Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beerandkebab

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 20/01/13 ----->

What charts are people looking at, I can only see significant snowfall hitting SW Wales, looks like the SE just misses out, What am I missing?

From swansea council website

A few mainly light snow showers this afternoon. The snow showers will become more isolated after mid evening with RSTs below zero from 19h. Thicker cloud will bring a band of snow and sleet after midnight to many areas, perhaps rain at only lower levels. There is uncertainty regarding the persistence of this snow/sleet through to tomorrow morning but further outbreaks are likely at times, possibly quite heavy on higher ground.

3C here in Cardiff, snow has thawed a little :( Hoping any/if any snow tonight can top anything up!

Had some sleety snow/soft hail here today but most of the snow has melted now!

Anything falling from the sky in west wales?

Very light snow here, warmer and sunshine peeping through (occaisionally) no temp reading, my equipment has failed sorry.gif ! Still very icy on our untreated lanes.

Nothing settling as yet.

Location just off A487 between Brynhoffnant and Plwmp.

Gareth it can change bigtime, take last friday for instance when the oz thursday came out it was bringing about 20mm to our area then the 6z was suppose to bring 35mm to our area( that was red warning time) and then the later 12z brought it back to around 20mm and that was what we really had.

So i think the 12z will be very intresting because if it still says around 30mm then the game is on. I will be shocked if its that much going what ukmo oz was showing and the dog dinner Gfs 6z.

Yes, some change is guaranteed at 12z. 06z was an outlier last Thursday. Significant change? We'll know in an hour or two.

Fingers crossed!

What charts are people looking at, I can only see significant snowfall hitting SW Wales, looks like the SE just misses out, What am I missing?

Have a look at the NAE charts on weatheronline.co.uk

any1 think it will push north to hit craven arms postcode is sy7, NAE shows it very close ????

Yellow Alert of Ice for Wales

Yellow Alert of Ice for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Cardiff, Newport, Vale of Glamorgan & Swansea valid from 0005 Wed 23 Jan to 1200 Wed 23 Jan

Been snowing most of the day here light to moderately, not sticking apart from on grass and during heavier bursts before it melts again.

Cloud breaking up here with some blue skies, Snow is also thawing alot quicker today, temp now 3*C

any1 think it will push north to hit craven arms postcode is sy7, NAE shows it very close ????

Probably not, but i think the next charts at around 3 will be decisive.

Cloud breaking up here with some blue skies, Snow is also thawing alot quicker today, temp now 3*C

We are in a light westerly flow today with air dragged off the sea, hence the slightly increased temps. That will change overnight and into tomorrow with the winds veering to the east once more.

latest update from Pembrokeshire County Council:

Weather forecast for Monday 21st:

• Snow / sleet showers this afternoon mainly over hills and inland, rain / sleet around coasts. The accumulation of snow is anticipated to be only up to 1cm on hills.

• Dry spells developing this evening.

• Thicker cloud will bring a band of hill-snow and sleet after midnight to many areas, probably rain at lowest levels. There is uncertainty regarding the persistence of this snow through to tomorrow morning but further outbreaks are likely at times on hills. Snow amounts late tonight and tomorrow morning are highly uncertain but an extra 2-4cm possible by midday on higher ground.

Forecast this snow to move east to west tonight how far north it will go nobody knowsuksnowrisk.png

Cwmbran at 14:14hrs ;

Currently 2.7C : Dewpoint -2.1C : 969.8mb : Humidity 70%

Possibility of further and maybe significant snow to develop across South and South east Wales in the early hours of Tuesday, giving accumulations of anything between 2cm to 10 cm's, dependant on your location and altitude.

Also early signs of a warm up / thaw setting in over the coming weekend

The latest NAE out and still around the same as this morning but just perhaps a little later, instead of perhaps the heaviest snow around 6am till noon i think It might be perhaps 9 or a little later till 6. That will be Mad if it comes at that time. People would be panicking in work.

I think if mogreps is singing fromthe same hymn sheet then i think they will put a amber warning out soon

Thawing, still quite a bit of snow lying about, in the past ten minutes though, has started snowing!

The south westerners should like the new Nae, u might be joining in the fun

The latest NAE out and still around the same as this morning but just perhaps a little later, instead of perhaps the heaviest snow around 6am till noon i think It might be perhaps 9 or a little later till 6. That will be Mad if it comes at that time. People would be panicking in work.

I think if mogreps is singing fromthe same hymn sheet then i think they will put a amber warning out soon

Maybe the most intense PPN a little further South on this run, but its still giving moderate snow for most of South Wales.

A big stall is also clearly visible. Expect warnings pretty soon. Could be real disruption tomorrow seeing as its progged to intensify after people have made their commute. Still plenty of time to change although some areas could get hammered by this.

13012218_2112.gif

still snowing in queensferry, 3 inches at the moment.

I think we are in a different universe up here. 6 inches on the ground now and the snow continues. I don't get it, we were in an orange warning area last Friday and got 2 inches, today there are no warnings here or anywhere near us but we've had over 4 inches of snow, go figure.

Pete

Maybe the most intense PPN a little further South on this run, but its still giving moderate snow for most of South Wales.

A big stall is also clearly visible. Expect warnings pretty soon. Could be real disruption tomorrow seeing as its progged to intensify after people have made their commute. Still plenty of time to change although some areas could get hammered by this.

13012218_2112.gif

Yes could easy top 10cms wait and see how front develops.