Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Clearing here now. Temps have really fallen since I last left the office. Does anyone know or use the weather bug app? If so is it accurate? Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Some snow maybe for southern counties looking at these charts for Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

Edited by XLNC

Posted

Wish this cloud would bugger off. Really stopping temps from dropping. It has been sat between 0-1c all day. Need a nice -5 to preserve the snow pack.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Saw BBC weather at 6.30 and think that Low pressure would have to move about 50-70 miles further East and about 20-30 miles North to affect us-Just don't think it is going to happen(about 10% chance i would say).

Looking further ahead as i see every model pan out it seems more certain that breakdown WILL happen by i would say Friday/Saturday.Hope GEM is right though as that would keep the cold over UK and by end of next weekend we would have another shot of snow on our hands!!.That model is on it's own though and until it gets support from others,enjoy the snow over next few days as it will gradually thaw and then re-freeze overnight.Everyone take care as Ice first thing in the mornings will be extremely dangerous!!

Keep safe and Keep your fingers crossed that GEM is the Trendsetter for our weather for the weekend!!blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Crazy stuff, we've had intermittent very light snizzle here on and off throughout the day, does make me smile when I see Precipitation simply popping into existence a few miles off the shoreline :-)

I think the snow gods have taken up residence somewhere in the English channel...tomorrow's prospects look very very marginal along the Coast line, I'd be amazed it I saw snow tomorrow....mind you I was amazed to see a brief shower a few moments back...so who knows what will happen.

Posted

Not for the squeamish. Thank God's its in FI.

Recm2161.gif

-2.1c and clear.

Edited by mulzy

Posted

Not for the squeamish. Thank God's its in FI.

Recm2161.gif

-2.1c and clear.

Yes FI Is looking god awful with no quick return to cold.

Then again we haven't broken out of this one yet, so who knows. Perhaps the Atlantic surge will keep getting delayed and a slider will drop favourably..

Posted

Yes FI Is looking god awful with no quick return to cold.

Then again we haven't broken out of this one yet, so who knows. Perhaps the Atlantic surge will keep getting delayed and a slider will drop favourably..

Last paragraph is key there...until we can get the energy balance N/S resolved (and the ops do still differ with this - ensembles not especially useful in such a scenario as this) for this weekend then there is very little point worrying what +192 charts show

SK

Posted

Current temp 0c

Ventured out today, all the roads are ok but the pavements are another story. Will be treacherous in the morning.

My daughter cleared my driveway and my car this morning so I rewarded her with some hot chocolate and a sausage sarnie :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Just looked out the back door and it's snowing very lightly!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Has anyone noticed the small patch off light ppn heading through the Bristol Channel and down the M4 corridor, doesn't seem to be losing any intensity right now.

Worth keeping an eye on... It might add a sprinkle to the ice later on in West London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temp is now -0.6 and cloudy here in Petts Wood/Locksbottom borders.Just had a quick look at North of England Thread and the snow up Consett way,County Durham is just awsome.Thought our snow in SE wasn't bad yesterday,but it looks like a light dusting to what they are getting!!Very envious but good luck to them!!

Posted

Sledgers were having fun up on the Firehills this afternoon.

Edited. My apologies, I have no idea why that 1st photo is so shockingly out of focus. fool.gif

post-10628-0-31372800-1358797293_thumb.j

post-10628-0-50504900-1358797356_thumb.j

post-10628-0-08127600-1358797408_thumb.j

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

I was going to have my first stab at a weekly forecast, but to be honest there isn't a lot to say at the moment.

Cold for most of the week. Some low night time minima. A slow thaw, with ice a problem. A few wintry showers around. With an outside shot of a light snowy top up in the W/SW of the region midweek.

The temps will slowly rise to near normal levels by the end of weekend, with the Atlantic set to break through. Perhaps with a snow to rain breakdown. Average and zonal thereafter, whilst we patiently await a reload of cold into Feb.

All subject to change of course. But that is what I am seeing at present.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Metolatest forecast shows a light snow shower at 03:00hrs for me, this been changing on very forecast. Temps still look low all week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.