Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 00z------------->

A.J

Posted

The PPN appears to have reached its furthest Eastern extent (No further than Poole/Swanage)

This has really surprised me its developed so widely! Convection is always hard to predict.

SM

Posted

Looks like its starting to pull West at the northern extent. Could be just the wrong timing for Bristol for any of the heavier stuff sad.png

A few light snow flakes blowing around here now

Edited by kumquat

Posted

Looks like its starting to pull West at the northern extent. Could be just the wrong timing for Bristol for any of the heavier stuff sad.png

A few light snow flakes blowing around here now

We still have that ppn coming off the channel that's pepping up, hopefully doesn't pull west too much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & cold

Moderate to heavy snow here in LA giving a dusting on the areas that have thawed out over the past few days. Nice bonus.

Posted

Why is it that snow always seems to begin at silly hours in the morning crazy.gif

I know! Gotta get up soon lol

Posted

Just started snowing properly here. Where are you BristolBlizzard? Must be snowing if you are in Bris?

Posted

Why is it that snow always seems to begin at silly hours in the morning crazy.gif

To reward only the true faithful. happy.png Eased off a bit here now BTW.

Edited by TheLastMinute

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Got lazy I have a problem up and looked outside

Fresh snow in Oakhampton, and freezing under clear skies

Darn typical, slept through it

Edited by stevofunnelcl

Posted

Right - gotta hit the sack - seen the white stuff so I can go to bed happy :) Good luck to us all for tomorrow

Posted

Our band for tomorrow forming off the coast of Brittany??

Looking at the MetO rainfall map, I think it may be something to do with it but frankly it all looks very unclear and involves different areas of ppn joining up and pushing across the north of our patch. Frankly, it looks like a lot to go wrong so I'm not holding my breath!

I think we could also have a few more heavier bursts during the early hours. There is a bright echo in the Bridgewater area that looks like it tracking up the M5 with another small area around Exeter following the same path with further patches pepping up in the channel further behind. I've got to go to bed, I too need to be up soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Just woken up to lovely big snow flakes swirling around in the street lights and settling nicely. Any patches in the snow that were there from the thaw are now filled in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

AT 3 AM MODERATE RAIN ,NOW BIG HVY BUT WET FLAKES ,looks like this is moving north quick .we may have to wait till next system now over breast peninsula moving north . we need luck on our side but a fair chance ,it will be a hard day forecasting wise ,cheers .drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

think its going to be a day of radar watching , but im off back to bed , i think our shot will come after mid day when a bit more cold air gets sucked in, snow now gone back to rain but nothing would surprise me over next 36 hrs , EDIT snow again now , drinks.gif