Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 22nd 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Ohhh dear, Alex Dolan on BBC Look East attempting to explain an SSW...then handing over to good old Jim Bacon to actually explain it

Painful watching

SK

Probably painful for weather enthusiasts to watch (I didn't see it myself, as I was leaving work) but 95% of the general population wouldn't care less about a SSW, so likely not as cringeworthy as it might have appeared. :)

Posted

game over, what a waste of my evening, why did the radar have to tease me with false hope

Lol seems to be a recurring theme this winter usually we do alright from anything southerly with the chilterns

Pepping up precipitation this year it's been unbelievable that a 5mile radius has had almost half the amount as everywhere else !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Pretty miserable here currently, with the drip, drip, drip of a slow thaw. To be honest in 3 or 4 weeks I'll be seriously looking forward to Spring. It's not the cold, I just find the dark starts to become wearing sad.png and I'll be willing on the earlier sunrises and later sunsets.

Posted

Well, Green echoes right bang over my head, yet the moon is out?????

That's me for the night, 3am start in the morning.

Wonder if the rain will evaporate when it comes smashing through at the weekend?

Posted

i wish this pointless front would just clear off now since its not giving me anything, so the skies can clear and temps can fall sharply, but this annoying legacy of cloud will remain all night i think and temps wil stay at 0c

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Had some light snow here, gave a dusting on the cleared path but nothing much !

Posted

Well, Green echoes right bang over my head, yet the moon is out?????

That's me for the night, 3am start in the morning.

Wonder if the rain will evaporate when it comes smashing through at the weekend?

Same here, green returns on the radar and a hazy moon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Same here in Moulton, under the yellow, very bizarre

Edited by jimben

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Here is what the citizens of Milton Keynes have been doing with their snow....

post-10773-0-51814200-1358891803_thumb.j

post-10773-0-96654300-1358891833_thumb.j

post-10773-0-18574000-1358890764_thumb.j

post-10773-0-61628300-1358890984_thumb.j

post-10773-0-05030600-1358891007_thumb.j

post-10773-0-61879700-1358891056_thumb.j

post-10773-0-74535700-1358891172_thumb.j

post-10773-0-39628400-1358891383_thumb.j

post-10773-0-72094600-1358891119_thumb.j

post-10773-0-98004500-1358891328_thumb.j

post-10773-0-07288600-1358891232_thumb.j

and my favourite....

post-10773-0-30975300-1358891876_thumb.j

post-10773-0-15588900-1358891090_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Temperature continuing to drop here, around 0C. DP below -2C. Would rather have the lower temperatures and dew points to be honest instead of wet snow. Not sure how cold it will get tonight here, maybe a few degrees below zero. Wednesday and Thursday night have the potential to be very bitter indeed, I think we will see at least one more set of sub -10C recordings before this cold spell is out!

The transition to milder weather is appearing to take place during Friday night into Saturday, with the possibility of a spell of snow preceding the rain until the colder temperatures are mixed out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

i haven't given up all hope of the Atlantic being beaten back.....but I have to say the chances are fading. Instead it looks as if a brief if any spell of leading edge snow will soon be overtaken by heavy heavy rain on friday....with more to come at the end of the weekend. Windy as well though not as bad as further west.

On the other hand...If the cold block did put up a stiffer resistance than just about anything or anyone apart from blind hope thinks it will...the weekend could bring Narnai - the Original motion picture our way and last weekend would just seem like a prequel! :)

Posted

On the other hand...If the cold block did put up a stiffer resistance than just about anything or anyone apart from blind hope thinks it will...the weekend could bring Narnai - the Original motion picture our way and last weekend would just seem like a prequel! smile.png

I'm probably talking rubbish (since I've only been looking at the charts for a few weeks) but the latest GFS run is quite a bit different than previous ones in the earlier frames....I wonder

Posted

Just a quick heads up to expect some incredibly low temps during Thursday evening/overnight. Seems those who retain deep snow cover could see mins drop below -10C, I reckon someone in the W of this region could hit -15C!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Just a quick heads up to expect some incredibly low temps during Thursday evening/overnight. Seems those who retain deep snow cover could see mins drop below -10C, I reckon someone in the W of this region could hit -15C!!!

Funny enough it would be happening just as the cold spell seems set to end. And the relative lack of such extreme negatives over the course of the two weeks is something that stands out for me this month. We've had great amounts of snowfall and lengthy periods of snow falling......yet the ponds and lakes are barely frozen...only just enough to hold the snow. One such night won't help much but might create the impression of more ice solidity so I do fear a couple of "fell through the ice while trying to rescue a dog" type stories as a result. In truth I've seen more freezing of ponds and lakes from much les simpressive cold snaps. I guess the extent of the cloud we've had....which in turn bought the snow...hasn't helped in this regard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

can anyone explain why this lot shifts east when u forward the radar lol?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

No one is ever in the chat room any more :(