Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 20/01/13 ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Llantrisant in his profile. That's where I encountered my blizzard on the way home.

I don't live in Llantrisant just stay there a lot my gf lives there. Most of the time I'm just north of Cardiff tho.

Posted

This has nothing to do with tomm snow, if u look this is come from west where the weather tomm is almost S.east conn air like friday so dont give up the Hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

that big blob over the gower is heading right for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Is that a trough over W.Wales?

post-17320-0-53113700-1358792779_thumb.g

Posted

SNOWING!!!!

Whoop:) see if it can snow with warm winds over us right now at your location I'm pretty sure its going to snow tomorrow under the colder Winds. The air over Wales is very cold and entrenched. Ignore that guy he was spouting the same rubbish with no charts to say why etc on Friday and was proven well wrong.

Edited by Wales123098

Posted

SNOWING!!!!

Havent looked outside I shall look now!

Edit:Looked outside in excitement.......and its still raining :(

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A mix of rain, sleet and snow showers driving home from Aberystwyth recently.

Snow cover wise this diminished towards the coast as would be expected, with none at all along the coast from Aberaeron to Aberystwyth., just remnants and drifts on the higher stretches of the coast road.

Quite a thaw here today, about half of what accumulated last Friday has gone with grass reappearing in patches. Max 3.2c.

Posted

The 6.30 down played tomm snow.

yes they said possibility of some snow on the radio but they wasn't sure and also said it could be rain for some. in fact they didn't seem to know what was going to happen.

Posted

Surely you've been on this site long enough to know Jay is a wind up merchant?

Was it a joke? I though he was being serious!

Was it a joke? I though he was being serious!

I think the polite way to put it is that he sometimes lets his enthusiasm get the better of him. I'm bang in the centre of Cardiff at the moment and it's raining, if it's doing anything. Massive thaw in place at home towards the north of the city. Going to need some serious snow if it's going to stick and accumulate tomorrow.

No mate, ignore that fool - it was actually snowing where iam!

Another one in a special snow bubble. You must live next door to the music chap? Both of you seem to have problems with phantom snow.

Edited by idi_oh_boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Guys calm down it's very possible to have rain in one part of a city and snow in another area...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

It's raining here in Swansea.Going to hit t

he chocolate now depressed snow going.

that's the stuff heading straight for maesteg

be interesting to see if it falls as snow here

Posted

I don't think we need to disparage people's reports, I'm sure people are quite capable of seeing if it's snowing outside. And yes it's always best to take any reports on any social media with some pinch of salt, but there's no need to get into an argument about it. It's snowing here, by the way.

Posted

Derek's forecast was very very messy and downplayed the snow at one point and on the other did give it a good mention, covering themselves, myself belive we will see a spell of snow - perhaps generaly 2-7cm across southern Wales especially Carmarthenshire east, and perhaps a light covering in Northern Pembrokeshire, but it's so vague It could quite aswell be a non event to a very distruptive one.

Posted

Ian Furgesson sticking with met weather warning 2 to 5cm low ground 5 to 10 cms high ground.Quite a heavy squall line moving into Cornwall not worried about dew points because they will drop quickly in that front.

Posted

I think the polite way to put it is that he sometimes lets his enthusiasm get the better of him. I'm bang in the centre of Cardiff at the moment and it's raining, if it's doing anything. Massive thaw in place at home towards the north of the city. Going to need some serious snow if it's going to stick and accumulate tomorrow.

Another one in a special snow bubble. You must live next door to the music chap? Both of you seem to have problems with phantom snow.

Do you come in this forum just to annoy long term members such as my self and Jay and cause arguments. Usually this forum is the friendliest on the site. Look at last Friday, 2 hrs b4 it snowed it was 5c! Didn't mean the weather wasn't going to change and get colder. This is the thing, this is Wales we go from 1 extreme to the other in a matter of hours.

Posted

Just watched BBC News for SW England-

Their map showed extensive snow across much of southern Wales, away from the immediate coastal strip, as far west as St David's, from the early hours onwards (A la latest NAE) and continuing through most of the day!

Also been an inch and a half on the moor above Lands End, last night- very rare, apparently.

Quietly optimistic... for now.

Wind has just shifted Erly here. Temps 1.2c and dropping quickly.

Edited by benb

Posted

Yes I dont want any conflict within this amazing thread over where it is snowing and where it is not, maybe people feel down that this cold spell will come to an eventual stop this weekend, and they may think that tonight's and tomorrows event may not deliver, but I tell you guys one thing, Wednesday we could have another chance of snow, just saying that snow can pop out of nowhere, and dont get me started on what I think February may have instore!

Posted

I'm 240m asl IT'S SNOWING HERE - AND WHEN CARDIFF GETS RAIN IN MARGINAL SITUATIONS IT STILL SNOWS HERE - COME UP FROM THE VALLEY FLOOR TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN HERE - AND YOU DROP 2 - 3 CENTIGRADE!