Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 22/01/13 00z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, lots of very interesting weather forecasted for our region over the next 24-36 hours, indeed some very interesting weather occuring right now!

So please carry on posting away here smile.png

Old thread here ----------->

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The ppn looks like hitting somerset bristol area but my guess is it will be light and patchy in nature when it does. met office app gives me light snow from midnight til 6am ythen heavy snow tmoro night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Any answer to a Crowe squawking outside my house at this time of night???????? does he know something we dont?

Edited by Ashley G

Posted

Any answer to a Crow squawking outside my house at this time of night???????? does he know something we dont?

No he just thinks its dawn because you turned all your outside lamps on to check for snow! rofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Well that was the most interesting weather I have ever seen. If that is over you on the radar, you HAVE to stay up. Looks like its been snowing outside, 1 cm of hail, huge thunder and fork lightening, its what dreams are made of I swear!!

Posted

Looks like everyone has gone to bed........... one last look outside for me and im off too. Nite

Posted

Anyone got an idea if Swindon is in the firing line for snow? And if so how much(potentially)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, wind. Hot summer days.

Damn it, ya pop in to take a quick look to see what's occuring and bam, there is some nice ppn heading towards me! wanted an earlyish night as well! -1.7 here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

Night all I'm off to dream about snow, no doubt I'll be up every hour checking lamppostclapping.gif

Posted

Well that was the most interesting weather I have ever seen. If that is over you on the radar, you HAVE to stay up. Looks like its been snowing outside, 1 cm of hail, huge thunder and fork lightening, its what dreams are made of I swear!!

Even more reason to stay up, looks like its heading towards we... I got work .... dammit :(:) lol

Posted

Damn it, ya pop in to take a quick look to see what's occuring and bam, there is some nice ppn heading towards me! wanted an earlyish night as well! -1.7 here.

I think I'm going to have to call it a night I am shattered and Ive sat here staring at the radar hardly move for over an hour now. Just have to hope we don't miss out on event tuesday. good.gif

Posted

I think I'm going to have to call it a night I am shattered and Ive sat here staring at the radar hardly move for over an hour now. Just have to hope we don't miss out on event tuesday. good.gif

Well it does look like its a few hours off......ahhhh I'll make a cup of tea and give it a bit............(famous last words)

I hope we don't miss out on tomorrows fun either. Light snow forecast here,

Edited by rockhopper

Posted

What a sad sight i just looked.. Stood outside in the sleet/rain hot chocolate in one hand and strike alert in the other.. Hubby just looked at me like I was mad..

kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Those are quite hefty showers in the SW, just below S.Wales what are people reporting? http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Even more reason to stay up, looks like its heading towards we... I got work .... dammit sad.pngsmile.png lol

It will be worth the wait if the intensity stays there.... Right, off to bed after all that!!!

Posted

Those are quite hefty showers in the SW, just below S.Wales what are people reporting? http://www.netweathe...ion=radar;sess=

Posted

nothing much here just heavy rain/sleet looks like its rotating away up towards Bristol. moving more Easterly..

kaz

Posted

Those are quite hefty showers in the SW, just below S.Wales what are people reporting? http://www.netweathe...ion=radar;sess=

A real mix - Snow (not so much!), Sleet, Hail and Rain ....and Thunder / Lightning. There's a sferic strike on NW radar to prove it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

A real mix - Snow (not so much!), Sleet, Hail and Rain ....and Thunder / Lightning. There's a sferic strike on NW radar to prove it smile.png

Do you know why there isnt much snow falling? Are the dew points/temperatures to high? Because im hoping when/if it gets here it will fall as snow as the temp is at -1C with a dp of -2.2C.

Posted

I got 1degs and 0dp and its sleet/rain/hail was going to bed until it started raining here 10mins ago. What to do??????

Posted

There have been some reports of a drop in temp as the ppn approaches - I would expect Cardiff and Bristol to be snow - we've already had snow showers earlier and temp and dew points are down from then. Maybe the uppers not quite cold enough - certainly looks all snow over Exmoor:

220113.png