Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincs Regional Discussion 21/01/13 06z Onwards

Coast

Posted

Me too, i've been recording 15cm on the yard and street, double on the unexposed fields and there looks more than a lot of photo's i've seen with higher totals, some much higher..

My tape must be knackered so its now officially 25cm here.

Although my total is fresh snowfall from this event, it excludes snow cover from Friday as its a bit cheeky to record a 6-10cm head start unless stating combined lying snow cover.

All depends who measures the snow. When men do the measuring the totals are much higher than the ladies for some reason!

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Just went for a long walk - snow depth well above my ankles, even on the pavements, and drifts reaching the half-way point between my ankles and my knees. I'd say we have 15cm of level snow, possibly higher.

Same here, took the camera out and went down the river, theres a good few inches down the river which is good as its heavily sheltered by tree cover.

Fridays knee high drifts up the walls in the open fields are now higher than the walls, i jumped in one up to my goolies, shame thats not the level snow

fall amount, we'd be tunneling.

Sounds like it gave most of central Yorks the same dumping. Enjoy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

All depends who measures the snow. When men do the measuring the totals are much higher than the ladies for some reason!

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifgood.gif Too true. HaHa

Posted

Well it looks more like 5pm outside than it does 11.22am! its very dark and heavy snow falling!

It has here too, its been coming down nicely for the past hour but its just gone dark and the sky's grey, maybe one last blast as its parting finale.

Or its going to p1ss it down.

Edited by Machu Picchu

It has here too, its been coming down nicely for the past hour but its just gone dark and the sky's grey, maybe one last blast as its parting finale.

Or its going to p1ss it down.

maybe Adamlufc has had his way and its the end of the world coming?

Posted

Even though ive got a level 7-9cm cover here, still impressed how it recovered from a marginal event! The snow has stuck to everything!

post-1104-0-49626400-1358768170_thumb.jp

Look at the snow on the woodlands!

post-1104-0-36308100-1358768204_thumb.jp

Posted

maybe Adamlufc has had his way and its the end of the world coming?

I could believe that if i'd not spoke to him when he got up, he'll be skipping now and in love with the world since he

opened the curtains, rubbed the rice crispies from his eyes and screamed like he'd got 5 numbers and 2 lucky stars.

Posted

Hi all, loads of snow here in North Bradford. At least 5 inches of new snow and still coming down lightly. Very pleased !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

The snow plough must have been busy last night..

Vm2NyFP.png

2d495c7f4459497492a4183.png

Posted

Even though ive got a level 7-9cm cover here, still impressed how it recovered from a marginal event! The snow has stuck to everything!

post-1104-0-49626400-1358768170_thumb.jp

Look at the snow on the woodlands!

post-1104-0-36308100-1358768204_thumb.jp

Very nice photo's Craig good.gif Those trees look absolutely stunning. This snow has stuck to trees and bushes much better than usual.

Posted

Very nice photo's Craig good.gif Those trees look absolutely stunning. This snow has stuck to trees and bushes much better than usual.

Cheers mate. Thats the view from my bedroom window! great thing is, the skys clear for the first time in the past 4 days tonight lol. temp never gets above 0c

according to metoffice!

Posted

The snow plough must have been busy last night..

Vm2NyFP.png

2d495c7f4459497492a4183.png

Nice pics Aaron. One thing i hate about the ploughs is, the gritters go first then the plough speeds through at stupid speed spraying brown crap and grit

allover the good fresh snow on the paths, and your garden if you live round here.

Edited by Machu Picchu

Posted

Nice pics Aaron. One thing i hate about the ploughs is, the gritters go first then plough speeds through at stupid speed spraying brown crap and grit

allover the good fresh snow on the paths and your garden if you live round here.

Yup, there was a fair amount of brown gunk on the path, even more on the road! Really quite horrid, walking across a slushy mess. But other than that, a true winter wonderland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Snow has finally stopped here, after a snowy morning, but with the temperature above 1C since 9am so none of it has settled. The 3-4cm on the ground will probably last until the end of the week though.

The easterly for Tuesday/Wednesday doesn't look like delivering much convection over the North Sea- perhaps some moderate snow showers for eastern Scotland and Northumberland/Tyne and Wear early tomorrow but generally speaking this looks like being a mainly dry cloudy type of easterly.

Posted

Cheers mate. Thats the view from my bedroom window! great thing is, the skys clear for the first time in the past 4 days tonight lol. temp never gets above 0c

according to metoffice!

Thats one hell of a view mate, jealous much you lucky BeeeeP. Looks like below zero temps all week so we'll have snow cover to at least Friday, all being well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Wow wow wow I was hoping it would go to plan as forecast and it has!! Now to relax n enjoy until sat. Was out in it all last night until 2/3am!

Posted

Wow wow wow I was hoping it would go to plan as forecast and it has!! Now to relax n enjoy until sat. Was out in it all last night until 2/3am!

Holy crapola. shok.gif

Posted

Patients is always the key Adam good.gif

Posted

Yup, there was a fair amount of brown gunk on the path, even more on the road! Really quite horrid, walking across a slushy mess. But other than that, a true winter wonderland.

Luckily the gunks on the other side of the road to me but unless you're wearing wellies you cant walk on the path and are forced onto the road.

Winter wonderland indeed, it looks a nice place out your way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Still snowing here and the temperature has finally dropped below freezing to -0.1°C. Looks like the band is inching North on the radar and very soon we will be out of the South side of it. However, there appears to be more stuff developing South of the main band in the N Sea and this may well come this way.

Another couple of cms have fallen since I cleared the drive at 08:30. Will need to do some 'official' measuring sometime today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

post-16459-0-92771800-1358769522_thumb.jpost-16459-0-38520200-1358769572_thumb.j

Couple from the front and back gardens. Not measured it yet tho!

Think I live in Australia!! Lol

Edited by The MilkyBarKid