Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajpoolshark

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z----->

Can see this band of PPN perhaps not getting to us here or just clipping the extreme south of Wales - perhaps not reaching the valleys? Hope this is not the case and I have booked another day off tomorrow so I can watch everyone else pondering whether to chance it if it does come off and plaster us!

Temperature has dropped even further now to 1.0°C - so trending colder. The intensity is there with this band it's just got to play ball again.

JK

RCT have cancelled school transport for tomorrow (http://www.rctcbc.go...ltransport.aspx). Not sure myself if it will hit the valleys that hard. Hopefully get some more of the white stuff in my back yard tho!

PPN seems to be tracking westwards - may miss S Wales completely - come back this way!!

OVER HERE!!

The snow has arrived in Newport!! Blowing around in the wind, we could have drifting tonight.

Snow getting a lot heavier here however looks like ending soon, only a thin band of precip over us. 0.9c though now with bigger flakes but i think this is all we are going to get tonight.

RCT have cancelled school transport for tomorrow (http://www.rctcbc.go...ltransport.aspx). Not sure myself if it will hit the valleys that hard. Hopefully get some more of the white stuff in my back yard tho!

Well I have never ever seen so many gritters and JCB's pulling grit go pass my house in one hour. Somethings brewing and they are doing a lot of work around this area......

JK

PPN seems to be tracking westwards - may miss S Wales completely - come back this way!!

OVER HERE!!

Its moving NW, precipitation near Salisbury, will come our way, dont worry!

Weather Radar - Live UK Rainfall Radar - Netweather.tv

OVER HERE!!

That bloody local radio kicking up a frenzy stupidity what is local radio up to whip up a frenzy causing panic really naff!!

The winds really picking up and the snow is all over the place at the moment. This is not going to be fun if it gets heavier during rush hour :)

i think it will be another 2-3 hours b4 the heavy stuff arrives here,just a feeling I have.has there been any reports of people raiding supermarkets today like last thursday?lol

Very heavy snow here now in Hwest, Pembs. Looks temporary and fast moving however :( hoping for it to recurve round this evening, we will see.

and there we are, snow getting lighter, i fear that is our last here in west wales for a couple of weeks at least. Im wishing that this band will recurve westwards however im not confident on this.

Looks like east wales should get some, but won't move any further west than newport

What makes you think Newport?

Snowing here with light flakes with a blustery wind .

Looks like it will get heavier during this evening .

hmmmmm still nothing in Magor but newport has.... hope we don't miss out.

Snowing here with light flakes with a blustery wind .

Looks like it will get heavier during this evening .

newport/cwmbran next pontypool cant wait please let it be long and slow and very heavy