Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 22nd 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

is that front is gonna hit essex ?? no forcast say so, but if you run through animation on the radar; to keep to forcast that system has gotta serisly start moving west, however praying it moves east :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme seasonal events

Ok metoffice deff been caught out here. Family in East Sussex say heavy snow covering even main roads with massive flakes.nea.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

it definately looks like its going to hit us?? It is pivoting but not as much as i thought it would....dont look at the models as this is a nowcast i feel....(well i hope)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Watching the year britain froze on 4od worth a watch compares what were seeing out side nothing lol

Posted

Ok metoffice deff been caught out here. Family in East Sussex say heavy snow covering even main roads with massive flakes.nea.gif

How have they been Caught out when East Sussex is in the yellow warning area lazy.gif

Edited by zubzero

Guest archiesmummy

Wasn't this supposed to pivot round to the west? This isn't far away from me now and I know it may fall as sleet or rain but didn't think was even going to get as far east as it already has, this will be some pivot! Lol

I can but dream I get several inches tonight, will be curtain twitching tonight I think!

Posted

this system has deffo gone more north than forcasted can anyone suggest how mch further it will get :) i reckon it will reach north essex but im only a novice when it comes to forcasting :) interesting thou :)

Posted

Latest radar takes, are starting to show a westward movement now.

Definetely not going to reach me. :-(

im not sure i still reckon, this will brush south essex, maybe where you are, dono, will be interesting to see how this develops :)

Posted

I didn't even know we had a chance for snow again, and then I check the radar. Looks as though some of that precip may hit me. I was waiting for the South Westerlies to begin tbh. Kind of jealous of those in Central areas, looks like they have it good, from looking at the news!

Edited by WheresTheSnow

Posted

hmmm up to 0.8c here

Yep a 1c rise in the last hour here it surely wouldn't rain warmest it's been all day

Posted

Last week I was standing outside looking at the trees when I noticed the power cables were starting to bend under the weight of just the frost. Decided to order a generator as we've a bit of a history of power cuts. Supposed to be delivered last friday but didnt make it due to the snow. Still waiting for it to be delivered. Power cuts have now started - ho hum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

This front can pivot, shimmy, sidestep, whatever it bloody wants as long as it behaves according to the forecast. Fresh snow on slushy ice would be a recipe for not much fun.

Posted

im hoping we don't have anymore.

Shocking conditions today here in Peterborough. Still have around 8 inches lying and combined with temps of -7C this morning and freezing fog its been awful.

Posted

Just looked at the Rain Today radar.... and that definately aint gonna happen..! (although I hope im wrong as that shows St Neots having moderate snow by 9pm)

Really dont think its got any chance of getting this far north and east.

Posted

A little bit of energy just starting to be fed through the Thames estuary, forming some secondary precipitation on the north-eastern flank at the moment. The pivot should take the main thrust of the energy through the estuary in the next couple of hours, and it will be interesting to see if it can form anything for this region as this occurs.

Temperature profiles broadly temp 1c/DP -1c which is conducive of some big wet flakes

SK

well its gonna be plain old rain if it reaches here, dewpoint 1.1c

I would presume the temperature is rising due to the cloud cover associated with the system, I am reading a due point of -1.3 so my guess is that it will be wet snow not like the other day. The radar at present does show ppn moving towards this area although to be fair it's showing sleet although areas of pink are starting to appear.

Posted

I would presume the temperature is rising due to the cloud cover associated with the system, I am reading a due point of -1.3 so my guess is that it will be wet snow not like the other day. The radar at present does show ppn moving towards this area although to be fair it's showing sleet although areas of pink are starting to appear.

http://www.weatherwise.org.uk/

well i hope this site is wrong then, my weather station says 0.9c but i don't have a dewpoint on it,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

This front can pivot, shimmy, sidestep, whatever it bloody wants as long as it behaves according to the forecast. Fresh snow on slushy ice would be a recipe for not much fun.

Bring it on I say blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

under the blob but not much happening out there.....