Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 20/01/13 ----->

A.J

Posted

Light snow here. Temp 0.6c. Forecast for overnight is confusing. Metcheck were mentioning a snow bomb earlier although that report seems to have disappeared now (never heard of that term lol)!

Posted

Really!?!!?! Cant see any out of my window

nothing here on the hill opposite either ( Christchurch )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

The thing is these showers are coming in from the west, with the SW winds this means that dew points are higher and I think this is the reason why some of us even with temps around freezing are seeing rain, later the winds move, and the flow is coming from the NE, which means that our dew points will be lower, then *hopefully* any precipitation that falls will be snow.

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Hardcore blizzard cycle home from cardiff to pencoed

Impressive cycling that far to work!

Posted

Awww my snow is melting away in this heavy rain, if it was snow it would have added a few more cm on top! Hope it just stops now so it freezes over, in time for any snow later, because the ground atm isnt that great for snow to settle!

Oh no more is coming, goodbye left over snow, sad.png see you in February tease.gif

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Flakes now mixed in with the rain, please just be snow, or just stop raining!

Posted

Impressive cycling that far to work!

Piece of cake usually. Nice now that the nights have almost lengthened to a 5 pm sunset. So if I leave at 4 I get home in something resembling light.

Ride in is still somewhat dark mind...............

Posted

I think tomorrows snow may be downgraded for us for morning, but extending into wednesday like NMM shows, apparently from what i can gather the GM shows something more like NMM than NAE

Posted

After reading the SW England thread, we shouldn't write off the snow over the next few days!

Snow has been reported just over the channel in Weston and Bristol so there isn't much in it. wink.png

Posted

I guess the mood has turned to doom and gloom in here? Think tomorrow will be a damp squib for many but we'll see.

You said the same thing about Friday how it's all going to be a disappointment. Well 8 inches of snow is not a disappointment and its snowing right now

In fact its belting it down.

Edited by Wales123098

Posted

You said the same thing about Friday how it's all going to be a disappointment. Well 8 inches of snow is not a disappointment and its snowing right now

Really? sod all here mate - wow country durham on the news crazy snow blizzards and a foot up there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

May i ask where is just north of cardiff on your location?smile.png

Posted

Really? sod all here mate - wow country durham on the news crazy snow blizzards and a foot up there!

Well, I've just cycled back from central Cardiff to Pencoed. Snow was pretty consistent all the way save for central Cardiff itself. Pretty impressive totals perhaps slightly less than 2010. Other places Northwards look significantly worse than 2010.

It was certainly no 1982 but, IMO, the additional traffic and housing has a big effect on lying snow now.

Posted

Well Cardiff is low ground and close to the sea it is possible that they won't get any snow - Cardiff rarely does get snow. I went down the bay today to go to the cinema and the difference between the bay, the rest of Cardiff and here is massive. North of the M4 where most of the people in South Wales live could still get a lot of snow. I haven't seen any rain at all and the snow its settling. He was on here in the early hours of Friday morning saying its far too warm ignoring the met office forecasts & NAE for temperatures to drop (which they did). Wants to spoil the fun for the majority of people on here just because of his own anti-snow agenda. I'm pretty sure northern parts of Cardiff will get snow tonight anyway.

Posted

Winds from SW at the momemnt look to be coming fromm SE when front moves in early in the morning I think we may hopefully get the lower dew points required

Posted

May i ask where is just north of cardiff on your location?smile.png

Near Caerphilly mountain just to the north of the border. The radar shows showers just skimming me. Girlfriend says its snowing like crazy in Llantrisant too.

Posted

Latest NMM moves towards the NAE but still not showing tomorrow's precip as anywhere near as significant - below is the accumulated precip prediction for the 24 hours to 6pm tomorrow:

post-13083-0-14948000-1358787614_thumb.j

Also goes on to show a light band of snow moving over SE Wales then Mid Wales during Weds, but not amounting to much.

NMM just goes by Gfs doesn't it.