Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Please carry on here....

old thread here ----------->

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

Can see this band of PPN perhaps not getting to us here or just clipping the extreme south of Wales - perhaps not reaching the valleys? Hope this is not the case and I have booked another day off tomorrow so I can watch everyone else pondering whether to chance it if it does come off and plaster us!

Temperature has dropped even further now to 1.0°C - so trending colder. The intensity is there with this band it's just got to play ball again.

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Temp 1C, dp at -1.5C light snow here in Cardiff! Just the start I guess :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

RCT have cancelled school transport for tomorrow (http://www.rctcbc.go...ltransport.aspx). Not sure myself if it will hit the valleys that hard. Hopefully get some more of the white stuff in my back yard tho!

PPN seems to be tracking westwards - may miss S Wales completely - come back this way!!

OVER HERE!!

Edited by ourson

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Reports of very heavy snow in the sw thread! please reach us lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Snow getting a lot heavier here however looks like ending soon, only a thin band of precip over us. 0.9c though now with bigger flakes but i think this is all we are going to get tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales

RCT have cancelled school transport for tomorrow (http://www.rctcbc.go...ltransport.aspx). Not sure myself if it will hit the valleys that hard. Hopefully get some more of the white stuff in my back yard tho!

Well I have never ever seen so many gritters and JCB's pulling grit go pass my house in one hour. Somethings brewing and they are doing a lot of work around this area......

JK

Posted

PPN seems to be tracking westwards - may miss S Wales completely - come back this way!!

OVER HERE!!

Its moving NW, precipitation near Salisbury, will come our way, dont worry!

Weather Radar - Live UK Rainfall Radar - Netweather.tv

Posted

OVER HERE!!

That bloody local radio kicking up a frenzy stupidity what is local radio up to whip up a frenzy causing panic really naff!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

i think it will be another 2-3 hours b4 the heavy stuff arrives here,just a feeling I have.has there been any reports of people raiding supermarkets today like last thursday?lol

Posted

Very heavy snow here now in Hwest, Pembs. Looks temporary and fast moving however :( hoping for it to recurve round this evening, we will see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Looks like east wales should get some, but won't move any further west than newport

Posted

and there we are, snow getting lighter, i fear that is our last here in west wales for a couple of weeks at least. Im wishing that this band will recurve westwards however im not confident on this.

Posted

Looks like east wales should get some, but won't move any further west than newport

What makes you think Newport?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Just a few flakes blowing in the wind here. Nothing really yet.

Posted

BBC News shows snow over SE Wales around 6pm.

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Snowing here with light flakes with a blustery wind .

Looks like it will get heavier during this evening .

newport/cwmbran next pontypool cant wait please let it be long and slow and very heavy Edited by madian2