Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

A new thread to discuss your regional weather and nonsense (well less nonsense, more weather if we can manage that!!)

Edited by Coast

Posted

I am going to give my views for the week ahead, once I have viewed the 12z output. Go easy on me!...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Steve if u get a chance drive over to high beach in Epping forest it's like a winter wonderland in the forest there must be nearly a foot of snow where's there's been very little thaw from Fridays snow

Posted

has anyone seen the fax from today for the end of the week? it looks interesting!

This one?

PPVO89.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Interesting development down here on the coast, we had a half hearted attempt at a thaw earlier, but the bits that were beginning to turn to slush have re frozen already, just been out for a walk with the dogs....it feels colder then it did between 12-2 pm.

bodes well for this incoming precipitation !

Posted

ye that's it,

it seems very different to the runs i have seen for the end of the week, is it delaying the breakdown?

Posted

This one?

PPVO89.png

Looks like an angry atlantic, ready to sink the weak block and bring in SW'lies to me?

Guest bjaykent

Looks like an angry atlantic, ready to sink the weak block and bring in SW'lies to me?

Agree High sinking cutting off cold continent SW coming over the top.looking to be wet and wild for while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Well actually I gotta admit looking Like I'm well wrong now with the big blob, it's getting dragged further into France, Meto rainfall radar pretty much ruled it out also, I guess now all eyes down to the SW for tomorrow

33w08c1.png

Posted

GFS does have us in for a warmer period from Friday for a few days, but I think it's all literally in the air again!!

Posted

Very slushy on busy pavements now, side streets look nicer still. Not sure on temp but it's spitting with rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Heavish shower in Canterbury atm! Snow too

There's few showers breaking away from the main blob also and heading our way, shows how close we were to a decent event if we could of secured all of it.

Posted

Temperature at Reigate grammar down to 0.4c with a dew of -1.5c... Nothing falling off the trees... Day 4 of snow cover successfully negotiated!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Tilly I've just read your post re your boy - take him to a&e if you can get there coz the doc who saw me was really angry with the triage nurse because she never had me seen straight away - because I was struggling to get my breath it could have been a lot worse seems the steroids r working my face is coming down slowly must admit when I was waiting for the van to be cleared of snow I was thinking maybe I should dial 999 and was cursing being so happy about having snow yesterday!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Good to see the rain fizilling out to the west, the thaw while noticeable hasn't been dramatic and temperatures are dropping, so rain rain go away please!

Posted

Temperature at Reigate grammar down to 0.4c with a dew of -1.5c... Nothing falling off the trees... Day 4 of snow cover successfully negotiated!

Yes, temperature peaked according to my readings at +0.9c. Currently reading +0.3c and DP of -1,6c, so very similar to yours GP.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Well actually I gotta admit looking Like I'm well wrong now with the big blob, it's getting dragged further into France, Meto rainfall radar pretty much ruled it out also, I guess now all eyes down to the SW for tomorrow

33w08c1.png

Nice try, but yes if you look at the pressure charts it gave a clue as to where it would go. Shame. Tomorrow? I'll have a look into it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

The 12z NAE is actually quite poor as a result of moving the ppn east. It also produces higher dewpoints. The channel low is indicated further north than this morning. The only other model that has come out this afternoon so far is the GME and this has done the opposite to the NAE and moved the low south close to the French coast, rather than the English channel coast. The northward position will bring more ppn eastwards for sure - but it will also make rain more likely than snow...which is not good. So depending on your locality will depend on which option is right for you. The southern one will suit southern most counties.

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice day here but snow thawing with a temp nearly at 1C, lots of dripping :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

gfs-0-42.png?6

Need to keep an eye on that Low coming in from the NW , any change in its position could have us getting more snow