IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincs Regional Discussion 21/01/13 06z Onwards

Coast

Posted

A measly 5/6cm here, nothing to wriiiiite home about lol

Serious or jokes?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold.

Looks like the snow over Sheffield is getting towards the end of its deluge. Which is a shame, was looking forward to a day of snow being dropped on us. I can't complain at what we've had overall though, last night was a fantastic amount of snow to top us up.

Can anyone inform me if we are to expect anything more in the next few hours? Meteoradar shows the tail end of it fizzling away over us.

Posted

Serious or jokes?

Serious, I'm in the town centre now, seems to get a lot less than the outskirts. Just up leeds road a bit higher my dad says he's had about 4 inches, should never have moved out lol.

Posted

Serious, I'm in the town centre now, seems to get a lot less than the outskirts. Just up leeds road a bit higher my dad says he's had about 4 inches, should never have moved out lol.

I'm at 150M ASL atm and there's a good 8 inches of snow. Perhaps the surrounding hills killed of the precipitation.

Posted
  • Location: Home: Oakworth, West Yorkshire, UK (250m ASL) / Work: Bradford, West Yorkshire (110m ASL)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Extreme Weather
  • Location: Home: Oakworth, West Yorkshire, UK (250m ASL) / Work: Bradford, West Yorkshire (110m ASL)

I live in Haworth and woke up to a great covering this morning, easily 15 cms on the car and street (the drifts in surrounding areas were easily 30cms or more). Still managed the daily commute to Headingley though and it only to 1/2 hour extra (via Bradford). An impressive amount in and around Headingley though bearing in mind it's low altitude and close proximity to Leeds Centre. Looking forward to further flurries on and off today and a cold night to come.

Posted

I work in Roberttown (live in Huddersfield). I've not even attempted to make the commute.

A good decision as the A62 is blocked from Birstall right back through to Huddersfield. Strange this is that motorways are empty - most of the queuing is caused by BMW's that can't cope in the snow with their rear wheel drive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Thats our lot for snow in south Yorkshire. Must say i'm pleasantly surprised as i though it would just miss us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Thats our lot for snow in south Yorkshire. Must say i'm pleasantly surprised as i though it would just miss us.

You sure it's still coming down here on Border with Sheffield.

Posted

I'm at 150M ASL atm and there's a good 8 inches of snow. Perhaps the surrounding hills killed of the precipitation.

Think it might have been the temperature been just a bit too mild as I'm quite low down now. lol in 2010 we got as much snow from just one snow shower as we have got from 4 entire snow events this time round..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

You sure it's still coming down here on Border with Sheffield.

Sorry i mean the heavier stuff, light snow yes for another hour or two.

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Anyone heard from AdamLUFC or has he been snowed in help.gif not that he will admit it.

I spoke to him when he woke up, he was in shock and very excited about the deep snow view from his window.

In fact i'd say he was ecstatic.

Anyone who is saying we have only had 3-4cm of Snow must be blind we have had 15-20cm herr i Dronfield on the Border with Sheffield.

Maybe not blind, that literally is all that has settled. Had an easy run this morning on the M62/M18. I guess a few miles west or south would've made a big difference..

Or maybe i need a new ruler?rofl.gif

Edited by Mike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

There's still some convection going on off-shore, though it's notreally any great shakes, so that does correspond with the localforecast this morning, which suggested show showers on and off all morning and into the early afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

There's definitely only been an extra 4 or 5cms here overnight (heeley).. but up at my parents in totley they've had about 10inches apparently.. so fairly large variations within Sheffield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Maybe not blind, that literally is all that has settled. Had an easy run this morning on the M62/M18. I guess a few miles west or south would've made a big difference..

Or maybe i need a new ruler?rofl.gif

Me too, i've been recording 15cm on the yard and street, double on the unexposed fields and there looks more than a lot of photo's i've seen with higher totals, some much higher..

My tape must be knackered so its now officially 25cm here.

Although my total is fresh snowfall from this event, it excludes snow cover from Friday as its a bit cheeky to record a 6-10cm head start unless stating combined lying snow cover.

Edited by Machu Picchu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Just went for a long walk - snow depth well above my ankles, even on the pavements, and drifts reaching the half-way point between my ankles and my knees. I'd say we have 15cm of level snow, possibly higher, depending on where you walk.

Edited by Aaron