreated and is just one big ice bowl so take your time.

Must admit could do with a break for a few weeks from the white stuff (never thought I'd say that lol)- getting to work has been a pain - hopefully at least one decent reload before winters over - January 2013 will go down as one of the great winter months in my part of the world at least.

Posted

i'm afraid that is very very sad - this is partly to do with the met offices timidness in giving out warnings - they need a new marketing dept to make sure the message is heard loud and clear that this brutal sort of weather is here or is gonna be here. plus, the stupid people who think they can continue on in the same way that they always have without thought for any one else - very selfish - STAY OUT OF YOUR CARS FOLKS - IT'S NOT CLEVER TO LOSE CONTROL OF YOUR VEHICLE AND KILL A PEDESTRIAN IS IT - SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STAY OUT OF YOUR CARS IF YOU CAN'T COPE WITH THE CONDITIONS - BETTER STILL JUST STAY OUT OF YOUR CARSSSSSSSSSSSS! - POOR LITTLE GIRL - I FEEL FOR HER!mad.gif

its not true I just been told Andy (thank god) but some very sick people about who started this awful rumour.

Posted

i just saw forecast on tv and it shows rain coming in on fri,and turns to snow for a short while in the far east of wales,then moves very quickly to rain and then the snow moves to far east of England and it looks from what i just seen they could have very very heavy snow for quite a few hrs and even that far east will turn to rain with mild temps for sat and sunday. well it has been nice to see some snow but would like to see some dry sunny days now for a while and then a 82 style blizzard in feb and then a long hot sunny summer to dry out this ground, and make us all smile.(i blooming wish)

Posted

I just read this is not true very sad that people make things like this up but pleased its not true

I can't believe that - NOT TRUE - who the hell made that up - whoever it is is SICK - honestly - just when I think the human race has sunk to a new low - someone beats it again - attention seeking or what - that'll teach me to check stories that are passed to me in future. Well look up into the sky folks - it's a big yellow ball of something - oh yeah it's the sun - and it's shining over my alpine meadow in winter lol - well for me friday into saturday still looks bad - lots of snow from that one I think - but yes - more and more it looks like the thaw and rain and wind is now on the cards starting overnight saturday into sunday - means we might well be able to get to a gig that Liza has - James Bond theme night at a brecon Golf Club (all are dressing up "penguin" suits for the guys and (if this doesn't say (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) (if this doesn't say cockroft when referring to a bbc forecaster, I have maturity issues) Cocktail dresses for the girls) £30 a ticket apparently - we could do with some transport from Q branch I think to get us over the beacons and down into brecon! - should be an interesting night if we choose to accept the mission (oh that's the wrong film ain't it (Impossible Mission) - you don't choose in Bond movies - you do or DIE)

edit:- mind you - we could potentially have a hell of a job getting back home that night if that storm front is coming in - what's the betting it could still be snow up and over at Storey Arms - ooooooh er missus - and that's if we can get there in the 1st place about tea time on saturday!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Brand new shiny thread here: